Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2476, 2477, 2478 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
derv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spookymulder wrote:
Lind didn't pull his punch, it landed full on. This thread is full contact Sambjitsu!

I was being sarcastic...

Quote:
Mr. Hido: To post your bare ass to virtually all hardened bus enthusiasts casts thick, a slag not easily ground smooth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=410972
spookymulder
Samba Proletariat

Location: I'm either at 95608, 97537 or 94708 only my CPA knows for sure

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind didn't pull his punch, it landed full on. This thread is full contact Sambjitsu!
derv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
hazetguy wrote:
to me, anytime i see pending, it means "the check is in the mail", and we all know how that goes, especially with the VW crowd. next we will see a thread in the buyer/seller forum "so-and-so never sent payment". LOL
I hear ya. In the event that somebody is actually paying anywhere near that kind of money for those panels, I hope they find me as I've got some stuff to sell them.

I can put you in touch with the buyer if you like. I don't believe that he paid full price, but he probably paid too much. I told him that wilkerson was high on crack and not to buy the stuff from him.

Lind - only you can get away with pulling punches like that... Wink

Quote:
Mr. Hido: To post your bare ass to virtually all hardened bus enthusiasts casts thick, a slag not easily ground smooth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubinit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
hazetguy wrote:
to me, anytime i see pending, it means "the check is in the mail", and we all know how that goes, especially with the VW crowd. next we will see a thread in the buyer/seller forum "so-and-so never sent payment". LOL
I hear ya. In the event that somebody is actually paying anywhere near that kind of money for those panels, I hope they find me as I've got some stuff to sell them.

I can put you in touch with the buyer if you like. I don't believe that he paid full price, but he probably paid too much. I told him that wilkerson was high on crack and not to buy the stuff from him.

WOW those panels look a little dented not even close to $500 worth Rolling Eyes
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
hazetguy wrote:

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we bitched about how expensive they were when he first posted them but it looks like they are selling, pending now...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=402747

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
bam22422 wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=391867
I know this is a repost but back to the mileage thing... the most obvious red flag to me is it s supposedly a Canadian ambulance with 24k OG miles on the MPH SPEEDO Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

Canadian metrication began in January 1970 when the Liberal government led by Pierre Trudeau introduced the White Paper on Metric Conversion which was supported by the House Leaders of all political parties in the House of Commons. By 1975 metric product labelling began and weather forecasts were in metric. By the end of 1977 all road signs were metric and all new cars had metric odometers and speedometers.

Yup, we used to be Imperial until the 70's. All our vintage dubs are outfitted the same as US spec (pretty much).
I like Metric a whole lot better, even though I am plenty old enough to remember Imperial.
Hazetguy - you can come visit anytime!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bam22422 wrote:
hazetguy wrote:
bam22422 wrote:
the most obvious red flag to me is it s supposedly a Canadian ambulance with 24k OG miles on the MPH SPEEDO

Canadian metrication began in January 1970 when the Liberal government led by Pierre Trudeau introduced the White Paper on Metric Conversion which was supported by the House Leaders of all political parties in the House of Commons. By 1975 metric product labelling began and weather forecasts were in metric. By the end of 1977 all road signs were metric and all new cars had metric odometers and speedometers.

ahhh did not know that. before my time

i didn't either, i googled it. a little "research" on something that seems weird, goes a long way sometimes.
bam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
bam22422 wrote:
I know this is a repost but back to the mileage thing... the most obvious red flag to me is it s supposedly a Canadian ambulance with 24k OG miles on the MPH SPEEDO Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

ahhh did not know that. before my time
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bam22422 wrote:

Sweet Rides
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we`re still on good ol` MPH over here, even to this day. Very Happy

Last edited by Sweet Rides on Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bam22422 wrote:

Might seem odd but just not unheard of. We imported 3 really nice original low mile RHD Ovals from Australia and all of them had MPH speedos in them. Odd considering that everyone outside the USA is on the metric system but I would easily believe that a Canadian Bus could very well have had a MPH speedo originally.

bam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70 140
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the brakes were replaced and some work was done to it, I would guess it migrated to Florida...
derv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. Did the new owner get it from the lot in Grand Rapids, or is it still there? If it is still there, then they must be trying to sell the bus located in MI while they are in FL and the title is in MI?

Sounds like a serious lack of fundage (think 16 year old)...

Quote:
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
The Sage wrote:
///Mink wrote:
The Sage wrote:
Here the bitch to the next owner: I still have the clear title in my possession.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't you have turned that over when you sold it?

Yes, but they never sent me a mailing address.

Read this thread...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1701628&highlight=#1701628

Thats pretty wacked !!! I had wondered what happened to that deal, so WHEN did they come get it ??
That '60 does look pretty rough!!!!!!!

They didn't. They got the certified letter, freaked out, and called me. I then hauled it down to Grand Rapids and left it in a public storage lot. I called the lot 3 weeks later, and the bus was still there.

It looks rough, but it really isn't that bad. Rockers, floor pans, cargo floor on passenger side.

It has plenty of the original bling, including the spare cover...

I am happy to see they kept the engine in it.
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DubStyle wrote:
The Sage wrote:
DubStyle wrote:
Is this the same Mango that sold for $3500 a few months ago that was all hush hush? The guy was supposed to be keeping it?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=365104

After all the bullshit it took to ship that damn thing from Michigan to Miami...

I sold this in April and not for $3500. I wish those fellas good luck.

I thought it was the same Bus. Didn't the new owner claim he wasn't selling Yadda Yadda Yadda. Rolling Eyes

i hate the "i'll never sell it" crap...everything is for sale..for a price- hell, i'd sell my wife, w/o a second thought. Wink
my wife had a garage sale several years ago, i sold the dining room table/chairs, a hutch, coffee tables and a couch from the inside of our house.. Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2476, 2477, 2478 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2477 of 2710

Jump to: