Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2316, 2317, 2318 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I think my brain exploded reading the description though...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2105933
1962 Double Cab Cabine Dupla Price: $43000
Kombi Double cab, 62, rare example with a great level of originality, especially in relation to the body that maintains an excellent structure, without reforms or deep restorations, being that, despite its patina of time, it retains all its charm and allows a quite visualization faithful, which facilitates an evaluation in this sense, considering a reform or restoration. Original booth, saloon and bucket floors, which is quite rare, in addition to the original seats, maintains the perfect body alignment, spans, thus original creases. New engine, shifter, suspension, steering system all with perfect working. Fully updated documentation for immediate transfer.

What happens when Google translate mangles one of those over embellished dealer speak descriptons like in some of the ads you see on Ebay. Shocked

There was someone in a thread who claimed the custom gates were a dealer thing in the south American country he lived in. Maybe it was that seller?
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Interesting gates on this overpriced Double Cab
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Those gates kind of remind me of this ex-Italian Single Cab that's for sale on SSVC...
https://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&a...ab#p903948

The owner of the double cab must have had a real phobia of dragging the battery out of the engine bay, if they went to the trouble of doing this hack though...

Reminds me of the '59 double-door deluxe...
mandraks wrote:
looks like it is easy to get to the battery:

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
BarryL wrote:
Why does it have belly pans? The table leg floor mount looks Westy.

Oh, I just saw in another thread Pop-Tops have belly pans?

They generally don't have belly pans, I posted the link to this ad in the thread I started on a pop-top Westy I had with belly pans.

easy e wrote:
I wonder if it has inner skylight pressings.

I checked on the belly pan pop-top Westy I had and there were none.

Thread here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=598200

x2 on belly pans aren't standard equipment on a pop-top SO-42. The small pop top does not cut the rib for the dome light.

It is an option to have belly pans on any bus... but it is pretty rare if not on a sunroof bus, DD or Westy Dormobile.
I think there was a tin top Afghanistan delivered kombi with belly pans in a thread some French guys did a drive out on.
Ordered if they planned on driving bad roads?

That Westy probably does have a cool M-code plate; no jalousies makes sense with the steering lock.
I just don't see it being in nice enough condition for the 38-50K price they are dreaming of.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2105737
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
BarryL wrote:

They generally don't have belly pans, I posted the link to this ad in the thread I started on a pop-top Westy I had with belly pans.

easy e wrote:

Thread here:

That kit, or least the handle on the bed door is early too. The table leg looks later as well but its hard to see.

I'd love to see the m-code plate and vin plate on that bus to see if its a 42 or a 44 or whatever.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
oakman wrote:
BarryL wrote:

easy e wrote:

Thread here:

x2 on belly pans aren't standard equipment on a pop-top SO-42. The small pop top does not cut the rib for the dome light.

It is an option to have belly pans on any bus... but it is pretty rare if not on a sunroof bus, DD or Westy Dormobile.
I think there was a tin top Afghanistan delivered kombi with belly pans in a thread some French guys did a drive out on.

That Westy probably does have a cool M-code plate; no jalousies makes sense with the steering lock.
I just don't see it being in nice enough condition for the 38-50K price they are dreaming of.

Nice early bay window reflectors.

RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2105573

New member trying to unload his 15 Rolling Eyes My whine is on the price, but a '64 Turkis Kombi in OG paint and m-coded with windshield washers is a cool bus IMO. Looks solid...I'm sure the roof could be popped out.
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
Clara wrote:
oakman wrote:
BarryL wrote:

easy e wrote:

Thread here:

Ya, they were upgrading it to look like a 68. Smile
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
Clara wrote:
oakman wrote:
BarryL wrote:

easy e wrote:

Thread here:

Ya, they were upgrading it to look like a 68. Smile

Ha HA!, yeah, most would never be able to tell them apart Laughing
At least they kept the "safety upgrades" in the family, it could have a bag full of universal trailer refectors from the FLAPS screwed all over it, or some 62 Galaxie tail lights (although that mod requires the mandatory cut wheelwells to work properly).

It could be a German delivered bus that was taken to Westfalia after purchase for a camper upgrade, maybe the original owner knew what they wanted and ordered bellypans in anticipation?
My SO-44 had pans screwed on after the fact by the PO because he wanted the extra protection underneath, he bought them at the local dealer in Germany ~1971.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Weird seat.

1964 style middle seat in Como Green but with 63-down sewn seams
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2106321
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wexford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

A low information seller:

Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Weird seat.

Everett, Sie haben hier die einmalige Gelegenheit ein unversehrtes Stück Volkswagen-Geschichte zu kaufen - eine mittlere Sitzbank eines Volkswagen T1 Samba. Baujahr müsste in etwa 1962 1963 1964 oder 1965 sein. Die türkise Sitzbank für die Mitte des Busses hat keinerlei Risse und es handelt sich meines Wissens noch um den Originalbezug von VW. Die Lehne lässt sich problemlos auf und zu klappen. Die Federn sind nicht durch gesessen und der Sitz wurde keinem Zigarettenrauch ausgesetzt.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

The bus flippers are rank amateurs compared to the Porsche flippers: this was on CraigsList for $40k about a week ago https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2105771

1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Weird seat.

Everett, Sie haben hier die einmalige Gelegenheit ein unversehrtes Stück Volkswagen-Geschichte zu kaufen - eine mittlere Sitzbank eines Volkswagen T1 Samba. Baujahr müsste in etwa 1962 1963 1964 oder 1965 sein. Die türkise Sitzbank für die Mitte des Busses hat keinerlei Risse und es handelt sich meines Wissens noch um den Originalbezug von VW. Die Lehne lässt sich problemlos auf und zu klappen. Die Federn sind nicht durch gesessen und der Sitz wurde keinem Zigarettenrauch ausgesetzt.

I was going to commend you on your excellent and eloquent German, but then I realized it was from the ad...

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
Skim wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Weird seat.

I was going to commend you on your excellent and eloquent German, but then I realized it was from the ad...

Laughing Laughing

Only thing German I can tell you is my last name
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
Skim wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Weird seat.

Haha, I went go translate it, the translation made me realize it was from the ad Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Wexford wrote:

I wonder if the seller is aware that very few parts from the Beetle model actually fit a bus?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
Wexford wrote:

I wonder if the seller is aware that very few parts from the Beetle model actually fit a bus?

thats a rare 11 window with 15 windows
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

thom wrote:
The bus flippers are rank amateurs compared to the Porsche flippers: this was on CraigsList for $40k about a week ago https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2105771

About as big of a dreamer a some bus flippers. Maybe if it had a sunroof...

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not a whine as much as just trying to get them documented for posterity.

Las Vegas Barrett Jackson 2017

A couple of high end buses sold. 1964 Mouse gray went for $135,000, 1956 23 Window RHD sold for $110,000 plus fees

There were also two other buses, one a tidy standard 1964 Kombi that went for $49,500 and a customized 1967 panel van for $35,200
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:

Las Vegas Barrett Jackson 2017
A couple of high end buses sold. 1964 Mouse gray went for $135,000, 1956 23 Window RHD sold for $110,000 plus fees

Expensive for a 21-Window but it looks nice.
Needs trim rings and I wonder if it should have 15" wheels since it's early '64.

Is that Clara's driveway?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2316, 2317, 2318 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2317 of 2710

Jump to: