Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2363, 2364, 2365 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
nlorntson wrote:
That speedo looks like it's not installed level. That would drive me batty. I'd have to fix that

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And it's super faded, especially for a restored Bus.

Weird speedo to be in there, I've seen nicer ones in parts Buses

I did that to a speedo on the floor of my college apartment. Thought I could crack open a clear needle speedo and make er look Purdy. One swipe with a soft cloth and off came all my proof of potential top end speed Smile

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
thom wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1869724

This bus has been for sale on & off for the last 5 years. What a deal Laughing

This is still my favorite picture of it

It's in line with most "before" pictures that really don't apply to the presented bus(es) for sale. Why some people include senseless, additional pictures, I'll never understand. If a cover is included, just note that in the ad...

If I saw an ad with this as the main photo and it said "Cover not included" it would not surprise me at this point. Smile

Saw this truck at VW's on the Hill in Cumberland, RI this past year. It's a pretty cool truck, but I myself would never do that to a single cab, and I certainly wouldn't try to advertise it for several years straight at the astounding price of $35k. Nevertheless, it's a pretty cool truck and it certainly did get a lot of attention at the show.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

type2rescuemaine wrote:
EverettB wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
thom wrote:
APPLEGREENVW wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1869724

This bus has been for sale on & off for the last 5 years. What a deal Laughing

This is still my favorite picture of it

It's in line with most "before" pictures that really don't apply to the presented bus(es) for sale. Why some people include senseless, additional pictures, I'll never understand. If a cover is included, just note that in the ad...

If I saw an ad with this as the main photo and it said "Cover not included" it would not surprise me at this point. Smile

Saw this truck at VW's on the Hill in Cumberland, RI this past year. It's a pretty cool truck, but I myself would never do that to a single cab, and I certainly wouldn't try to advertise it for several years straight at the astounding price of $35k. Nevertheless, it's a pretty cool truck and it certainly did get a lot of attention at the show.

That wing looks Re-Dick-er-us !!!! Just as silly as a Ladder on the front of a Singlecab. IMHO.....

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I finally see its one redeeming quality- it doesn't take up much show space so it fits in right by the loo.
Visit the Tillamook buses, then hours later visit the winged thing when nature runs its course.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Come on Ryan, how much will you let it go for?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2095514

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Come on Ryan, how much will you let it go for?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2095514

Make him an offer and find out... but yeah, love to know what this thing will go for.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2166772
Aye dois mio!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

10k for the powertrain? That seems a little on the high side.
And I find it a little bush league to not include parts shown on the vehicle, especially when they are run-of-the-mill aftermarket. Geez, just buy another one, for crying out loud. Are you selling it or showing off?

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
And I find it a little bush league to not include parts shown on the vehicle, especially when they are run-of-the-mill aftermarket. Geez, just buy another one, for crying out loud. Are you selling it or showing off?

I think the 19.5k is more in the ball park for the way it sits with the engine and trans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Looks like the funky green front floor is already rusting.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Is that floor just sitting in there?
Shouldn't there be a bunch of spot weld marks from installing it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

In the ad he says it is screwed in presently.

It’s not a horrible bus. It seems more like a feeler ad. Seems like since last week there are some pretty decent deals. I guess a lot of folks did their taxes and are liquidating. Confused

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

the berg shifter is holding it down. lol
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
cru62 wrote:

I think the 19.5k is more in the ball park for the way it sits with the engine and trans

Even that’s generous for something so hacked up, and with floorboards just screwed in, and apparently a lowering job gone wrong.
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

AS350driver wrote:
chris henry wrote:
cru62 wrote:

Even that’s generous for something so hacked up, and with floorboards just screwed in, and apparently a lowering job gone wrong.

yes.. I was trying to be polite... that would be a pretty big ballpark. Laughing Laughing Laughing
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2167132
what is it with the rash of ads lately with out a price? when I see this type of thing I just keep on scrolling. I'm too old for games. I love it when it is accompanied by the famous " Don't waste my time' ... I thing when you put things like .. TBD, Offer, and YTM in the price spot you are just asking for people to waste your time. "If you don't have the cash don't bother" How do I know if I have the cash if you don't put a price? It's a cool bus and he seems very reasonable on his other ad so why not just cut to the case and put the number you have in mind?
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I just emailed owner w/following text:

Price = TBD
"If u ain't got the money don't bother."

I have the money.
Is it enough? Not sure if I should bother?

Do I want a reply? only if your price is right... otherwise, don't bother.
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
I just emailed owner w/following text:

Price = TBD
"If u ain't got the money don't bother."

I have the money.
Is it enough? Not sure if I should bother?

Do I want a reply? only if your price is right... otherwise, don't bother.

Outstanding, Evan! Well put.

Sellers' ads that lead to these sort of discussions are part of what I equate to a self-licking ice cream cone...existing only to keep themselves in existence - nothing more, nothing less.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Since I received a reply... he must think his price is right.
"100k as is"
"U put 15k more in it and u got a 200k+ car"
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
Since I received a reply... he must think his price is right.
"100k as is"
"U put 15k more in it and u got a 200k+ car"

Could you even do paint and interior for 15K?

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2363, 2364, 2365 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2364 of 2710

Jump to: