Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2377, 2378, 2379 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:

No seals between the bullet housings and nose panel (probably missing from headlights too)...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

With the fitment of emblems (even repops) being rather simple- the gaps under this one lead me to believe beneath pigeon blue lies a field of bondo.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Busstom wrote:

No seals between the bullet housings and nose panel (probably missing from headlights too)...

With the fitment of emblems (even repops) being rather simple- the gaps under this one lead me to believe beneath pigeon blue lies a field of bondo.

Good luck adjusting the headlights with those Type I buckets in there!
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

AlteWagen wrote:
hitest wrote:
Busstom wrote:

Are you talking about the adjusters' location, or are you seeing something that I'm not? That configuration, 5' and 7', is correct for the period up approx Dec '63 ('64 MY), I believe. Then again, I'm looking at this from my phone, so what makes them Type I?

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
This thread is getting a little stale, thought I'd throw these issues up here, just to name a few:

$38.7K https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2179195

brand new safari windows..the best from wolfgang int.

Bwahahahahahahahaha! Stop, my sides...
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

More on this one: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2179195

Any one else see the lower bench mount for a humpback seat? Looks like it's a fine blend of earlier and later. So far as I know, the humpback era did not begin until October '60...~70,000 vehicles after this one.

And is it me or is there no headlight switch? Either I'm descending further towards blindness, or someone was plugging holes like a couple of pervs at a rest area bathroom.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yes on the lower hump seat mount - that is strange.

It's really hard to see but I looked at the original larger ad photo and there's a normal hole there with no headlight switch:

The gas pedal is super high here, I hope you have excellent ankle flexibility:

A lot of Buses have pedals without full travel so a nice change?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
AlteWagen wrote:
hitest wrote:
Busstom wrote:

Are you talking about the adjusters' location, or are you seeing something that I'm not? That configuration, 5' and 7', is correct for the period up approx Dec '63 ('64 MY), I believe. Then again, I'm looking at this from my phone, so what makes them Type I?
The bulb is 90 degrees off from where it should be, which is a clear indicator of a bug bucket. The real difference is in the clamping ring behind the bulb. You can just bend the tabs and rotate the bulb to an upright position. You can also drill a drain hole in the bottom of the headlight ring if you want to totally turn a bug bucket into a bus bucket. If you put a bug bucket in a bus with the bulb in the stock bug location, the light pattern on the road is obviously way wrong. The builder of this bus does not have the skills necessary to put a bus on the road, and cannot fix their mistakes, even when it requires no extra parts, just a working knowledge of how to properly bodge bug parts onto a bus.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
AlteWagen wrote:
hitest wrote:
Busstom wrote:

The bulb is 90 degrees off from where it should be, which is a clear indicator of a bug bucket. The real difference is in the clamping ring behind the bulb. You can just bend the tabs and rotate the bulb to an upright position. You can also drill a drain hole in the bottom of the headlight ring if you want to totally turn a bug bucket into a bus bucket. If you put a bug bucket in a bus with the bulb in the stock bug location, the light pattern on the road is obviously way wrong. The builder of this bus does not have the skills necessary to put a bus on the road, and cannot fix their mistakes, even when it requires no extra parts, just a working knowledge of how to properly bodge bug parts onto a bus.

Now that I'm on a desktop I can see the bulb orientation, etc., which I remedied on my DC years ago, until I replaced the headlight assemblies with period-correct (almost date-code exact) buckets. Hard to tell if these even have drain holes, which I doubt...another easy remedy to make a bug bucket into a more bus-correct setup...what about the running light bulb? Is that even installed, or am I [again] showing my need for a new prescription?

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2184924

I think he wrote Euro, but means Lira Wink
exotic plants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2184924

I think he wrote Euro, but means Lira Wink

Too damned funny! $7.81
Rear driver side fender.
Cash waiting.
------------------------------------------------------------
BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2179948

Um, no. The "near perfect" rattle can paint isn't even good.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BulletBus wrote:

Woah, that is close to or at NOS Deluxe visor territory

I bought one nicer than that and in original paint for $5 recently. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zvonimir1985
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Hey guys!

Where can I buy A pillars for 67 bus? Cant really find them....only for about 400$ each.

Is there a way for get it cheaper?

Thanks!
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
BulletBus wrote:

This is odd because this seller is usually fair on his prices and delivers excellent service...At least every time I have delt with him anyway.. sure missed the mark on this one
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
EverettB wrote:
BulletBus wrote:

This is odd because this seller is usually fair on his prices and delivers excellent service...At least every time I have delt with him anyway.. sure missed the mark on this one

Agree.

I took a look at other ones for sale just in case there were no "reasonable" ones right now but there are several for much, much less.
BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
chris henry wrote:
EverettB wrote:
BulletBus wrote:

Agree.

I took a look at other ones for sale just in case there were no "reasonable" ones right now but there are several for much, much less.

Found one for 40 and modified it to fit my BD. But that's the cheapest I've seen. 5 bucks goes in the good deals thread!
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

this is ridiculous, and if someone actually pays anywhere near this, I feel bad for you...well maybe I don't cause its your own fault

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2186072

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

sled wrote:
this is ridiculous, and if someone actually pays anywhere near this, I feel bad for you...well maybe I don't cause its your own fault

Recording the price here for reference - $4000

Awesome part that could complete someone's original Bus but at that price...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

NOS visors seen on eBay last week

These went for more than I thought.
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
sled wrote:

Recording the price here for reference - $4000

Awesome part that could complete someone's original Bus but at that price...

Original paint?
I can see the red over spray on the splash pans (which are supposed to be black).
Old paint, yes.
Original, not 100%.

That being said, if I had a patina bus that needed a bumper to match, I'd start negotiating, but good thing I don't need it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2377, 2378, 2379 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2378 of 2710

Jump to: