Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2383, 2384, 2385 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

obus wrote:
not a true whine but why does it say 21 window and also say 13 window in the body of the ad??? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2191742

Keyword spamming gone wrong?
After what looks like a whole lotta down low rust repair work does it still qualify as a "survivor"?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
obus wrote:
not a true whine but why does it say 21 window and also say 13 window in the body of the ad??? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2191742

Because it’s an original 13 window hacked to be a 21 window.

If it was a hacked 13 to 21 it would have a 130 Mcode.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

norcalmike wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
obus wrote:

right. Thats why i am confused
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

obus wrote:

Based on the text of the rest of the ad, I believe it's a typo.

I emailed him earlier today about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

norcalmike wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
obus wrote:

Good point. I missed the m-code.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
norcalmike wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
obus wrote:

Good point. I missed the m-code.

Yes, based on the M-code plate it does look like a genuine 21 window bus, delivered new to UH, believe that is Houston.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Note routing of fresh air tubes. I don't understand it.

mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:

that is what is called "fresh air" heat...

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
obus wrote:

Keyword spamming gone wrong?
After what looks like a whole lotta down low rust repair work does it still qualify as a "survivor"?

That's my only beef with the ad. Now add "survivor" to the long list of completely abused and ignorantly used terms.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
rustybus
Shasta Snow Trip Newt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

obus wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Super confusing.

www.rustybus.com www.shastasnowtrip.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

rustybus wrote:
obus wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Super confusing.

I cant get passed the stay puff seats.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
Clara wrote:

that is what is called "fresh air" heat...

Well, the fresh air from the hoses isn't cooling the exhaust/ heads, nor is it actually blowing heat up front. It just blows out below the tin.
While you do have some cooling from the fan shroud over the cylinders, this loses a bunch of the fresh air that should cool the motor.
If this passed the mechanic on a rebuildt engine, I would suspect the mechanicals.

And why use a fan shroud that had to be repaired where the coil mounting inserts pulled out? When you are dressing a rebuild motor it's easy to swap in a good one.

Not that any of this matters in selling a car, evidently.
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2192706

Is this too puffy and the stitching too white to be original? If it were og to a 1960 it would be grey. I was thinking if anything it would be '58 curved back but it just doesn't look right... oh and neither does the price.

Edit: I see the foam poking out underneath now. Mystery solved.

Last edited by earlywesty on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
western auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

also not rite for humpback buses 62-63
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

"It is an excellent car for full restoration" Laughing What else is there at this point?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2173333
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

western auto wrote:
also not rite for humpback buses 61-63

FIFY

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
western auto wrote:
also not rite for humpback buses 61-62

FIFY

And fixed it for you too haha. More specifically: from Chassis #673 616 (early '61 MY) to 971 549 (end of '62 MY), well, according to one of the references.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Also, and maybe its me, BUT did they grind the cooling fins off the case?

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

Also, and maybe its me, BUT did they grind the cooling fins off the case?

I thought the same thing. Those are the often missing sled tins.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
curbo wrote:
Yes I was making an opening offer and that was his response which was not appreciated

That bus used to belong to my buddy Howard in Apple Valley, Ca. Contrary to what it says in the ad, back in 1993 / 1994 he and my friend Matt Marino painted it those funky ass colors in Matts dads back yard out in Hesperia. In the high desert it was known as the Ninja Turtle Bus. It was a really clean solid bus back then but of course as kids in the early 90's I don't think he cared about OG paint as if this was any better. I was just shocked it still around and in So Cal.

I thought the bus looked familiar but couldn't remember if it was a pressed bumper bus or not. Man that was so many years ago. Still looks to be in good condition.
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Factory-attached tent from the factory tent attaching factory Reply with quote

This might be my first whine other than chiming in.
This a nice SO 42 from appearances and I hope the seller gets every penny he asks. I am glad to see that I also have the holy grail of all VW campers.
The tent probably didn’t come attached from the factory nor can it be attached today because there is no rail for the boot.
I cannot determine if it is an early or late ‘67 because the photos show only two sides of the bus, but the dash does not deserve that plastic-bezeled radio from a bay, and I’m curious to know if someone hacked an early ‘67 radio hole to fit it, or if it hides an earlier alteration.
Can those be the original black plates? JAH### seems too early in the alphabet to be for a ‘67, cool if you’re a Rastaman, though.
Are walk-through SO 42s “very rare”? I see more of them than the bench-seated ones.
Adjectives can make statements inaccurate, add an adverb to it and it could be twice as bad. I do desire that my bus were velvet green, but I do not pant for it.
I won’t target my ad to buyers who need to be taught what is rare and desirable.
When I write my ad I will ask Clara to proofread it for me. I hope that I have the nads to ask 60K and post it here.

Quote:
1967 VW WESTFALIA CAMPER BUS Pop-Top (Velvet Green) OG
For Sale is The Holy Grail of All VW Campers:

Presented here is a '67 Westfalia Kombi Pop-Top Bus in Excellent Condition!

*Original Color of Highly Desirable Velvet Green.
*Original Westfalia Interior in Excellent Condition.
*Walkthrough Cab (SO-42 Walkthrough / Very Rare)
*Upgraded Dual Port Motor.
*New Radial Tires.
*Excellent Paint on a No Rust Body.
*Includes Factory Attached Tent, Child's Cot, Roof Rack & Ladder!
*12 Volt Electrical System.
*Factory Ice Box.
*Original YOM PLATES (JAH ***)
*Includes Certificate of Authenticity from VW AutoMuseum.
*Old Orange Plaza Car Show (CA) / Police Department Choice Award Winner 2016

Serious Buyers & Offers only Please!
This Summer Beauty is Ready to Hit The Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion)!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2193838
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2383, 2384, 2385 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2384 of 2710

Jump to: