Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2636, 2637, 2638 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I'm curious, having never attempted or considered it, are the heat risers interchangeable? Could that be the only piece that has been replaced?
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2472605
Nice dog legs. shades of bay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:

Those headlight buckets are shades of Brazil.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

FarmerBill wrote:
chris henry wrote:

This Bus look like a bondo nightmare to me, among other things

At first I was like what's up with the heater tube up front?!?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I realized the carpet is covering the bottom portion
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

FarmerBill wrote:
chris henry wrote:

did they ever make Brazillian buses with a slider door?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:

I知 not sure on that, they did do some crazy bay/split hybrids in Brazil. I do believe, and someone correct me if I知 wrong, that the two oval shaped indentations on the back of the headlight buckets are unique to Brazilian buses. This bus looks to have been put together with whatever parts were on hand, no telling what it started life as.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

FarmerBill wrote:
chris henry wrote:

I知 not sure on that, they did do some crazy bay/split hybrids in Brazil. I do believe, and someone correct me if I知 wrong, that the two oval shaped indentations on the back of the headlight buckets are unique to Brazilian buses. This bus looks to have been put together with whatever parts were on hand, no telling what it started life as.

Look closely at the engine lid. Looks like a mix of Brazilian lid with an eyebrow added to it. The eyebrow should be closer to the upper edge. Also a 63 and older t handle on the upper rear hatch. Very odd combo of parts to try and fake this thing. A huge swing and mis...
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lots of Brazilian touches, like no heat vents under the dash. It does have the 1967 only dashboard. I知 pretty sure the Brazil buses never got that.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
FarmerBill wrote:
chris henry wrote:

Look closely at the engine lid. Looks like a mix of Brazilian lid with an eyebrow added to it. The eyebrow should be closer to the upper edge. Also a 63 and older t handle on the upper rear hatch. Very odd combo of parts to try and fake this thing. A huge swing and mis...

It looks like it has a big circle under the hatch handle too, like they cobbled things together there?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

It would also be the first deluxe I've seen with no pop outs! Shocked
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
FarmerBill wrote:
chris henry wrote:

It looks like a German bus to me that was just thrown together with whatever cheap parts then could find. Brazilian split window buses never came with a sliding door and the Brazilian split buses all came with a narrow rear hatch. My guess is that this bus started life as a German built sliding door panel or maybe kombi and was converted to a 21 window bus and cobbled together with the least expensive parts they could find.
Old Paint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/vancouver-1961-vw-bus-project-in-pieces/7321639210.html

One of those rare SO-24 Flipseats that I can convert into a 23 window. He says he has all the pieces, but won't send more pics. All can be yours for a mere $20k. Whats with people selling dreams for top dollar instead of finished products?

1961 Ragtop
1961 Single Cab (Old Paint)
a smith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Old Paint wrote:
https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/vancouver-1961-vw-bus-project-in-pieces/7321639210.html

One of those rare SO-24 Flipseats that I can convert into a 23 window. He says he has all the pieces, but won't send more pics. All can be yours for a mere $20k. Whats with people selling dreams for top dollar instead of finished products?

Holy shit look at how bent the dash is!!!! No mention in the ad of that........ Assuming this bus is build able wouldn't it have been a far better investment as a SO-24 vs a fake 23 window??
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

a smith wrote:
Old Paint wrote:

Holy shit look at how bent the dash is!!!! No mention in the ad of that........ Assuming this bus is build able wouldn't it have been a far better investment as a SO-24 vs a fake 23 window??

Certainly crunched in the front a bit. Dang. So two pictures of little bits of the bus, and then two random pictures of the crap in the garage? And then people wonder why their crap doesn't sell. I'd take the SO-24 all day, 23s don't interest me much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Cheap (somewhat) Brazilian listed in the wrong section:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2473204
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

teahead wrote:

Comes out to $37k USD

$37k USD is about $22k too much for a brazilian. I will admit that one looks pretty straight forward, but then again so do many others that have turned out to be the complete opposite.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

teahead wrote:

Admin note: This ad was removed as a duplicate ad/repost.
The user already had an ad running:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2471076
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
a smith wrote:
Old Paint wrote:

Certainly crunched in the front a bit. Dang. So two pictures of little bits of the bus, and then two random pictures of the crap in the garage? And then people wonder why their crap doesn't sell. I'd take the SO-24 all day, 23s don't interest me much.

That dash is just real funky shaped on the left there.
However, the pic does show a SWR dash pointy pod fat tray bus with happich grab handle, twinsies to my April 18 SO-34. Maybe they meant so-34 not so-24?

one of the garage pics shows as samba roof clip.

If I was living in Oly I would still want more pics before driving an hour and a half to see it. I might want to look anyway, I but I don't see $19K + there. Maybe it's better in person?
Old Paint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
a smith wrote:
Old Paint wrote:

However, the pic does show a SWR dash pointy pod fat tray bus with happich grab handle, twinsies to my April 18 SO-34. Maybe they meant so-34 not so-24?

If I was living in Oly I would still want more pics before driving an hour and a half to see it. I might want to look anyway, I but I don't see $19K + there. Maybe it's better in person?

Clara, It's in my backyard, if you want more, I'd be willing to go check it out. But at $19k is there any middle ground? Let me know.

1961 Ragtop
1961 Single Cab (Old Paint)
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Old Paint wrote:
Clara wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
a smith wrote:
Old Paint wrote:

Clara, It's in my backyard, if you want more, I'd be willing to go check it out. But at $19k is there any middle ground? Let me know.

Dude, I'm just not that interested at 19K. If I was where you are I would go out just out of curiosity.
I'm thinking that other roof pic might be camper cabinets???
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2636, 2637, 2638 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2637 of 2710

Jump to: