Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

lemke - [email protected] - John Lemke Floor Mats
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: lemke
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 17, 2019
kevbec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: lemke - [email protected] - John Lemke Floor Mats Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about this seller or the quality of his floor mats? I am interested in buying a set, but am worried about the lead time (4-6 weeks).

KB
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't go wrong. John's floormats are great quality and detail that the most discriminating restorer is proud to display in his car.

Buy from John with confidence.
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of his sets back in '99, they were great quality. Probably even better now.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: john lemke floor mats Reply with quote

Had him do a set for my friends 58 (in gray not black) , they are perfect (color , patern , texture) , highly recomended ! TROY
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
kevbec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot everyone.

I'll definately get a set from him.

KB
mikewarner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Ghia Mats from John Lemke Reply with quote

Just wanted to update everyone on my previous post:

[i]Hi Eveyone,

I just wanted to touch base with anyone who has ordered the Ghia mats from John Lemke in the last three months or so. Has anyone out there received an order from John lately?

I ordered and paid for mine on June 10th. The delivery time is supposed to be 4 to 6 weeks. After a few months I emailed several times - no response and I called him about 3 or 4 weeks ago - he was very sincerely apologetic and said he was behind and my mats would be the first ones he would send out. As of today (Sept 24th) still no response - I have left emails and voice messages.

I have heard nothing but good things about John and the mats and I am really hoping this is just an unusual case. I really want the mats and there is no comparison to any other product out there - his are the best.

Anyway - I just wanted some feedback from anyone else who has dealt with him recently - I hope to receive the mats soon.

This ended up just being a shipping problem that was resolved. I received the mats today and I must say I am very impressed with the quality.

Thanks John - keep up the good work!
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat. I have sent numerous emails and have called. I have yet to receive a reply. Im pissed! Its been two months and you think you would get some common courtesy with atleast an email. He might have a great product, but currently lacking in business sense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John seems to be MIA. There's a post in the Ghia forum asking about him.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=197272

I met John and hung out with him at the VW Classic. He's an honest guy and something must of come up in his personal life to cause him to drop out of site.

For those who have sent him money, i'm sure he'll resolve all issues when he returns. For those looking to purchase his mats, check back to this and the other topic for his return.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a phone call from his book keeper. She stated that John has been overloaded at his regular job and working six days a week. He only works on the mats on the weekends. This is why he hasnt returned calls and he supposedly trying to get back on top of things.
Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im exactly in the same boat, ordered and paid for my mats in July, despite numerous e-mails, phone calls and messages left still no mats, to be frank if you're in any kind of business customers come first, it costs nothing to be courteous and reply to an e-mail, even if there is a problem it would be nice to know whats going on, I know the whole VW scene can be a pretty laid back affair but business is business and paying customers pay the bills!!!!
lemke
Samba Troll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to apologize; I have been overwhelmed by the number of orders that I have received.

The orders will go out, or I can refund.

It takes awhile to make parts from scratch.

Anyone can call me. My phone number is on my site: johnlemke.com
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John's mats are worth the wait as far as I'm concerned. Great product.
Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: John Lemke Mats Reply with quote

Received my mats from John last week have to say they are absolutely fantastic quality, worth every penny. John is a very genuine guy, highly recommended.
btrghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: John Lemke Mats Reply with quote

Airhead wrote:
Received my mats from John last week have to say they are absolutely fantastic quality, worth every penny. John is a very genuine guy, highly recommended.

How long did you have to wait? I have been waiting for a while now(over three months). I emailed him again today, well see.
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received mine in about three months. They are great quality. He does them in his spare time and does have a full time job. I was getting quite frustrated there for awhile. They will come and you'll be happy.
btrghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if he replyed to emails. He just leaves you hanging in the dark. I Paid August 19. still nothing.
Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: John Lemke Mats Reply with quote

I was waiting about 5 months I too was very frustrated all that I can say is they are worth the wait!!
btrghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do not mind the wait, but when I am told that It will take 4 weeks to make them and that goes by and I have nothing AND I can not get a hold of the guy that is what pisses me off. I know that they are nice mats that is why I bought them. I would just like to hear from him. I guess my next move is to start calling Lemke, and to let Everett know.
70 140
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btrghia wrote:
I really do not mind the wait, but when I am told that It will take 4 weeks to make them and that goes by and I have nothing AND I can not get a hold of the guy that is what pisses me off. I know that they are nice mats that is why I bought them. I would just like to hear from him. I guess my next move is to start calling Lemke, and to let Everett know.

By now you know its going to take a while. And no one here has been scammed by Lemke...

So what's with the threats? Lemke himself posted several replies ago that anyone is welcome to call him - his number posted on his site. He also stated he will refund money. Did you call him yet or are you still being to cheap to pay for the phone call? Shit, I will paypal you money to buy a phone card if it will make you shut up - between here and the ghia forum you have beat this to death. Call and ask for a refund already! And whats with the Everett comment? Are you going to tell him you don't have command over operating a telephone?

Not everyone uses email - sometime you have to do things the old fashioned way...
btrghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done everthing through the samba or email and would rather keep it that way. I do not think it is out of line for me to post about a gripe that I have with some one selling something on here. Again I paid August 19 and have emailed a few times with no reply.

And as for no one here getting scammed by lemke.There is a first time for everything. I hope not I met him at the last classic and he seemed like a alright guy and I do not think those are his intentions. He just may be in over his head or family/ life issues I do not know. I am just looking for a reply.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: