Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Favorite album of the day
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 189, 190, 191  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Link

Link

Link

&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"America America is killing its youth."

Couldn't help but notice that lately.
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Throwing Muses - The Real Ramona

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Really into Jesse Dayton lately.

Link

My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

an oldie (for me)

Green Day's Dookie

Link

&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Link
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Link

Patti Smith - Dream of Life
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Link

Sonic rules OK.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

&Dan wrote:

Link

Sonic rules OK.

I really need to get that one out of the pile and put it it in shop rotation.

Kick out the jams, motherfucker!
ToolBox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

&Dan wrote:

Link

Sonic rules OK.

I went to Jr High and High School with Rob Tyners son and met him a bunch of times. Also got to see the remaining 4 play at the Tyner memorial concert.
oc92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Come on, page 138 deserves a reference to Misfits Evil Live... top ten punk concert recordings. We are 138 (this is not a good thing).

72 bus
70 bug
96 mx5
a.wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Lately been out of listening to loud rock bands for the past couple of months. Mostly been playing old throw-back American music.
50's rock, Doo wop, rockabilly, some country and religion based tunes.

Link

Link

Link

oemwolf
a.wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Link

Link

Link

oemwolf
ToolBox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Link
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Not a particular album, but I kinda like his style. And country really ain't my thing.

This performance is good fun.

Link

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

This. Goddammit! Loud, and multiple times this!

Link

Sometime in the early summer of 1992, my high school buddy Chris came back to our small town in Minnesota on leave from the Navy. He was stationed in Bremerton, WA, and was enjoying the fruits of his deployment in the Seattle area. He brought me a tape with Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger on one side, and a compilation of a few others on the B-side. We cruised in my 67 bug, and his 85 lifted Ranger and cranked the tunes. I had not heard anything like it, and have been into Soundgarden from that day.

shit.
ToolBox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Turnstile - Time and Space

Link
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Link

The title cut is just a monster groove, with the great Jack Bruce slithering bass like a brontosaurus on Quaaludes and Panama Red.

On a 1974 tear the last few days. Wanted to post up Roxy Music Country Life, also released in '74, but it's off YouTube.

Link

Here Come The Warm Jets was also released early in '74 but I keep coming back to Tiger Mountain. It's just so great.

Link

"ME 262". Enough said. Well, "Cagey Cretins" too. Fuggit, all of it.
Much straight-up proto-punk.

Link

Oh goodness, this is just magnificent. Kimono My House is crucial. Propaganda came out late in '74 also.

Link

Big, dumb and Canadian. Also, pretty terrific. Every jacked-up Nova and Charger had "Let It Roll" cranking out the Sparkomatics back in SoDak that summer.
I got this for my 13th birthday in '74. BTO is/was kinda oaf-rock, but here it is, deal with it.

Ach! The Sebbendies. Don't get me started.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite album of the day Reply with quote

Stopped at the local dump on my home from the job site last Friday. Free pile was good to me with a matching Sony receiver and CD player, with all cords and remotes. My shop stereo has been dying for awhile, so this was worth a try. If they didn't work, I was still in the same boat. If they did, I was good for another five years, as that seems to be about how long stereo equipment lasts in that crappy shop environment.

Well, they both work excellent. I ran new thick wire to a damn heavy and old pair of Sansui speakers, and popped in this CD for the initial test run. Good stuff!

Link

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 189, 190, 191  Next
Jump to:
Page 138 of 191

Jump to: