Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

light question
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: light question Reply with quote

ok question.....

so when i turn on the parking lights in my converted to 12 volt bus the dash light and the gas light turn on, but the parking lights in the headlights don't turn on, but if i touch the knob and twist is all the way to the right the parking lights turn on.

next thing....when i pull the knob all the way out the dash lights go out and all the lights work on the out side and everything and the only thing that doesn't light up is the dash lights. the only way i can get them to work is if i hold the knob all the way to the right like before the dash lights light up and the parking lights turn on.

so what's the deal?? any help? anyone know what i'm talking about?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dewayne Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like someone wired your switch wrong... Get a wiring diagram and double check where your wires need to be.

Drive 'em if ya got 'em, and don't brag if you didn't do the work yourself...

'64 SO34
'60 SO23
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OG Velvet
Samba Family Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you are wired exactly backwards.
'65 Honda Dream
coolerthanelvis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your dash lights and your parking light wires are reversed. Do your parking lights dim as you twist the knob? The grey parking light wires should be on terminal 57, from the seat, looking at the knob, it'll be the wire on the back at the 1 o'clock position that sticks out at an angle. The grey/red wire for the dash lights goes on 58b, the terminal that's riveted at the 12 o'clock position, comes straight out of the switch then is bent 90 degrees toward the speedo. Or you could just take the switch out and look at the terminal numbers. Wink
SV2s member #420
'68 Westy

"Do or do not, there is no try."
-Silent Bob
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: