Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rebuilt Transmissions from Quality German Auto Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right DSF you suggested it and I took you up on it good suggestion
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:

pickupguy wrote:
YellowSplittie wrote:
Perhaps you should try talking to Rancho then. In my mind, THEY ARE a reputable company. They may show more concern.

I will do that

Actually, it was me. I'm glad you accepted some of my advice.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:
pickupguy wrote:

pickupguy wrote:
YellowSplittie wrote:
Perhaps you should try talking to Rancho then. In my mind, THEY ARE a reputable company. They may show more concern.

I will do that

Actually, it was me. I'm glad you accepted some of my advice.

Thanks see I hoped it would work out in the end it was a good viable solution
OTO X58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:
I swear, talking to you is like trying to get the real story out of 10-year-old. Things keep changing, denials are made, details are held back.

Laughing

it's funny because it's true!

RIP HBB 10.10.84 - 12.25.09
1958 Ragtop Bug Build - Subaru Swap!
1957 Gazelle Beige Ghia FOR SALE
1957 Dove Blue Kombi field find
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I wanted them to do was replace the transmisson before I pulled the old one out. I didn't care how they did it. I just didn't want to pull the bad one out remove and replace the bellhousing, remember my old trans is a 002 the new one is a 091, and the transmission seal. Reinstall my old trans. Send it back wait 3 to 4 weeks pull my trans out again switch bell housings and seals again and reinstall the 091.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest update they (QGAP) still refuse to send me an invoice
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the reply I got from QGAP when I asked for a copy of my invoice since I never got an original from them

----- Original Message -----
To: ""Kerry Hoffman"" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 4:04 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: (no subject)

> it is not our problem that you lost the copy, however when we have the time we will send you the copy
>
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:32 AM

> we gave your invoice already 2 times to your cc as requestet. just get
> from them
>
>Valerie
vwmotors
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello this is Valerie from Quality German Auto parts we still have yet to get the supposed bad trans 091 Bus Trans , this guy just keeps going on and on. We wanted the trans back immediately he would not send it and still has not. He issued a call back on his credit card and claims he did not I have supplied proof and will to any one who wants it 800-817-5540 the trans was built by Rancho who have done our transmissions for 24 years. Yes things happen. We were willing to give the guy his money back I just wanted my 091 trans back. I issued a call tag for the bad trans. You know what he did he sent his 002 trans CORE BACK WITH MY CALL TAG, which is worth way less and wants reimbursement for that. the guy has driven me up the wall. It is sad that someone would go through such great lenghts to bad mouth someone when we have done everything to try to please this guy. He even went behind our back to Rancho to try to get a trans sent to him and keep the money from the credit request. what a scammer. Oh yeah let me remind you that we did not even charge this guy the full 500.00 core on the trans we charged 300.00 and said we would take his 002 trans as the exchange. Thomas does not do that we loose money that way but we wanted to help the guy. I e-mailed the guy on Sunday my day off and told him okay post my e-mail and let everyone see it. Has he done it NO. This guy is just wasting everyones time. I have been in business 27 years. We have our fair share of mistakes and returns, etc. we are human. BUT I STAND BY MY WARRANTY AND WAS WILLING TO DO IT IN THIS CASE. I STILL HAVE NO TRANS. I EVEN WONDER NOW IF IT IS BAD AT ALL. I HAVE A TON OF E-MAILS AND OUR RESPONSES READY TO FAX OR E-MAIL FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS THE WHOLE STORY. HE SURE LEAVES OUT ALL THE FACTS.

VALERIE 800-817-5540 A FREE CALL ALSO THE GUY HAS NEVER ONCE CALLED OUR ESTABLISHMENT TO DISCUSS THIS EVER, NOT EVEN WHEN THE TRANS SUPPOSEDLY WENT BAD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
vwmotors
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello this is Valerie from Quality German Auto parts we still have yet to get the supposed bad trans 091 Bus Trans , this guy just keeps going on and on. We wanted the trans back immediately he would not send it and still has not. He issued a call back on his credit card and claims he did not I have supplied proof and will to any one who wants it 800-817-5540 the trans was built by Rancho who have done our transmissions for 24 years. Yes things happen. We were willing to give the guy his money back I just wanted my 091 trans back. I issued a call tag for the bad trans. You know what he did he sent his 002 trans CORE BACK WITH MY CALL TAG, which is worth way less and wants reimbursement for that. the guy has driven me up the wall. It is sad that someone would go through such great lenghts to bad mouth someone when we have done everything to try to please this guy. He even went behind our back to Rancho to try to get a trans sent to him and keep the money from the credit request. what a scammer. Oh yeah let me remind you that we did not even charge this guy the full 500.00 core on the trans we charged 300.00 and said we would take his 002 trans as the exchange. Thomas does not do that we loose money that way but we wanted to help the guy. I e-mailed the guy on Sunday my day off and told him okay post my e-mail and let everyone see it. Has he done it NO. This guy is just wasting everyones time. I have been in business 27 years. We have our fair share of mistakes and returns, etc. we are human. BUT I STAND BY MY WARRANTY AND WAS WILLING TO DO IT IN THIS CASE. I STILL HAVE NO TRANS. I EVEN WONDER NOW IF IT IS BAD AT ALL. I HAVE A TON OF E-MAILS AND OUR RESPONSES READY TO FAX OR E-MAIL FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS THE WHOLE STORY. HE SURE LEAVES OUT ALL THE FACTS.

VALERIE 800-817-5540 A FREE CALL ALSO THE GUY HAS NEVER ONCE CALLED OUR ESTABLISHMENT TO DISCUSS THIS EVER, NOT EVEN WHEN THE TRANS SUPPOSEDLY WENT BAD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
vwmotors
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy only informs you of what he wants to. Believe me I want this over to. I WANTED IT OVER THE DAY he contacted me and I tried that, That e-mail is viewable on the 2nd page I believe if not call me I will supply all the info on this mess from the first day to now. Here I am again after hours, off the clock defending our co. and because I do not have all day to sit in front of the computer he gets his pages and pages in and he forgets to attach the facts. I am still trying to get our supposed bad trans back. hec all the time he has spent on the computer the trans could have been here. It is guys like this who make us weary and have to keep a policy regarding exchanges. You never know when someone is just trying to scam. Again if you want ALL the correspondence including a copy of the chargeback issued. I will send it, mail it, or fax it whatever. Keeping my 091 trans and his money that is just wrong. Kerry remember you reap what you sow and your dishonesty in this whole mess I hope catches up with you.

Valerie / Quality German Auto Parts
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been no chargeback here is e-mail from my CC all I want is a copy of my invoice and a copy of the one from Rancho.
Dear Kerry Hoffman,

This is in reference to your billing dispute in the amount of $1,325.00
from QUALITY GERMAN AUTO PA.

After carefully reviewing your dispute, we regret to inform you we are unable
to assist you with this matter. We realize that your dispute is with the
quality of the over all services. Please note unfortunately, since the fact
that the services were rendered to you, and also merchant is still ready to
assist you regarding this matter prevents us from filing a dispute against the
merchant.

Unfortunately, we have no recourse to pursue your dispute. Please contact the
merchant directly regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
Manisha
HBIXTX
GM Card Services Customer Care
Billing Dispute Department
4509-30JAN06
So I do not have your money you better be sure what you say. You refuse to send me a copy of the invoice. So you better check and see what is really going on. The dispute has been denied over 2 weeks ago why should I send you my trans when you already have my old trans back. Sorry you are off the clock if you would send my invoice I wouldn't have to keep bothering you for it. I have asked you to fax the invoice for over a week now and the response is when I get time. You are the one who refuses to accept any blame with the transmission But you charged me 900.00 for the trans not 595.00 as advertised because you knew I had a 002 to return. I paid 1325.00 for the 091 less the 225 you refunded for the 002 so that figgures out to be 1100.00 for the 091 including shipping not the advertised 595.00

Last edited by pickupguy on Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So before our resident I know it all says how come the 2 denials are different it was denied and I asked them to reconsider and received the denial posted above. Now as for the pot calling the kettle black. You charged me 125.00 for shipping. According to the UPS web site the cost to send a 100 lb package approx 12x12x30 to Texas zip code 75773 was under 60.00 and from Texas to California was a little bit cheaper. So you over charged me there. here is an e-mail from Thomas acknowledging that I was going to return the 002 not the 091

To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: (no subject)

In a message dated 2/7/2006 3:45:41 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
well I guess I can send you the 002 back and get my 300.00 back is that OK

Kerry
sure, so you want to keep my 091 ?? what about the chargeback ?
Thomas

He knew that the 002 was comming back. I told him then there was no charge back and there still isn't a charge back. IT HAS BEEN DENIED TWICE

You overcharged me for the 091 you overcharged me shipping , under refunded me for the core and you still refuse to send me a copy of my invoice. Valerie...why won't you send me a copy of my invoice? Tell everyone here why or should I just post your e-mail

You never sent me a copy all there was in the box was a tag that said Q-6-P
Special Order Short input Shaft

Fax me my invoice
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 4:04 AM

> it is not our problem that you lost the copy, however when we have the
time we will send you the copy

You have the time after hours to bash me but you can't fax me the invoice

I don't understand that. I would think it would be easier to refund me for the overcharge on the shipping and fax me a copy of the invoices and put this to bed.

I guess you just like all the pubicity

Here is your reply when I asked about the trans on Feb 11

Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Fw:

do you have acopy of invoice showing that??
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: Fw:

we got the trans in June or July of 2005 from rancho

I have been asking for proof of that for 3 weeks now

You just seem to ignore my requests for a copy of the invoices why?
Tell us why you refuse to send me a copy of the invoices?

pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is from your web site price list

60/earlier 6 V Split Case Swing (with reduction Boxes) $ 899.00
$ 300.00

61- 66 6 V Swing Bus (without reduction Boxes) $ 379.00
$ 300.00

67 only 12 V Sing Bus (without Reduction Boxes) $ 379.00
$ 300.00

68 - 70 IRS Bus (Early Style T/O Fork)
$ 549.00

$ 300.00

71 only IRS Bus (Late Style T/O Fork & no Hangers)
$ 549.00
$ 300.00

72 - 75 IRS Bus (Late Style T/O Fork w/Hangers)
$ 549.00

$ 300.00

76 - 79 IRS Bus ( 091 Bell Housing)
$ 649.00

$ 500.00

80 - 82 IRS Bus (Air cooled Vanagon)
$ 649.00

$ 500.00

what you sent me is a 1975 Type II transmission that shows a price of 549.00 and a core of 300.00 explain that Valerie. Why did I pay 900.00 plus a core charge of 300.00????? Even if it was a 76 or later the price is still 649.00 These price came from your web site
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwmotors wrote:
This guy only informs you of what he wants to. Believe me I want this over to. I WANTED IT OVER THE DAY he contacted me and I tried that, That e-mail is viewable on the 2nd page I believe if not call me I will supply all the info on this mess from the first day to now. Here I am again after hours, off the clock defending our co. and because I do not have all day to sit in front of the computer he gets his pages and pages in and he forgets to attach the facts. I am still trying to get our supposed bad trans back. hec all the time he has spent on the computer the trans could have been here. It is guys like this who make us weary and have to keep a policy regarding exchanges. You never know when someone is just trying to scam. Again if you want ALL the correspondence including a copy of the chargeback issued. I will send it, mail it, or fax it whatever. Keeping my 091 trans and his money that is just wrong. Kerry remember you reap what you sow and your dishonesty in this whole mess I hope catches up with you.

you will fax invoice and stuff to everyone/anyone who wants it? I want a copy of invoices. And yes I did go to Rancho because they will stand behind there product as was suggested in this forum Sure the trans could have come back to you but it didn't/won't and I forwarded the 2 e-mails from my CC people so you also know that there has been no charge back. Valerie why did I pay 900.00 for the trans???
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was explained to you back in Page 2. Here's a refresher:
bljones wrote:
pickupguy wrote:
Has anybody had any dealings with these people Quality German Auto Parts? I purchased a rebuilt transmission from then for my type II. It was an 091. They wanted 900.00 for it and when I got the transmission and had it installed the whine in 3rd and 4th gear is terrible.

On their website they list rebuilt 091s for $649 plus $500 core charge.

pickupguy wrote:
What I have been told by my VW mechanic is that the gears are mis-matched and that is what is causing the whining sound. It shouldn't matter if they aren't stock gears they should be matched and should work correctly. it shouldn't whine.

Ah, now i understand the cost discrepancy. this wasn't a stock rebuild, you had some custom work done. why the difference betwen your claimed core charge and their advertised core charge though?

pickupguy wrote:
It wasn't a lemon, it wasn't rebuilt. Why should I pay over 700.00 in labor because the vendor used old parts and sold it as a newly rebuilt transmission, knowing that gear that are sold in a machined set wern't used.
Okay, now I am confused again. Was it rebuilt or wasn't it? if it wasn't rebuilt how did it get the custom gearset installed?

i am not a friend of the vendor, never done business with them, just an observer who has read this thread. Reading the posts from the vendor and you, it appears that on the vendor's side:
a) the vendor has been willing to replace the transmission.
b)the vendor is willing to offer a full refund on the purchase price, including return freight.
c) the vendor has offered to let you keep the transmission until you get another rebuilt locally, and then provide you a full purchase refund including return freight.

on the customer's side:
a) you threaten to cancel payment.
b) complain that they will not cover all costs.

You seem concerned with the 2-3 week downtime. i do not care what the local guy advertises or promises you, you are likely going to be facing similar downtime having it rebuilt locally.

I can understand you are unhappy. maybe it is time to take a deep breath, pick up the phone, call the vendor, and get this resolved.

YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
vwmotors wrote:

you will fax invoice and stuff to everyone/anyone who wants it? I want a copy of invoices. And yes I did go to Rancho because they will stand behind there product as was suggested in this forum Sure the trans could have come back to you but it didn't/won't and I forwarded the 2 e-mails from my CC people so you also know that there has been no charge back. Valerie why did I pay 900.00 for the trans???

If the info is posted on the website, why didn't you ask that BEFORE you purchased? Isn't it also possible that the custom modifications you had done to it could have driven up the price?
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSplittie wrote:

If the info is posted on the website, why didn't you ask that BEFORE you purchased? Isn't it also possible that the custom modifications you had done to it could have driven up the price?

Damn, that's been brought up time and time again. He had custom modifications performed on the transmission. Perhaps that's the reason why the vendor wanted the old one back, rather than shipping a new one as he kept demanding. There's not a vendor I am aware of will make allowances on special orders.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICY/Yellow Splitty
it turns out that I was stupid and never looked at the web site I just called them from there advert on Samba. I figgured that vendors who advertised here were legit. I had no idea if 900.00 was to much. The custom modifications wern't done at my request if you read the e-mail from Thomas the trans was built at Rancho in June or July of 2005, I purchased it in November of 2005. It was in stock at QGAP for 4 to 5 months before I called them. Thomas informed me that the gearing was special well as it turns out it is special to 1975 091 transmissions only. As it turns out none of the "modifications" if there were any were done at my request the trans was in stock and shipped the next day. True I didn't do my home work that I will admit but then why did they raise the price? Just to be greedy I guess
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: more info on trans Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
The only problem with returning the transmission is that it was built for me with a short shaft so I could use the old bell housing/starter and the 4th gear is a .82 with a 4.86 ring and pinion the third gear is also changed

Sounds CUSTOM to me. If they did have it in stock, they may have modified the shaft to your specs before shipping it.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the "short shaft"? Pickupguy made it sound as if this transmission was made to his specifications.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: