Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rebuilt Transmissions from Quality German Auto Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
Bruce:

The whine is only in 3rd and 4th gear not in first or second could it still be bearing and shouldn't that have been replaced during the fictious rebuild

Quit babbling about how much it is gonna cost you to re&re and re&re your gearbox, you've already whined about it half a dozen times.

It is your mainshaft ball bearing, which is adjacent to 4th gear. That's why it makes noise in 4th and 3rd. 1st and 2nd are at the other end of the shafts, that's why it doesn't make noise in those gears.

Many trans shops replace the mainshaft ball bearing on every rebuild. However, for some years, the only replacement you can get is made in China. IMO those bearings are junk. It could have been that they installed one of these junk Chinese bearings that is sloppy. I re-use German bearings that are in good shape.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cost and the time are the issues at this point so I will babble if I want I don't know anything about VW transmissions so your word is as good as my mechanics?
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, you are not going to get money to R&R the transmission, especially not twice. That is not in the terms of the warranty. Get past that and get on with your life.

We are all annoyed at your whining.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you all would read I am not asking for a refund on the R&R I stated that fact because all I want is for them to send me a trans before I pull it out then I will return the bad one once it is pulled saving me the money. I don't think I should have to do it 3 complete R&R's when it could be done in 2 if they would only honor the warranty and send me a trans. Do any of you have an extra $1,000.00 laying around you can afford to throw away? I sure don't
jberger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
if you all would read I am not asking for a refund on the R&R I stated that fact because all I want is for them to send me a trans before I pull it out then I will return the bad one once it is pulled saving me the money. I don't think I should have to do it 3 complete R&R's when it could be done in 2 if they would only honor the warranty and send me a trans. Do any of you have an extra $1,000.00 laying around you can afford to throw away? I sure don't

So you want them to build another custom (non stock) tranny for a single application, send it to you then take back your custom tranny?? The chances of them reselling that unit are slim..
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not going to give you another one until the first is sent back. They've said that, and that is standard procedure, especially on a big dollar item.

We know what you are saying, and it is getting OLD.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:

#1) It's been explained to you that a business doesn't work that way
#2) How the hell did you get around when you sent the trans for rebuilding the first time?
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a transmission in hand before you remove the defective one, work out a deal with them where you buy the replacement and then get a refund for the first when it is returned.

Last edited by YellowSplittie on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icy wrote:
pickupguy wrote:

#1) It's been explained to you that a business doesn't work that way
#2) How the hell did you get around when you sent the trans for rebuilding the first time?

He still has the original, he bought the rebuilt without a core. At least I think that's what he meant.
OTO X58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickup, you dipshit.

they're not going to send you another tranny if you don't send it back. that's how every shop in the country does it. how do they know if you're a liar or not? by inspecting the tranny. they can't do that if it's still in your bug.

fuck, quit god damn crying. that's life, if you don't like it, kill yourself.

RIP HBB 10.10.84 - 12.25.09
1958 Ragtop Bug Build - Subaru Swap!
1957 Gazelle Beige Ghia FOR SALE
1957 Dove Blue Kombi field find
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all dipshit it isn't a bug it is a DC pickup secondly I deal with 3 vendors Jaguar Heaven, Coventry West, and Jagbits.com and all have shipped me stuff before I returned a core or if a wrong body part was shipped, another was on the way immediately, so IT DOES WORK THAT WAY in some circles I guess not with VW people. I stated that it is my only means of transportation right now not in the past and not in the future just right now. He has my credit card number so if I didn't return it he could charge me for it. I have my original transmission and other than the fact that the bell housing was switched to the 091 as per Thomas because my 002 uses a different starter than the 091. I have tried to find a 091 but I live in East Texas and good luck on finding a VW let alone a 091 trans and rarer a 1975 091 trans. I contacted Thomas looking for a trans he said that he had a 091 IN STOCK (so they do keep them built that way) with a better gear ratio and it already had a short shaft installed all I would have to do is install my bellhousing from the 002. The transmission shipped next day so it didn't have to be A CUSTOM BUILD IT WAS IN STOCK. The reason for the 091 and the gearing the way it is I have a 2.4 litre Porsche MFI 911S 6 cyl engine to be installed as soon as the flywheel/clutch arrives from KEP and my other ride return from a bear metal spray job. This is why I am asking that the trans be sent before so it can all be done at once. I have had Jaguar Heaven send a complete Jaguar V12 engine to me before I returned the one they sent that had a dropped valve. No questions no problems it arrived in 3 days. AND THAT COSTS ALOT MORE THAN A 091 TRANSMISSION about 5 times what I paid Thomas. Maybe I am spoiled by the way Jaguar Vendor do business but anyone I deal with for Jaguar parts wouldn't hesitate to send me what I needed and the core/wrong body part/engine to be returned later.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are spoiled by the Jaguar world. Why anyone would pay countless dollars for a car that spends 286 days of the year in the repair bay is beyond me. That's why the Jag guys send you a new transmission. They know you're going to be a repeat customer, whereas in the VW world it's unusual for that to happen with a transmission.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Jags spend very little time in the shop....other than the XJS V12 TWR Sport Convertible I am restoring now 1 of 90 built, none of my jags have needed anything other than normal oil changes since I have owned them once they were restored.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICY for what it is worth the older Jaguars use a GM 400 transmission.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
my Jags spend very little time in the shop....other than the XJS V12 TWR Sport Convertible I am restoring now 1 of 90 built, none of my jags have needed anything other than normal oil changes since I have owned them once they were restored.

Can't you drive one of your Jags during the downtime on your bus?
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welsh jaguar's return policy:
http://www.welshent.com/ReturnPolicy.aspx

Moss motors' return policy:

http://www.mossmotors.com/CustomerService/OrderShipInfo.aspx

Coventry West's actual return policy:

http://www.coventrywest.com/how_to_order.htm

The jag world is certainly no better than the vw world when it comes to returns.

vwpickupguy, if you spent as much time and energy dealing with the vendor to resolve this issue as you have on here defending yourself, you would likely have the problem solved by now.
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUH Bl don't you think I thought of that

first it is a pickup not a bus and second believe me a Jag looks pretty stupid pulling a trailer they wern't ment for that. I am not defending myself I don't have to. I am not the one who sent a whining transmission and called it rebuilt.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here is the latest lets see what happens

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Fw: (no subject)

we pay the return shipping. we already issued the call tack for ups

Lets see if UPS picks it up
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused If you have a bunch of jag's as well as your vw, either your jag's don't run, or if they do you should send the trans back, and drive one of 'em while you're waiting for your part. Which is it?, the vw is your only car that you depend on, or you have a bunch of cars? Think either way, good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave:

if you read one of the previous posts I said

" first it is a pickup not a bus and second believe me a Jag looks pretty stupid pulling a trailer they wern't ment for that"

So no I can't hook up a trailer to my jag.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: