Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westy Delivery
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
firebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Westy Delivery Reply with quote

I have a possible buyer that would like me to deliver my Westy to him. He is about 825 miles away. He said he will pay my expenses. Have you guys ever delivered cars like that before? What happens if the car breaks down on the way? Is the seller just screwed, stranded, broke, and lost? Would the buyer be responsible for the car once the delivery has started? What are your thoughts on this?
'86 Westy w/ (18s)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sc-surfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you giving up a full time fire position to move away?? Wow! Are you not planning to settle where you are now? I only ask because I am a reserve FF now and know how hard it can be to get a full time position.
* * * Coming Soon: Washable seat covers for westy bench seat...keep the pets off the upholstery! * * *
firebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Giving up a full time firefighter job, but I'll try to get on with an other dept latter. My fiance is going to grad school for 6 years, and I'll be going with.
'86 Westy w/ (18s)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get the money upfront and write it out that buyer is responsible for vehicle blah blah blah before you hit the road. If hes not happy with that then tell him to come get it himself. That way your ass is covered, and your not going to get jerked around when you get there with funds.
mightyart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't do it, you're just asking for trouble.
Should be sold as-is where-is.
You'd get it there and they would start finding problems with it and start tying to get you to lower the price, and they know they got you cause your going to have to waste more time and money to go home.
seans67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you decided to keep it.

'71 Squareback '71 Porsche 914 ‘80 Camper '87 Syncro Weekender 1.8T '87 Wolfsburg Weekender '97 Toyota Land Cruiser ‘03 Audi A6 Quattro 3.0 ‘04 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 1.8T ‘05 Audi A4 Quattro 3.0
‘06 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell it as is where is, paid in full. Seperate contract for delivery, I'd ask for money up front, to buy gas & food along the way, as well as a fare to get home. Ps make sure the new owner has insurance and registration in place before you leave your driveway, and that you're covered under it!

Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Phil G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . Plus it would probably be cheaper for the guy to have it delivered by transport, and no wear and tear on the car in the process.
I only paid $450 recently to have a non-runner delivered door-to-door from Northern Oregon To Southern California. Runners are cheaper. I used Selena Auto Transport and it took about 1 week for it to arrive safe and sound. Just another angle . .
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: