Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You posted your pics on a public website- get over it! Your not Ansel Adams.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andy rowe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about the limba roof and side panels,that would be a good repro as there seems to be lots of interest in these,and the mauser bowl,thats got to be done as ive never seen one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

I am surprised this thread has not seen any action since 2009.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next?
    Hmmm.... how about an accurate pop-top seal Very Happy

srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

These curtains:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

I made a short run of these, gone before I knew it.
Folks are rabid for early westy parts.
Hope more people step up and make stuff that we can all benefit from.
I won't be making any more of these.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

So your post was just to tease people who weren't one of the lucky few? Very Happy

By the speed at which you sold the first batch there is definitely a market for at least another run.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
So your post was just to tease people who weren't one of the lucky few? Very Happy

By the speed at which you sold the first batch there is definitely a market for at least another run.

CRAP!
I was hunting for open of those at Hessich Friday and today when a friend mentioned these popping up on his Facebook feed. By time another friend messaged Neil they were sold.
How does one go about having these made?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Westy poles/mounts in the US!!!
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
srfndoc wrote:

CRAP!
I was hunting for open of those at Hessich Friday and today when a friend mentioned these popping up on his Facebook feed. By time another friend messaged Neil they were sold.
How does one go about having these made?

Heads up - I have made a move to have 20-25 more of these made. It is up to the craftsman now, and because I can't be sure of the quantity I will receive, I can't take pre-orders.

For what it is worth, I have a meeting later this week regarding having some of the "elephant trunk" water tank filler hoses reproduced. This part will require special tooling and a mold, so it may not be worth making a small batch. We will see.
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

SO23 water tank filler hose - initial reproduction samples of a never before reproduced part.

These pre production samples were made to help work out the kinks. I am making progress, but they definitely need some changes and that will take time.

For what it is worth, I am working with a boutique rubber manufacturer that has indicated that the methods used to manufacture the original elephant trunk water tank filler hoses, are no longer used. They are trying to satisfy my requirements using modern technology, and they are aware of the limited production numbers I am asking for. I would be happy with one filler hose for my bus, but am willing to help the larger bus community.

Look for updates in a couple weeks.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

npbusguy wrote:
SO23 water tank filler hose - initial reproduction samples of a never before reproduced part.

These pre production samples were made to help work out the kinks. I am making progress, but they definitely need some changes and that will take time.

For what it is worth, I am working with a boutique rubber manufacturer that has indicated that the methods used to manufacture the original elephant trunk water tank filler hoses, are no longer used. They are trying to satisfy my requirements using modern technology, and they are aware of the limited production numbers I am asking for. I would be happy with one filler hose for my bus, but am willing to help the larger bus community.

Look for updates in a couple weeks.

Neil you know I am down for one of those filler hoses. Thanks for doing this btw. I'm crossing my fingers and toes on these parts.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1973 Ghia convertible
EeVeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Time for a reproduction breadbox and cups set? Shocked

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2035382
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

EeVeeWee wrote:
Time for a reproduction breadbox and cups set? Shocked

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2035382

I remember going to Hessiche Oldendorf show not sure if it was four or eight years ago, and there was an English couple selling a repro complete one for I think $1500. I balked at the price, but now wish I would have paid. It was a,down right steal compared to that one.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1973 Ghia convertible
Wolfsburg Classics
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Well I've already done 2/3ds of it with holder and clip as below
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2022058

Still thinking about the cover due to tooling costs...but yes if you look at what I have done so far minus the cover that's getting up there but find another original one.....
Mine are the only repro ones on this site.at present and Greg's is the cheapest complete one for sale currently on this site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Does anyone have a lead on a Mauser "style" bowl. ? Color, shape..
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Hello ALL,

I made repro - grey bungee cords with brass clamps. Please take a look. I'm prepering the advertise right now.

Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

ADVERTISE -

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2139698
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

15+ years ago a friend(mechanical engineer) was seriously considering repoping exact replica Westfalia hitches.

Between us we had 3 or 4 good complete examples. I think he even has a barn door one. Anyway, we figured they were going to have to sell for 6-7 hundred bucks at the time and the market would just not be there at that price.

Today I bet we could get the price down and the market would definitely support it...imo. I need to get back in touch with him Wink
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

swharris wrote:
15+ years ago a friend(mechanical engineer) was seriously considering repoping exact replica Westfalia hitches.

Between us we had 3 or 4 good complete examples. I think he even has a barn door one. Anyway, we figured they were going to have to sell for 6-7 hundred bucks at the time and the market would just not be there at that price.

Today I bet we could get the price down and the market would definitely support it...imo. I need to get back in touch with him Wink

Yes you do!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: