Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

i agree, a proper westfalia hitch is a great accessory, and it really is useable.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

swharris wrote:
15+ years ago a friend(mechanical engineer) was seriously considering repoping exact replica Westfalia hitches.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Between us we had 3 or 4 good complete examples. I think he even has a barn door one. Anyway, we figured they were going to have to sell for 6-7 hundred bucks at the time and the market would just not be there at that price.

Today I bet we could get the price down and the market would definitely support it...imo. I need to get back in touch with him Wink

Ask user Thom about making them - he made some for a while.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=365159
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
]

Ask user Thom about making them - he made some for a while.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=365159

I would, but he apparently does not speak to me. Tried on multiple occasions with no success. No big deal. I do remember him doing those. I think our (Matt H.)discussions(while just preliminary) were prior to Thom's run. His looked very nice. I think if you could scale up, production a 500-600 dollar price point would still be profitable.

Last edited by swharris on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Problem with those hitches was everyone wanted one so he made them and it took a few years to sell them all. A LOT of the people who said they wanted one flaked out. It happens a lot.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Problem with those hitches was everyone wanted one so he made them and it took a few years to sell them all. A LOT of the people who said they wanted one flaked out. It happens a lot.

With so much Westfalia. People make the part but it has to be dead perfect and even then it is a "repro" which means some people will hold out for the original even if it is nearly impossible to find.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
crofty wrote:

With so much Westfalia. People make the part but it has to be dead perfect and even then it is a "repro" which means some people will hold out for the original even if it is nearly impossible to find.

in my mind people should buy them because trailer hitches are super useful. I would never put a luggage rack on a bus, especially if i had a small trailer and a hitch.
Buying them because it is a westy hitch to go with my westy camper and my westy luggage rack sounds like a very small target group. just my 2 cents

Uli

Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Hi All,

My friend from France asked me if I can do Westy front curtain rod sometime ago. So when I found the 13mm aluminium tube I decided to make them repro. Please take a look on pics. Maybe you need it to your Westy?!

It will be for sale in near future when I got the front curtain rod mount. I have to be absolutly sure that all works perfect.

Maybe there is someone who wants it? Please email me. I'm prepering about 20 pieces. Thanks.

Cheers,
Jacek
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Hi ALL,

The rod was ready for sometime but I can't put the advertise quickly. Now it is ready !!!

See it here -

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2152177

Thanks,
Jacek
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

I made some new interesting reproduction for SO42 Westy. Please check it -

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2247495

Cheers,
Jacek
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Hi ALL,

I'm back to TS after some time. We had a family problems and I had no time to do anything. I'm trying to clear all after this absence. Please give me a moment. Thanks.

Anyway the brand new wood immitation inner frame was waiting for this moment to show the vw community. Please take a look and leave some comments if you want. Many thanks. The inner frames will be available soon.

Be well,
Jacek

derRHDmeister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause

unclespanky wrote:
Piercy could dip those wheel cylinders between his cheek and gums and spit them out rebuilt.

Check us out @
Instagram: DeafVolks & BarndoorBuggy
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

THX Very Happy
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

these just call out to be hydro graphic printed (water transfer)

Uli

Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

No it is not hydrographic. I can't Say all mystery Smile sorry
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

The sundial inner frames will be also available Smile

I can even restore the original frames. It is not a problem. All info on email.

Thanks,
Jacek
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

As always, nice work Jacek.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Jack-Fatboy wrote:

Jacek,

i know it is not a water transfer, i was just saying this part SHOULD be done as a water transfer, matching even the craziest interiors. Carbon, Camo, whatever people like

Uli

Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
Jack-Fatboy wrote:

Jacek,

i know it is not a water transfer, i was just saying this part SHOULD be done as a water transfer, matching even the craziest interiors. Carbon, Camo, whatever people like

Well it might be a good idea to sell the bare aluminium frames to People who wants to put some different even custom pattern on them. I will think about it. The hydrographic gives many options.

Jacek
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
As always, nice work Jacek.

Many thanks Maurice Very Happy
Jack-Fatboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Which westy part would you like to see reproduced next? Reply with quote

Advertise is ready Smile

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2280958

Cheers,
Jacek
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: