Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just Vee Dubs / V Dubs World / Jose Ortega
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
weshope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Jose Ortega - CONTACT! (almost) Reply with quote

Attention all Jose Ortega fans,

I was bored today, so I thought I'd call all the numbers that I've run across to see if I can reach Jose Ortega. Most are no longer in service, but you can still get his voicemail at Just Vee Dubs at 505-301-1873. If you're having a bad day, I would recommend you call our buddy Jose and leave him a message letting him know how much you appreciate what he has done for you. I have this number on my speed dial and plan to make it a daily habit until he either returns my call or changes this number.

Wes Hope
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck.

Anyone in ABQ know if he's folded yet?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stuttgartwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Scott, here is the whois info for the new URL... Reply with quote

onlineimportautoparts.com = [ 68.178.254.106 ]

(Asked whois.godaddy.com:43 about onlineimportautoparts.com)

Registrant:
Just Vee Dubs Inc.
4626 Old Hwy 2793
Camp Verde Arizona 86322
United States
Registered through: GoDaddy.com Inc. http://www.godaddy.com
Domain Name: ONLINEIMPORTAUTOPARTS.COM
Created on: 24-Jul-05
Expires on: 24-Jul-08
Last Updated on:
Administrative Contact:
[email protected]

Just Vee Dubs Inc.
4626 Old Hwy 2793
Camp Verde Arizona 86322
United States
928-567-5069
Technical Contact:
[email protected]

Just Vee Dubs Inc.
4626 Old Hwy 2793
Camp Verde Arizona 86322
United States
928-567-5069
Domain servers in listed order:
NS5.SECURESERVER.NET
NS6.SECURESERVER.NET

(Asked whois.crsnic.net:43 about =onlineimportautoparts.com) (show)

Whois Server Version 2.0
Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.
Domain Name: ONLINEIMPORTAUTOPARTS.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS5.SECURESERVER.NET
Name Server: NS6.SECURESERVER.NET
Updated Date: 13-feb-2007
Creation Date: 24-jul-2005
Expiration Date: 24-jul-2008
>>> Last update of whois database: Wed 01 Aug 2007 04: 17: 10 UTC <<<

www.stuttgartwerks.com (Coming back soon!)
Porsche Club Of America Member #2003014917
356 Registry Member #15590
Hot Wheels Collectors Member# 271683
Redlines Online Member since 05/10/02
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
Does this mean he's no longer in ABQ or just using an old address on his new domain, I wonder.

Folks in Albuquerque, is he still there?
Anyone near Camp Verde know if he's back up that-a-ways?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
weshope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the phone number I listed in the previous post is good. Sometimes it rings before going to v-mail, others it goes direct. Still no response.
mygreenvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: another Jose story Reply with quote

Here's my story....

About 2 years ago my husband delivered our 1986 (i think) van to Jose in Camp Verde to have a rebuilt engine installed. He was very elusive and Hubbie was frequently complaining about Jose not returning phone calls or emails.

Hubbie was killed in a plane crash in Nov. I've since contacted Jose by email. Sometimes he actually answers my notes. He says that the van is done but needs papers (???) so that he can drive it to test out the new engine. I said I would send him the new plates if only I knew where to send it. He said he'd send me a DHL envelope to put it in but hasn't...

That was a month or 2 ago. I've written to him twice simply asking where he's located and what's his phone number. No response.

He's installing a simple diesel engine to replace the blown one. What's a reasonable cost for that job, presuming I ever see my van again?

I live not very far from Camp Verde. It sounds like he may actually be back there these days. Anyone else live not too far who could join me in a trip down? Otherwise, I think I need to find a very large and vw savvy guy to visit Jose with me.
CurtisS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I would get there as soon as possible and get your van. The guy is a crook!
The last I heard he was in New Mexico. I doubt he would go back to Camp Verde but you never know. Post something here if you learn anything.
mygreenvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: my friend Jose Reply with quote

Went down to Camp Verde a few weeks ago. Stopped at the old addresses but didn't find my van. No surprise there. My next stop was to police dept where I reported it stolen. Now I guess I just wait.
weshope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: mygreenvan Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your woes. I'm hoping Jose will get a conscience and do the right thing for you, but I don't think it's in him. He's a vulture preying on people's good nature. I wish I had contact info on him, but I do not. He's still out there hiding somewhere. Hopefully he'll show up soon. Good luck.
knoton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: JustVeeDubs, JoseOrtega, et al... Reply with quote

I've finally updated my pages regarding this swine, or rather I added a new page for his most recent cyber incarnation.

UPDATED urls 16Feb08

http://www.whiskersneighbour.com/PSA/JoseOrtega.html

http://www.whiskersneighbour.com/PSA/JustVeeDubs.html

http://www.whiskersneighbour.com/PSA/OnlineImportAutoParts.html

http://www.whiskersneighbour.com/PSA/VDubsWorld.html

All of these pages are the same. The purpose is to have something online that people can find while they're looking for whatever might lead them to one of Jose's businesses. I try to "copy" a new page for every one of his websites that I become aware of so that it increases the odds that someone can be alerted to his shenanigans before they lose money, parts or vehicles to this pig.

My domain stats do show that these pages are being picked up by search engines, bots and crawlers. So, these pages may be helping to deprive this asshole of at least a few victims. That's my hope.

I've been away from this forum for a bit to deal with a looming health problem and don't have anything new to share. I was contacted by his ex-wife requesting that I remove references to her on my pages because "I didn't have anything to do with it." and, she further stated "The Sherif (Camp Verde) says that everyone calls to complain, but that 'NOONE (meaning us, his victims) WANTS TO DO ANYTHING, so we can't do anything about him." I have not removed references to her. She was there working with him and she hasn't provided any info to assist in tracking him down.

If anyone has info they think will help and should be on these web pages, please send me a message.

I think the only real solution for anyone is what Scott did ~ go there with a gang of your US Marine buds and physically reclaim your property. I doubt the SOB ever has any cash onhand though and any parts may have already been eBayed, but at least Scott got his car back. From recent entries here, it seems that Jose has become even more difficult to find since then.

I wish everyone luck. I am going to keep my web pages up until Jose is no longer a threat to innocent VW hobbyists. I hope not to be out of touch for this long again!

knoton

Last edited by knoton on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear from you!

I actually didn't make it there - trip got cancelled but my friend had relatives who were willing to do the same. He cooperated with 'em and said VW got picked up and held until I was able to get a truck to bring it back. This was after I'd called the ABQ PD to find it - they said when they'd talked with him that he had no cars at his "shop" and that the car was actually at his sister's house or some such story...

... going there with a bunch of guys was not completely out of the question... Smile
knoton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: updated urls Reply with quote

I've moved these pages onto a new domain.

http://www.whiskersneighbour.com/PSA/JoseOrtega.html

http://www.whiskersneighbour.com/PSA/JustVeeDubs.html

http://www.whiskersneighbour.com/PSA/OnlineImportAutoParts.html

http://www.whiskersneighbour.com/PSA/VDubsWorld.html
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have anything new to report? Nobody ripped off as of late? Anyone get their vehicles back in one piece?
knoton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an email exchange showing some recent activity. This is the first direct evidence that I have received since Scott began this thread that our public service efforts have PREVENTED another of our VW family from becoming a victim of that pig.

http://www.whiskersneighbour.com/PSA/17Feb08email.txt

Look how long it's been. This is why this must remain a committed, sustained, long term effort. And, why this Samba thread must never expire.
weshope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. I totally agree that this guy should be buried so he can never take advantage of anyone else. I'm making progress on my convertible project. The body is back on with engine installed.

I had a rash of carb problems. I was trying to run a progressive, but the one Jose Ortega sold me was a piece of junk. It was a new overhauled unit (Motorcraft), but there was so much play in the shaft, there is no way keep it tuned. Just another way Jose screwed me. He also didn't bother to send my stock intake back when he shipped the motor. Basically he got me for my cooling flap setup including thermostat, lower cooling tins, rear tin pieces, stock intake, oil pressure switch, and the misc hardwared to attach it all. Who knows how long this motor will last. It has been a learning experience to say the least, but I finally have my motor the way I want it. It would be great to hear that this crook is in jail.
mygreenvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
Thought I'd give everyone an update on my '87 green westy.
After repeatedly asking Jose if he'd actually stolen my van, since he didn't seem to be inclined to return it with the "new engine" that he assured me was looking better than he'd expected..., and me reporting it stolen to the local PD, he finally told me where he had it "stored". And added that I owed the guy for the storage (hahaha!). The van was where he said it was, minus ANY engine at all, mirrors and who knows what else. I had to have it towed home and now wonder what to do.

Thinking of selling it or parting it out at this point and using the funds to update my '87 Syncro. Any takers?
CurtisS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for yuks I tried Jose's last known cell number (505-301-1873) and got some guy named John. I questioned him a bit and finally learned that he just received this number about a month ago. I let him know that the person that had the number before him was being sought for fraud. Poor guy.
big bus mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All has gone quiet on the NM front concerning Just V dubs, but last I knew he was conducting business under V-Dubs World here in ABQ. This was easily 6-8 months ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...what about Online Import Auto Parts?
mygreenvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: online parts? Reply with quote

No, don't trust him for anything!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: