Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just Vee Dubs / V Dubs World / Jose Ortega
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
zenjeep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems his website is back up..........

http://www.justveedubs.com/

i hope none of your cars are in the for sale section.........

http://www.justveedubs.com/vw_car_sales.php?car_id=6#car_for_sale
82 westy
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man,
Yeah his site's still "out there" - every address on that page of his is incorrect or not active - his California BAR license is listed as "delinquent" on that website. Every car on his page listed "for sale" has been there since I can remember back when he was in Spring Valley, California - that's been about a year - sometime in late '05.
None of mine - mine's pictured on here - it's a Golf Blue 1961 Beetle sedan. Chassis No. 3 377 705.

Drats - it's gotta be out there.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, He's gone to great extreme on that web site to get rid of any straight forward contact information. It's about as bad as contact information for old Ben Laden in some cave over yonder. He talks about e-mail spam problems and unwanted messages. So are you the one who sent him a message he didn't want? With this big business operation, shop and parts warehouse he aludes to, it must be somewhere. Cali, AZ or NM. Not just a rented box in a little post office in some little AZ town. Even so, that one must be legit since that's where to send him money.

It's good you blew the whistle. His awesome advertised warantee would be like dangling candy in front of little kids.
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Of warranties and such Reply with quote

yeah he did mention a crazy warranty on that 1200 40hp he was rebuilding for me - something to the tune of 100k miles! Uhhhh yeah uh huh

He's been dodging contact with many a good VW person - certainly not helping his credibility. He's been doing this sort of thing for a while - check out knoton's website - since the early 1980s!

His current address is on Ellison -
4801 Ellison Ne. Ste. N
Albuquerque NM, 87109
to be precise.

It's not a big business operation - his site would have you believe it - but nope - one shop that I know of - started in California and skipped town to AZ and now to NM. From what I've heard it's a little one garage thing.

Smile Yeah Bin Laden's easier to get hold of huh? Ha ha - HE might return an email or two! Laughing

Actually it was scruffy - I found this post on Tribe through Google and eventually came to find this thread on the Samba. I'm grateful to find such a wonderful group of people. It's rotten that guys like this spoil it.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dieselnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word in the split bug forums is this guy is selling a split on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...0031132195

Here's the thread:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=193716

You should be able to get some of his contact information via ebay, not to mention you can all bid the car through the roof to ensure it doesn't actually sell. High bidder can get his current email addy, and maybe his IP address w/ that, etc. Good luck!
rusty57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone number as of this morning...505-341-0341

I bet the split on the bay has a lien because he stole that one too. Easy as a business owner to rack up the price of something, put a lien on it when the customer tells you to go to hell, and sell it legit.

I'd let the buyer with the high bid know what's up. ebay should be in the know too.

People like this will get what they deserve eventually. One day (maybe already) he will fuck with the wrong person.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: ...speaking of... Reply with quote

Hey man, speaking of the wrong person to f*** with...
haven't heard from knoton in a while - I wonder if he went Clockwork Orange on him yet? Twisted Evil
CurtisS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case no one else has done it, I sent the high bidder on the VW split window a message through EBay warning him to watch out for Jose. I included a link to this thread in the message. The winning bidder goes by "xx durden xx". I hope he/she hasn't sent any money to New Mexico yet.
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: xxdurdenxx Reply with quote

He's registered on Samba and has posted over in the Splittie forum under the thread "Why hasn't this '51 sold?".

He said that he's getting the same thing out of Jose we're all accustomed to - email requesting information on the car went unanswered. Wow, what a shock!

BUT - he posts that he's in the law enforcement business SO... should "Mister" Ortega decide to try to screw him over...

I keep expecting to find my '61 for sale out there - just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Oh I just registered on the Albuquerque Air Cooled Alliance VW Club site - here's their link: http://www.aaavwclub.com/ ... going to have a look around and see what I find there about him and get some word out there.

I'll keep you all informed.
rusty57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too send warnings on ebay to all the bidders with links to this site. Hopefully Jose will finally get the message.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Additional information Reply with quote

He's got another website - "http://vdubsworld.com".
No "www." or anything.

It won't show up if you look it up under Google, and if you do a Whois on the URL it makes it look like it's some sort of hidden information.

I emailed both addresses on it just for kicks - I'll really be surprised if he responds.
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Amazing! Reply with quote

Well barring the multiple post/forum rule I'd like to provide an update to the contiuning saga of the '61 Beetle which went *away*.

I received an email message from Jose today saying that he needs to know where to send my Beetle and if I have any special carrier. That was the end of that message - very short and to-the-point. Strangely enough I got the same message at both my .Mac email account AND at the Hotmail one of which he said before "...you obviously aren't getting my emails at this one."

I think I'd like to take a trip to NM all the same just to see if I can get a look at that splittie and see if I can obtain its chassis number for you all. You know, make sure it's "good to go". Twisted Evil

I'll let you know how it all goes.
slammed68bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like reading America;s most wanted!!

Any updates???
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

Well here goes -

I wasn't originally going to post anything further until I had everything together but simply:

My car has been picked up and is in the good hands of my friend's family.
I will bring her back as soon as I can get some leave to do so.

My engine and some parts are apparently still in AZ with Jose's ex. He said that he would send them back ASAP.

I'm going to stay reticent until I have everything back together and running.
c_ack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: We need to send JVD to jail Reply with quote

I am an accumulation of all that is wrong with JVD. I am not going to take it. I live in Jacksonville FL and it is not stopping me. I have been in touch with the Albuquerque Metro Court Civil system and have just mailed my small claims complaint against JVD. Please all who have been lied to, cheated by and ripped off by this loser please go to metrocourt.state.nm.us and make him pay. And drive this guy out of business (the business of cheating) I am not letting this one go.
scottyhoffo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: JVD Reply with quote

You have a PM.
swampybottom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this thread. I was on the verge of buying an engine (watercooled...sorry, I love aircooled but can't afford the hobby) when I stumbled upon this thread. JVD's lack of response to my questions about the engine threw up the flag. I also looked at GEX, but stopped with them too. I've seen a couple mentions of Boston Engine on this thread and wondered if anyone has contact info as I don't see them on the web. Do they do watercooled? Any info would be appreciated.
jd
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bostonengine.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a guy in our neck of the woods do the same thing as the veedubs guy. From what I understand, In the state of Florida (See what the statute is in NM or AZ) if you take parts (a muffler in this case) and put it on another owners vehicle without the original owners consent it consititutes a running chop shop. He also took money from people and did not deliver the promised work/parts.

He was facing 10-15 years in prison and overdosed less than a week before sentencing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
knoton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: OK Reply with quote

scottyhoffo wrote:
Well here goes -

I wasn't originally going to post anything further until I had everything together but simply:

My car has been picked up and is in the good hands of my friend's family......

Good for you! It's great to hear some positive news out of this.

I've had a health issue to deal with and am behind in everything. I just got an email today with new address and phone, but I'm pretty sure you guys already have it:

> i have his current address as:
>
> V Dubs World Inc. VDW/JVD
> 4801 Ellison NE #N
> Alburquerque, NM 87109
>
> phone number:
>
> (505) 341-0341
>

knoton
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: