Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Trylon wrote:
John Moxon wrote:
Yep...I posted that picture in June 2014 in this very thread. Smile https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7162993#7162993

Now you’d think I’d know how to conduct research! I did look at the parts list but was having problems slogging through 700+ pages. Sorry to make you repeat yourself...

Thanks!

That's OK...beats talking to myself which takes up most of my day. Wink

FIXING STRIPS

Due to lack of response when I announced the possibility to make the Lateral Fixing Strip pair, that hold the Front Bulkhead Mat side edges, the production order was never authorized. Everything was ready at the metal fabrication shop, as I supplied detail drawings and received a quotation, but I did not give the green light to proceed. I will try one more time:

IF there are at least 25 orders placed in the next two weeks, I will make 50 sets. They would be like the original ones, with a new look, perfect to show up your Low Light Werks mat set!

VW Part Number: 141 863 137 ( x 2 ) and screw N 11 461 1 ( x 8 )

Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication, made from an original part, powder-coated in original Beige color.

Before placing an order, please post in this forum your intention te get a set @ $47 (includes 2 strips).

Let see how this goes! A decision to have them available will be made in two weeks!

Luis
Srecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Hey Lius, just following on from my previous post regarding RHD mats, there probably no examples given all lower lights were LHD. Reversing the LHD drive mats should work.
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Srecko wrote:
Hey Lius, just following on from my previous post regarding RHD mats, there probably no examples given all lower lights were LHD. Reversing the LHD drive mats should work.

Hello Srecko ,

It doesn’t work that way, the only way is to have originals to make molds or create a model of each by hand to make the molds. If that was easy, I would have done that for the LHD sets. I had to use originals, even if they were not perfect, as some wear and time related details are reflected in the reproduced mats. A couple people asked if the wear in the pedal area of the drivers side mat and some surface cracking were production defects. They are not, that wear and those imperfections shows in every reproduced mat!

Luis
VeloMikey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

I will take a pair of fixing strips

Ghia Build Thread https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768748
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

VeloMikey wrote:

There is always the first one.Thanks VeloMikey!

24+ to go!
Srecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
Srecko wrote:

Hello Srecko ,

It doesn’t work that way, the only way is to have originals to make molds or create a model of each by hand to make the molds. If that was easy, I would have done that for the LHD sets. I had to use originals, even if they were not perfect, as some wear and time related details are reflected in the reproduced mats. A couple people asked if the wear in the pedal area of the drivers side mat and some surface cracking were production defects. They are not, that wear and those imperfections shows in every reproduced mat!

Luis

No problems thank you Luis. I'm just frustrated as I see what the LHD mats look like and won't mind a set of RHD. Thank you again and keep up the great work.
otahuhu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
VeloMikey wrote:

24+ to go!

X2 ...Thanks again luis for taking the time to make quality parts.

Perhaps a pic of the fixing strips might help others to get on board?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
laneven28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
VeloMikey wrote:

24+ to go!

Luis, I'm good for 2 sets of the fixing strips to go with the 2 sets of mats I recently ordered
1956 Iris Blue Convertible
1958 Pearl White Lowlight KG Convertible
1961 Turkis Ragtop
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

I’ll commit to a set of the strips. Thanks Luis!
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

FIXING STRIPS

So far there are 5 sets committed!

We need another 20 so they can be fabricated...
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

So i got the full mat set including bulkhead yesterday for my buddies 58 coupe. Fantastic quality and appearance! Packaging was very well done as well. The key fob and card holder are both as well done as the mats. Anyone needing mats should get them ordered while they are available!
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
Keenan57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

I will commit to a set, Luis. Have now received my mats, thanks.
boinkffd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Wallet and fob arrived. Thank you again for the Lowlight Werks awesomness.
grailoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
FIXING STRIPS

count me in for one 1 set.
My oldspeed 36hp autotechnik express build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=670827
My garage build: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199438
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Inchpincher61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
Hi Inchpincher61! Your box is ready to go!

I'm glad you posted, Monday I sent you an email asking for your phone #, as it is required for shipping documents!

I will send a PM now.

Cheers,

Luis

LUIS

I have received the mats on Friday. They look really really great.....the waiting was absolutely worth it!

Thank you so much!!
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
FIXING STRIPS

I would like a set as well, Luis.
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!
reeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Does anyone have photos of installed fixing strips? I am just about to buy a couple sets of mats and might add that to the order.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

reeler wrote:
Does anyone have photos of installed fixing strips? I am just about to buy a couple sets of mats and might add that to the order.

Hi reeler,

At this time the strips are not available, as there are not enough members committed to get them. To make them I need 25 sets to pay for the tooling, and so far only 6 members showed their interest, your 2 sets would make 8.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

(item 6 in diagram)

I hope more members will commit to get them!

Luis
reeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Count me in on a set when you do get them. I am going to make a larger order today. Happy to support the cause. Stay safe!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jlarrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Hi Luís,
I ordered a sound absorber mats and a strips sets time ago. Please, could you comfirm I am still in the list?
Thank you
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Jump to:
Page 48 of 51

Jump to: