Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

what means greybeige / lt.grey?

GHIA wrote:
It took me several hours to find it in my archives and here is a compilation

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

udo dreisoerner wrote:
what means greybeige / lt.grey?

Grey- beige (T106) / light grey (K200)
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Mar Colour List v3 Reply with quote

Mat Colour List (v3)

Grey Mats GY

Toucan Black Coupe (Black floormats)
Trout Blue Coupe (Black floormats)
Pelican Red Coupe (Black floormats)

Black Coupe
Cognac Coupe
Cardinal Red Coupe
Dolphin Blue Coupe

Black Cab
Bernina Cab

Beige Mats (Brown BN in Luis' list)

Gazelle Beige Coupe (Black floormats)
Antelope Brown Coupe (Black floormats)

Brilliant Red Coupe

Pearl-White Cab
Colorado/Cardinal Red Cab
Graphite-Silver Cab
Diamond-Grey Cab

Green Mats GN

Lizard Green Coupe (Black floormats)

Bamboo Coupe
Aero-Silver Coupe

Amazon Cab

Reference material

Other
Very early Coupes (55 into very early 56) did not have the full bulkhead mat. With forward heater vents, they had Black mats, and 1/2 carpet/rubber on the bulkhead.

The heater vents moved back in April 56 (VIN 1154228).
The full bulkhead mat was introduced from VIN 1154228 (tbc).
1956/57 Coupes had Black floormats.
1958/59 Coupes and Cabs had fully colour-coded mats.
GHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

In addition for information the carpets colors before the body 3760 are indicate also on the pic above. (between parts n°31 et parts n°1, -> 141 863 023 / 024)

I think we have all the data Very Happy
Burman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Not my intention to confuse here but here are the numbers written on my
tunnelmat and sillmat.
(The tunnelmats seem to be a partsnumber)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

For me the number 143 01 09 12 11 470 123 is the manufacturer's reference, this number doesn't correspond with the VW reference.

We find the same thing on other parts VW for example the number stamped inside the aluminum bumper over rider (USA)
Bumper overrider REF MANUFACTURER (inside the bumper) 143 15 03 035 and VW reference (on catalog) 144 707 155C

I have another example if you want

So nothing unusual for me Very Happy
Burman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Ah...nice info, off course...thanks Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Another thing regarding the upcoming production.
The colours. Looking at the brown (beige) samples they look a little bit to
brown in the photos. When looking at my OEM mats the are more grey/beige/brown:ish

The 1966 Teak-version also had brown mats which as I remember them were more deep-brown.

I´m very afraid of criticize here .... I just wan´t to help and get everything as correct as possible.

Do you have referenses regardning the colours? My beige tunnel/sill mat is sent to Luis for this matter. Anybody have a piece of green or grey as well?
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

GHIA wrote:
It took me several hours to find it in my archives and here is a compilation

Thanks you very much for the confirmation!

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

WOW!!!

Great information! I love original documents!

This takes care of all tbc colors in the Car Color / Rubber Color Table!

Thank you GHIA!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Regarding COLORS

It is good to bring this conversation to the forum!

I am trying to be as close as possible to the original colors. I have a Beige/Brown original floor mat and a Green original floor mat (Loren's mats). I also have a piece of an original dark Gray tunnel Mat (thanks Andy!). And I am waiting for a Beige/Brown Tunnel mat from Burman (thank you!).

I want to compare the 2 original Beige/Brown originals and see how close they color match. If they are the same, it will be an indication that we can be spot on.

Pictures don't help, there are too many variables that affect the color, that is impossible to use them with total confidence.

It would be great if I can have another original Green and Gray mats, to do the same test. Please let me know if one of you can help on that. You can send me a PM or an email at [email protected] if you prefer.

Same thing for a Black mat sample, I don't have any.

Thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
trus1959
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Hi, I still have the four original dolphin bleu mats (front grey and rear black) in mint conditions. I am a little bit afraid to send it after my bad expérience with John Lemke., but maybe if they aren't other aveliable. Let's me know.
trus1959
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Such a shame you lost your mat to lemke, I sincerely hope he has the decency to return it, if nothing else. You did a great thing for the benefit of the entire lowlight community and got shafted.
Such a nice mat... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1080458.jpg
I always wondered what happened that ghia as the interior was so nice?

I still have the original complete intérieur in incredeble condition, my 1959 dolphin bleu need a lot of work to be back on the road. I am thinking to sell the whole thing for helping me to redone the body of my 1959 cardinal red with Okrasa engine.
GHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
WOW!!!

Great information! I love original documents!

This takes care of all tbc colors in the Car Color / Rubber Color Table!

Thank you GHIA!

If that could help, It is real pleasure
Keep me informed when you make the versions for the post-lowlight
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Just a thought, and I've no dog in this fight,

You've made your quota for economical LHD mats.

You have a significant interest in RHD mats.
As long as you are setting up production, why not offer the RHD mats but of course at an obviously higher price because of the limited production nature of it?

So LHD owners are paying say $1500 US, RHD may be paying twice that, maybe more. I'll wager you will get a fair number of orders even at the increased price point.

It will add to the volume of material purchased which will be some saving, more time rented of the production space and labor costs.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

RHD mats

Quote:
You have a significant interest in RHD mats.
As long as you are setting up production, why not offer the RHD mats but of course at an obviously higher price because of the limited production nature of it?

I really want RHD owners to have the chance to get RHD mat sets. Let me start production of the LHD mat sets and I will make a proposal, after I am fulfilling LHD orders.

One thing that I would need is front floor mat samples. I will think the tunnel mat is different, but i don't know that for sure. Regarding the Front Panel mat, a sample would be great, but it may not be an option. I could try to make one, but I will need a template from a RHD car.

I will be traveling tomorrow to my niece weeding. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I will take my original Key Fob and see if my sister's leather shop can reproduce it!

During my trip I expect to be connected, but it may take a little longer to answer questions or post up-dates.

Cheers!

Luis.
villemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Ordered and paid...thanks Luis
boinkffd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Ordered a set in grey.a hugh Thank you again Luis .
Tall Bloke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Just Ordered and paid for a set in Gray- Thanks again Luis.

Tim
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Lowlight floor mats....possible reproduction source Reply with quote

Ordered and paid, very excited, so glad this is finally happening. Good job on the website too, looks great.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 51

Jump to: