Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected] does bad business......
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dr. awsome
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 27, 2011
SiggyManx#33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

offer+acceptance=binding deal (in most states)

You should not of relisted them for a higher price until everyone else backed out.

Doing so can make you look bad. (even if you aren't.)
dr. awsome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited the price just incase everyone that was already in line dropped out for some reason. I had no intetioins of trying to get the people who had e-mailed me about them when the price was listed as 125 to get them to pay 200. I guess I got gready hoping that if everyone backed out I could find someone who didn't see the original listing and get a little more. But in no way shape or form was I going to try to get anyone that contacted me before I raised the advertised price to try to get them to pay the 200 instead of the original 125.
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr. awsome wrote:
I didn't rais the price to anyone who had e-mailed me before I raised the price. The people who had e-mail be still had the offer for 125. I honestly had no idea what the are worth. All I know is I picked them up a year ago at a swap meet for a good deal and was tired of having them around and needed some cash. I would have only made jsbptown pay the original 125.

Oh, so you sold them to someone else for $125, and it was a simple mixup in order?

If you already had a buyer (Jeff) for $125, then why would you go through the trouble of editing the Manx Club ad for $200?

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize accidents happen, but I worked pretty hard walking that line between being a pain in the ass, and falling off the face of the earth. I didn't email you right on Wednesday thinking you wanted to give the other guy the whole day, and I waited for you on thursday during the day for you to get back to me (again so I wouldn't be perceived as a pain). When you didn't I sent that last email on thursday night.
I guess I am angry as well because another set came up on the Samba for $150 (but included new aircleaners) and I passed them up because I didn't want to play two people. Obviously those are now gone as well.
Its more than frustrating doing everything right just to get screwed.
And lastly...I didn't make you look like an ass.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr. awsome wrote:
I didn't rais the price to anyone who had e-mailed me before I raised the price. The people who had e-mail be still had the offer for 125. I honestly had no idea what the are worth. All I know is I picked them up a year ago at a swap meet for a good deal and was tired of having them around and needed some cash. I would have only made jsbptown pay the original 125.

OK, that's cool. At least you honored your previous price.
dr. awsome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBob wrote:
That's understandable. Accidents happen, it's tough sometimes to keep pecking orders in line. But, this is what I don't get.

dr. awsome wrote:
I raised the price to 200 because of the amount of interest and figured I had them priced very low.

If you put something up for sale, you've already figured out in your head what you want for them. If you agree to sell for that price, you need to follow through. I completely understand trying to get the most $ out of your parts, but this isn't E-Bay. You shouldn't adjust your price structure based on interest.

After all, put yourself in Jeffs shoes. How would you feel?

Exactly. That's called Bait-and-Switch. You priced it, you eat it.
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's understandable. Accidents happen, it's tough sometimes to keep pecking orders in line. But, this is what I don't get.

dr. awsome wrote:
I raised the price to 200 because of the amount of interest and figured I had them priced very low.

If you put something up for sale, you've already figured out in your head what you want for them. If you agree to sell for that price, you need to follow through. I completely understand trying to get the most $ out of your parts, but this isn't E-Bay. You shouldn't adjust your price structure based on interest.

After all, put yourself in Jeffs shoes. How would you feel?

dr. awsome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s the deal. I posted them for 125 and with in 20 minutes a guy from Thailand e-mailed me and said he wanted them. The next morning I had 3 other e-mails from various people saying they want them ASAP as well. I tried to make a pecking order the best I could. I raised the price to 200 because of the amount of interest and figured I had them priced very low. I was also hoping that if the 4 people that e-mailed me all backed out for some reason I would be able to get a little more but I never raised the price for who had already e-mailed me before the price jump. Apparently I stated that jsbptown was next in line. The guy from Thailand dropped off the face of the earth and wouldn't respond to my e-mails at all. So I set a time limit and told him if he didn't respond I would then move to the next person. When he didn't respond I then moved to who I thought was the next person by who e-mailed me first. It was had to tell who was first at this time because g-mail only lists the day the e-mail was sent not the time. I sent a reply to the person I thought was next and apparently got the order wrong. I've already sent an E-mail apologizing to jsbptown. If I didn't already have the money in my back account I would tell the other guy I made a mistake and sell them to you but it’s not quite that simple is it. I really don't know what you want me to do! I understand that your upset because you lost out on a great deal because I messed up but is that really a reason to try to completely destroy a guys reputation? I don't sell thing very often and when I do apparently I'm not very good at it. also after I raised the price from 125 to 200 no one contacted me. There was not someone who was willing to pay more for them. I was only trying to get the most I could out of them but sill trying to be fair at the same time to who ever had already contacted me. But I guess I couldn't even to that right. Once again I apologies.

Last edited by dr. awsome on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the ones. You can see my original response on the Manx site at the bottom.
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These?

http://www.meyersmanx.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=6&cat=7

That is Dr. Awsome here.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=45519

jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: [email protected] does bad business...... Reply with quote

Here is the deal. Trent ([email protected]) lists a set of kadrons for $120.00 both here and on the on February 1, 2006. On February 2, 2006 I send him an email saying that I would take them, and for him to give me a shipping cost and how he wants to get paid. This is the email he sends me:

To: [email protected]
Cc:
Bcc:
Subject: Re: A message about your ad on
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:33:09 -0800

Shipping would be around $20. I prefer payment through paypal, But will take a money order or cashiers check as well. There is someone in Thailand that is also interested and he contacted me last night so he is first in line. you are next in line so if he backs out they are yours if you would still like them.

Thanks
Trent

Ok...so I am second in line. I send him this message the same day:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:13:32 -0500

Trent,
Yes Trent I am very interested. $20 for shipping is fine with me. Paypal is also fine. Let me know what happens if you would. My Manx would be very happy to have them.
Jeff

So then I get this email from Trent:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:47:56 -0800
I'll let you know as soon as I find out if this guy in thailand wants them still with how much shipping will be.

Thanks
Trent

Still cool. I will wait. On Saturday I shoot him a quick message:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 3:52:08 PM Eastern Standard Time
Trent,
Any word from the guy in Thailand?
Thanks
Jeff

I get a response from him on Sunday:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 22:34:44 -0800
He want them still but I havn't gotten any money yet. I'll give him till wednesday and then I'll give you a buzz with an update. How's that sound?

Trent

No problem. I shoot him this response:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 2:40:14 PM Eastern Standard Time

More than fair. Thanks.
Jeff

So since I don't hear from him I shoot him a message on thursday as he was giving the other guy until Wednesday:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 8:01:21 PM Eastern Standard Time

Trent,
Any word?
Thanks
Jeff

And this is what I get late thursday night:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 17:08:34 -0800

The guy in Thailand lost touch so I went to the next guy this morning and he has already sent me the money. So they are sold. Sorry.

Trent

Hows that for business!! I was the next guy. I kept in touch without harassing him. I told him I would take them. Now one little interesting detail to this. He originally posted them for $120.00...both here and at the Meyers Manx forum. AFTER I contacted him, and AFTER he responded to my inquiry saying they were mine he bumped the price to $200, with the caveat that "if you haven't already contacted me". My guess....he found someone to pay $200. He has pulled the ad here so I can't post the link to it, unless someone can tell me if there is a record somewhere. So if you bought these carbs let me know if you paid $200. Either way...thats just lousy business.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: