Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
[email protected] does bad business......
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dr. awsome
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 27, 2011
View user's profile   View user's ads
Author Message
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator


Joined: April 11, 2000
Posts: 66283
Location: Phoenix, AZ
EverettB is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Guidelines for posting feedback:
"People who would like to offer advice or opinions may do so but it must be related to a specific transaction."

Anyone can offer advice, as long as it is constructive, no posts like "Yeah, he totally ripped you off!!!," threats, or posts that nothing to do with the transaction at hand.
_________________
How to Post Photos
Everett Barnes - [email protected] | My wanted ads
"Water is the only drink for a wise man" | "Communication prevents complaints"
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul Wilson
Samba Member


Joined: August 30, 2003
Posts: 608

Paul Wilson is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carbaholic wrote:
Quote:
A forum is a discussion for all, not just a feedback about a transaction.


Please note the title of this forum: Buyer and Seller Feedback. This is specifically a feedback discussion forum, any passerby throwing in his two cents hurts the credibility of the information available.

Quote:
If you felt that way why did you get involved? Was this a threeway transaction ? Ebay would not permitted you to post on the transaction feedback. The Ebay system also has its faults, as disgruntled people can post untrue statements and hurt a persons rating score no mater who is at fault.


You have a point here, I would not have been allowed to post feedback if it were an Ebay transaction and the Ebay feedback system definitely has its drawbacks.

I got involved because the ill feelings generated from this post turned into ill feelings towards me and my brother in other areas of the website. The ill feelings towards me were because I am Doc's brother, not because I had anything to do with the original transaction. I had no idea what was going on or why people were writing mean things about me for until DONT put a link to this post in a comment he made to me in an unrelated thread.

Quote:
This site allows and promotes discusions, permitting different views of the issue. This allows both parties to see where they made mistakes. I for one have learned a great deal from this forum.


Discussion is good and useful as long as it is between parties involved that have well informed comments. Like I said above, the comments of outside parties that had nothing to do with the transaction were not helpful or informative, they just made everyone mad at me and my brother.

The end result is that Dr. Awsome can be slow and he did not handle the situation well at all, but if you look at most of the outside comments, they had to do with him being a thief, a scumbag, dishonest or other such things that just are not true.

Carbo


Mabe Everett would like to clairfy the issue. I am not convienced that a thread in this forum is limited to only the buyer's and sellers in a certain thread. I do agree that some people do get caught up in the moment or make a rush to judgement. Sometimes it takes pressure from the Samba community to get an issue resolved. You admitted yourself that was the reason this issue was resolved. I doubt if it would have been resolved otherwise.
Paul
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sammyphsyco
Samba Member


Joined: August 07, 2005
Posts: 1093
Location: Terry Cloyd's neighbor
sammyphsyco is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOK DR.A got caught playing dirty!!!! The more you try to talk his way out makes you look bad as well. Where is He in all of this latley ? The best thing you could do is let this thread die and hope it never comes up again. Just reading this makes my blood boil, you guys are lucky nothing more has come of this than a tarnished image on "The Samba". Your brothers actions on here are criminal!
_________________
sammyphsyco wrote:
Your just jealous the voices are talking to me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carbaholic
Samba Member


Joined: April 10, 2005
Posts: 134
Location: Provo, UT
carbaholic is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A forum is a discussion for all, not just a feedback about a transaction.


Please note the title of this forum: Buyer and Seller Feedback. This is specifically a feedback discussion forum, any passerby throwing in his two cents hurts the credibility of the information available.

Quote:
If you felt that way why did you get involved? Was this a threeway transaction ? Ebay would not permitted you to post on the transaction feedback. The Ebay system also has its faults, as disgruntled people can post untrue statements and hurt a persons rating score no mater who is at fault.


You have a point here, I would not have been allowed to post feedback if it were an Ebay transaction and the Ebay feedback system definitely has its drawbacks.

I got involved because the ill feelings generated from this post turned into ill feelings towards me and my brother in other areas of the website. The ill feelings towards me were because I am Doc's brother, not because I had anything to do with the original transaction. I had no idea what was going on or why people were writing mean things about me for until DONT put a link to this post in a comment he made to me in an unrelated thread.

Quote:
This site allows and promotes discusions, permitting different views of the issue. This allows both parties to see where they made mistakes. I for one have learned a great deal from this forum.


Discussion is good and useful as long as it is between parties involved that have well informed comments. Like I said above, the comments of outside parties that had nothing to do with the transaction were not helpful or informative, they just made everyone mad at me and my brother.

The end result is that Dr. Awsome can be slow and he did not handle the situation well at all, but if you look at most of the outside comments, they had to do with him being a thief, a scumbag, dishonest or other such things that just are not true.

Carbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sammyphsyco
Samba Member


Joined: August 07, 2005
Posts: 1093
Location: Terry Cloyd's neighbor
sammyphsyco is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Wilson wrote:
A forum is a discussion for all, not just a feedback about a transaction. If you felt that way why did you get involved? Was this a threeway transaction ? Ebay would not permitted you to post on the transaction feedback. The Ebay system also has its faults, as disgruntled people can post untrue statements and hurt a persons rating score no mater who is at fault. This site allows and promotes discusions, permitting different views of the issue. This allows both parties to see where they made mistakes. I for one have learned a great deal from this forum.
Paul



well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________
sammyphsyco wrote:
Your just jealous the voices are talking to me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bajaherbie
Samba Sooner


Joined: November 27, 2003
Posts: 2985
Location: altus, oklahoma
bajaherbie is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its about time DonT got his money back........
_________________
blank
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul Wilson
Samba Member


Joined: August 30, 2003
Posts: 608

Paul Wilson is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A forum is a discussion for all, not just a feedback about a transaction. If you felt that way why did you get involved? Was this a threeway transaction ? Ebay would not permitted you to post on the transaction feedback. The Ebay system also has its faults, as disgruntled people can post untrue statements and hurt a persons rating score no mater who is at fault. This site allows and promotes discusions, permitting different views of the issue. This allows both parties to see where they made mistakes. I for one have learned a great deal from this forum.
Paul
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carbaholic
Samba Member


Joined: April 10, 2005
Posts: 134
Location: Provo, UT
carbaholic is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some strange issues cause I sent the refund from China, but it finally went through.

A lot of nasty things were said in this post that were not true. I think there should be some rule in this forum that feedback can only be posted by those involved in a transaction. Letting people who are not involved post on this thread turned it into a mean spirited flame war that it shouldn't have been.

Ebay only lets people involved in a transaction post feedback, this forum should have the same rules.

Carbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DONT
Samba Member


Joined: October 19, 2006
Posts: 338
Location: Gilbert, AZ
DONT is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, finally completed the refund. Thank you Carbo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
DONT
Samba Member


Joined: October 19, 2006
Posts: 338
Location: Gilbert, AZ
DONT is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news to all! My faith to some has been restored. Carbo has sent me a refund through paypal. (unfortunatly they are holding the funds thinking fraud) But Carbo has come through.

Thank you,
Don
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
cobhc619
Samba Member


Joined: November 09, 2005
Posts: 280
Location: SD, California
cobhc619 is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONT wrote:


His response on 3/27, my prompting on 3/30 and his response on 4/1
I have the leafs and the shocks sitting next to me right now. I'll ship them in the morning and gine you the tracking number. Once again sorry that it's taken so long. I hope I havn't slowed you progress of your project to much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Now upset I wrote: on 5/24
Well…………Still no parts!!!!!!!!



I think you need to file a claim with the post office, refund my money and collect the insurance from USPS for the parts. Almost 4 months now.

I have been more than fair, but I am done.



I expect to hear from you by tomorrow, Friday.

Don


His response on 5/24
I shipped the parts. My end of the deal has been done. If you would like to track them down yourself that is fine. If they were lost in shipping that is not my fault.

I responded 5/24
SEND ME A COPY OF THE RECEIPT FOR SHIPPING.

He responded:
I'll do my best to find it but I'm pretty sure I threw it out.


On 5/25/07, Don Thompson <[email protected] > wrote:
SEND ME A COPY OF THE RECEIPT FOR SHIPPING.



Dr A. knows about tracking numbers. He "had" delivery confirmation its just that he "threw it out".
_________________
1970 Baja
1973 Westy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bajaherbie
Samba Sooner


Joined: November 27, 2003
Posts: 2985
Location: altus, oklahoma
bajaherbie is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delivery confirmation has gone up to 65 cents Shocked

last saturday i mailed some coil-over springs and went with the delivery confirmation after reading this thread.
_________________
blank
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Motochris
Samba Member


Joined: March 08, 2007
Posts: 192

Motochris is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carbaholic wrote:


I take a lot of pride in my personal integrity and I hope that you guys can see that I've done all I can. Please don't ruin my name because my brother's made some mistakes.

Carbo


I appreciate you stepping up to help resolve this. I have no problem whatsoever with you personally. Thanks.
_________________
www.F-O-A.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
DONT
Samba Member


Joined: October 19, 2006
Posts: 338
Location: Gilbert, AZ
DONT is offline 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carbaholic wrote:
Quote:
Whoever it was that needs the money, PM me and fill me in. I'm his brother, I just found out he's in this pinch, and I'll help out.


DONT has PM's me and we're working it out. I disagree with the way Doc's dealt with this too, but it's because he's inexperienced, not because he's a criminal. I'd appreciate a stop to the nasty comments for a few days until we've worked this out with DONT.

I've made a promise to DONT and I'll hold up to it. I can understand why you guys might not want to buy from Doc because he was so slow and he hasn't dealt with the situation well, but DONT will be treated fairly in the very near future.

I take a lot of pride in my personal integrity and I hope that you guys can see that I've done all I can. Please don't ruin my name because my brother's made some mistakes.

Carbo


Carbo has contacted me, and I will update this thread when we get this situation resolved.
Don
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
carbaholic
Samba Member


Joined: April 10, 2005
Posts: 134
Location: Provo, UT
carbaholic is offline 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whoever it was that needs the money, PM me and fill me in. I'm his brother, I just found out he's in this pinch, and I'll help out.


DONT has PM's me and we're working it out. I disagree with the way Doc's dealt with this too, but it's because he's inexperienced, not because he's a criminal. I'd appreciate a stop to the nasty comments for a few days until we've worked this out with DONT.

I've made a promise to DONT and I'll hold up to it. I can understand why you guys might not want to buy from Doc because he was so slow and he hasn't dealt with the situation well, but DONT will be treated fairly in the very near future.

I take a lot of pride in my personal integrity and I hope that you guys can see that I've done all I can. Please don't ruin my name because my brother's made some mistakes.

Carbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blu Bug
Samba Member


Joined: September 12, 2006
Posts: 522
Location: Sacramento, California
Blu Bug is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread sure was an eye opener! Excuses are a dime a dozen. A man handles his affairs with honor or he is no man at all. This dr awsome "boy" should be banned from posting until he makes good his debts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paul Wilson
Samba Member


Joined: August 30, 2003
Posts: 608

Paul Wilson is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really sad but a lot of people think their responsibility ends when they ship the goods.
Paul
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randy in Maine
Samba Member


Joined: August 03, 2003
Posts: 34890
Location: The Beach
Randy in Maine is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To ironically quote Rober Blake of "Baretta" fame....

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

Alert the Utah Attorney General Fraud Divison. He will get his day in court. Just maybe he will learn something out of this deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DONT
Samba Member


Joined: October 19, 2006
Posts: 338
Location: Gilbert, AZ
DONT is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Chris, looks like I will be ordering front shocks from you, at least my shocks will all match Confused Amazing the shipping company didn't lose the shocks I bought from you guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
Motochris
Samba Member


Joined: March 08, 2007
Posts: 192

Motochris is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's his piss poor attitude of "Too bad for you" that is what's pissing people off. He hasn't said a single thing about taking care of the problem.....his response is "It's not my problem".
Until he can be man enough to say it IS his fault and he's going to do something about it, he's a SCUMBAG.
This thread has spread to other sites as well. I sure hope it was worth it.
_________________
www.F-O-A.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB