Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected] does bad business......
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dr. awsome
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 27, 2011
bajaherbie
Samba Sooner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delivery confirmation has gone up to 65 cents Shocked

last saturday i mailed some coil-over springs and went with the delivery confirmation after reading this thread.
cobhc619
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONT wrote:

His response on 3/27, my prompting on 3/30 and his response on 4/1
I have the leafs and the shocks sitting next to me right now. I'll ship them in the morning and gine you the tracking number. Once again sorry that it's taken so long. I hope I havn't slowed you progress of your project to much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now upset I wrote: on 5/24
Well…………Still no parts!!!!!!!!

I think you need to file a claim with the post office, refund my money and collect the insurance from USPS for the parts. Almost 4 months now.

I have been more than fair, but I am done.

I expect to hear from you by tomorrow, Friday.

Don

His response on 5/24
I shipped the parts. My end of the deal has been done. If you would like to track them down yourself that is fine. If they were lost in shipping that is not my fault.

I responded 5/24
SEND ME A COPY OF THE RECEIPT FOR SHIPPING.

He responded:
I'll do my best to find it but I'm pretty sure I threw it out.

On 5/25/07, Don Thompson <[email protected] > wrote:
SEND ME A COPY OF THE RECEIPT FOR SHIPPING.

Dr A. knows about tracking numbers. He "had" delivery confirmation its just that he "threw it out".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DONT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news to all! My faith to some has been restored. Carbo has sent me a refund through paypal. (unfortunatly they are holding the funds thinking fraud) But Carbo has come through.

Thank you,
Don
DONT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, finally completed the refund. Thank you Carbo.
carbaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some strange issues cause I sent the refund from China, but it finally went through.

A lot of nasty things were said in this post that were not true. I think there should be some rule in this forum that feedback can only be posted by those involved in a transaction. Letting people who are not involved post on this thread turned it into a mean spirited flame war that it shouldn't have been.

Ebay only lets people involved in a transaction post feedback, this forum should have the same rules.

Carbo
Paul Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A forum is a discussion for all, not just a feedback about a transaction. If you felt that way why did you get involved? Was this a threeway transaction ? Ebay would not permitted you to post on the transaction feedback. The Ebay system also has its faults, as disgruntled people can post untrue statements and hurt a persons rating score no mater who is at fault. This site allows and promotes discusions, permitting different views of the issue. This allows both parties to see where they made mistakes. I for one have learned a great deal from this forum.
Paul
bajaherbie
Samba Sooner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its about time DonT got his money back........
sammyphsyco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Wilson wrote:
A forum is a discussion for all, not just a feedback about a transaction. If you felt that way why did you get involved? Was this a threeway transaction ? Ebay would not permitted you to post on the transaction feedback. The Ebay system also has its faults, as disgruntled people can post untrue statements and hurt a persons rating score no mater who is at fault. This site allows and promotes discusions, permitting different views of the issue. This allows both parties to see where they made mistakes. I for one have learned a great deal from this forum.
Paul

well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carbaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A forum is a discussion for all, not just a feedback about a transaction.

Please note the title of this forum: Buyer and Seller Feedback. This is specifically a feedback discussion forum, any passerby throwing in his two cents hurts the credibility of the information available.

Quote:
If you felt that way why did you get involved? Was this a threeway transaction ? Ebay would not permitted you to post on the transaction feedback. The Ebay system also has its faults, as disgruntled people can post untrue statements and hurt a persons rating score no mater who is at fault.

You have a point here, I would not have been allowed to post feedback if it were an Ebay transaction and the Ebay feedback system definitely has its drawbacks.

I got involved because the ill feelings generated from this post turned into ill feelings towards me and my brother in other areas of the website. The ill feelings towards me were because I am Doc's brother, not because I had anything to do with the original transaction. I had no idea what was going on or why people were writing mean things about me for until DONT put a link to this post in a comment he made to me in an unrelated thread.

Quote:
This site allows and promotes discusions, permitting different views of the issue. This allows both parties to see where they made mistakes. I for one have learned a great deal from this forum.

Discussion is good and useful as long as it is between parties involved that have well informed comments. Like I said above, the comments of outside parties that had nothing to do with the transaction were not helpful or informative, they just made everyone mad at me and my brother.

The end result is that Dr. Awsome can be slow and he did not handle the situation well at all, but if you look at most of the outside comments, they had to do with him being a thief, a scumbag, dishonest or other such things that just are not true.

Carbo
sammyphsyco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOK DR.A got caught playing dirty!!!! The more you try to talk his way out makes you look bad as well. Where is He in all of this latley ? The best thing you could do is let this thread die and hope it never comes up again. Just reading this makes my blood boil, you guys are lucky nothing more has come of this than a tarnished image on "The Samba". Your brothers actions on here are criminal!
Paul Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carbaholic wrote:
Quote:
A forum is a discussion for all, not just a feedback about a transaction.

Please note the title of this forum: Buyer and Seller Feedback. This is specifically a feedback discussion forum, any passerby throwing in his two cents hurts the credibility of the information available.

Quote:
If you felt that way why did you get involved? Was this a threeway transaction ? Ebay would not permitted you to post on the transaction feedback. The Ebay system also has its faults, as disgruntled people can post untrue statements and hurt a persons rating score no mater who is at fault.

You have a point here, I would not have been allowed to post feedback if it were an Ebay transaction and the Ebay feedback system definitely has its drawbacks.

I got involved because the ill feelings generated from this post turned into ill feelings towards me and my brother in other areas of the website. The ill feelings towards me were because I am Doc's brother, not because I had anything to do with the original transaction. I had no idea what was going on or why people were writing mean things about me for until DONT put a link to this post in a comment he made to me in an unrelated thread.

Quote:
This site allows and promotes discusions, permitting different views of the issue. This allows both parties to see where they made mistakes. I for one have learned a great deal from this forum.

Discussion is good and useful as long as it is between parties involved that have well informed comments. Like I said above, the comments of outside parties that had nothing to do with the transaction were not helpful or informative, they just made everyone mad at me and my brother.

The end result is that Dr. Awsome can be slow and he did not handle the situation well at all, but if you look at most of the outside comments, they had to do with him being a thief, a scumbag, dishonest or other such things that just are not true.

Carbo

Mabe Everett would like to clairfy the issue. I am not convienced that a thread in this forum is limited to only the buyer's and sellers in a certain thread. I do agree that some people do get caught up in the moment or make a rush to judgement. Sometimes it takes pressure from the Samba community to get an issue resolved. You admitted yourself that was the reason this issue was resolved. I doubt if it would have been resolved otherwise.
Paul
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Guidelines for posting feedback:
"People who would like to offer advice or opinions may do so but it must be related to a specific transaction."

Anyone can offer advice, as long as it is constructive, no posts like "Yeah, he totally ripped you off!!!," threats, or posts that nothing to do with the transaction at hand.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: