Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Assistent
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo wrote:
Just bought the red Hazet assistant in the first photo for £50

Wink

Cool, check out the paint job and let us know if there is blue under there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WileyVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: HAZET ON EBAY Reply with quote

A seller named 0ne-eyed-duck or something like that is selling the Hazet Assistant daily on Ebay. It seems there is unlimited demand at the buy it now price of $750. I guess he is the guy that bought the container full??
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: HAZET ON EBAY Reply with quote

WileyVW wrote:
A seller named 0ne-eyed-duck or something like that is selling the Hazet Assistant daily on Ebay. It seems there is unlimited demand at the buy it now price of $750. I guess he is the guy that bought the container full??

I heard that one-eyed-duck bought up a load of the old German stock when Hazet introduced the new style carts and stopped carrying the old style in the catalog a few years back.....hey, wait a tick.....I am one-eyed-duck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Nessy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me the paint code for the blue paint as used on the Hazet Assistent?
I've just picked one up that is in dire need of a re-paint and really would like to get the colour right!......

Thanks.

Wink
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: HAZET ON EBAY Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
WileyVW wrote:

I heard that one-eyed-duck bought up a load of the old German stock when Hazet introduced the new style carts and stopped carrying the old style in the catalog a few years back.....hey, wait a tick.....I am one-eyed-duck!

HaHA thats funny shit! You should combine the names and call yourself One-eyed-Anchovy.
Oh and for all you that are thinking about getting one. Do It!! My Assistent has got to be one of the best tool purchases I've ever made. One-eye-ducks Buy Now price is still a great $ for these things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sloan, Thanks for the kind words.

I saw an ad pop up in the classifieds for used Assistents and wanted to point out that all the carts pictured in the photo are not made by Hazet. Notice the cart on the left in the front row has wheels mounted under the bottom tray, the trays are "thicker" and the uprights fold higher above tray. This is not a Hazet model, but looks like the thin Taiwanese knock-off. The wheel position, thick trays and thin gauge steel make for a poor quality cart. This cart can be purchased on eBay for less than $200 here in the States:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The cart dead center in the front that is missing its wheels is a Hazet cart and is an earlier model with the gray top tray. The one on the right is the most interesting with the blue knob, gray top, gray insert in the rubber bumper and the hole in the bottom tub for the optional stool. That is the earliest cart of the group. The two in the back have black tops and the later yellow insert in the rubber bumpers.

The full ad is here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=326618

I picked up a very early Assistent from Germany and it was just delivered today. It is the gray top, blue knob, 2 tray model with the lower case "a" in the Hazet logo making this cart from the 50's or early 60's. It has LOTS of patina and will look good loaded up with working tools. I will post photos when I get it together.
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
Hey Sloan, Thanks for the kind words.

No problem Jeff! Even if you did esnipe me a few weeks ago on that set of Hazet valve adjustment wrenches! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to say, I broke down and bought a Hazet Assistant a few months ago, and I am so happy with it it's unreal. I never understood the attraction for them, but now that I own one it is amazing how quickly and easily I can keep my tools organized, how quickly I can find the one I need, and how fast and simple it is to put the tools away again after I'm done. No more drawers for me, ever.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloans265 wrote:
No problem Jeff! Even if you did esnipe me a few weeks ago on that set of Hazet valve adjustment wrenches! Laughing

Sorry 'bout that. You don't see them come up that much anymore. Next to the Hazet timing tool I think the valve adjuster are the coolest VW specific tool out there.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coad wrote:
I just have to say, I broke down and bought a Hazet Assistant a few months ago, and I am so happy with it it's unreal. I never understood the attraction for them, but now that I own one it is amazing how quickly and easily I can keep my tools organized, how quickly I can find the one I need, and how fast and simple it is to put the tools away again after I'm done. No more drawers for me, ever.

Damn straight. The trays are at just the right height so when you are sitting in front of your engine all the tools are handy. Plus you have a nice sized mobile work station on the top.
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
coad wrote:

Damn straight. The trays are at just the right height so when you are sitting in front of your engine all the tools are handy. Plus you have a nice sized mobile work station on the top.

I like the fact that the tools go with me to the car. Not me to the tool box to the car back to tool box back to car.

My big box is all the way up in that garage. My assistent is right there. My friend who was a VW tech back in 70's uses his OG assistent on his drag car at the strip. Rolls is right out of his trailer.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my oldest cart. I believe it is from the early 50's based on the design of the wheel lock mechanism. It is definitely pre-1965 because it has the lower case "a" in the Hazet logo. The other early features include the Continental tires, the single intermediary tray, the single blue knob and the fixed uprights.

coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff

Post some photos or tell us abou the accessories that hazet has made over the years for these.

I would like to know about the lamp and the tray inserts and all that good stuff.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coad wrote:
Jeff

Post some photos or tell us abou the accessories that hazet has made over the years for these.

I would like to know about the lamp and the tray inserts and all that good stuff.

Coad, here is a scan from the 1963 catalog. In addition to the lamp, tool, and tray dividers, Hazet also sold window pane holders (a t-bar shaped assembly that fit into the top of the knobs with suction cups on the upper side) that were used to hold auto glass.

IN2VWS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scan from a 1956 catalog.

coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
Here is my oldest cart. I believe it is from the early 50's based on the design of the wheel lock mechanism. It is definitely pre-1965 because it has the lower case "a" in the Hazet logo. The other early features include the Continental tires, the single intermediary tray, the single blue knob and the fixed uprights.

Am I dreaming that I've seen Assistants with Continental whitewalls?
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a hand painted Zebra/Donkey in Tijuana but have never seen white walls on a Hazet cart....that would be cool though. I am waiting for BoxRod to lower and tub a Hazet cart.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told by someone that they eventually made them out of plastic. I have never seen a plastic one. Any comments?
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 0val wrote:
I was told by someone that they eventually made them out of plastic. I have never seen a plastic one. Any comments?

The newest offering has lots of plastic and at a retail price of $1,400+ it is a very expensive cart. I understand that the top tray and the end caps of the intermediary trays are plastic, as well as the casters.

All the more reason to buy the old style!

VWGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow those are some expensive carts! I bought a "caddy" at the swap meet this weekend for $30... it looks to pretty much function the same except i dont think the poles fold down, which i though was silly... but hey it was $30... I havent cleaned it up yet... I bought it from some old guy that was selling off all his old VW stuff... this was my steal of the swap though! I just couldnt top myself after that!

i couldnt find any info on this box... it just says "Caddy" on the side... 3 trays and a rubber mat up top (which is all but destroyed). It has an old skool SCAT Enterprises sticker on it too.... but i can't clean the sticker or it will just bleach it out Sad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 62

Jump to: