Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Assistent
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: HAZET ON EBAY Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
WileyVW wrote:
A seller named 0ne-eyed-duck or something like that is selling the Hazet Assistant daily on Ebay. It seems there is unlimited demand at the buy it now price of $750. I guess he is the guy that bought the container full??

I heard that one-eyed-duck bought up a load of the old German stock when Hazet introduced the new style carts and stopped carrying the old style in the catalog a few years back.....hey, wait a tick.....I am one-eyed-duck!

HaHA thats funny shit! You should combine the names and call yourself One-eyed-Anchovy.
Oh and for all you that are thinking about getting one. Do It!! My Assistent has got to be one of the best tool purchases I've ever made. One-eye-ducks Buy Now price is still a great $ for these things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Nessy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me the paint code for the blue paint as used on the Hazet Assistent?
I've just picked one up that is in dire need of a re-paint and really would like to get the colour right!......

Thanks.

Wink
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: HAZET ON EBAY Reply with quote

WileyVW wrote:
A seller named 0ne-eyed-duck or something like that is selling the Hazet Assistant daily on Ebay. It seems there is unlimited demand at the buy it now price of $750. I guess he is the guy that bought the container full??

I heard that one-eyed-duck bought up a load of the old German stock when Hazet introduced the new style carts and stopped carrying the old style in the catalog a few years back.....hey, wait a tick.....I am one-eyed-duck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WileyVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: HAZET ON EBAY Reply with quote

Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo wrote:
Just bought the red Hazet assistant in the first photo for £50

Wink

Cool, check out the paint job and let us know if there is blue under there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gizmo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought the red Hazet assistant in the first photo for £50

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gizmo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really interesting. I love the photos of the mechanics using the Hazet Assistants working on the Beetles. Wink
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you were to repaint one- does anyone know the paint-codes? (light blue, dark blue, yellow)
The real deal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo
I can see the blue paint on the middle tray at the back.
Looks like some body has gone mad with a can of paint and a big brush!
I bet it would be a nightmare to repaint one,even if it was in good nick when you stripped it.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased 50 of these from a guy in Germany. I have one now here in the US but you can never have enough Twisted Evil

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloans265 wrote:
Anchovy you da man! The keychain rocks. Thanks again for it. The foto in the ad doesn't show the detail. Hate to use it but it is a keychain. Use it for the locks on my 190L and my assistent.

Cool, glad you like it. Here is another image of the key chain that is more detailed. Its neat how both sides are detailed and each image works on the same silhouette.

sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchovy you da man! The keychain rocks. Thanks again for it. The foto in the ad doesn't show the detail. Hate to use it but it is a keychain. Use it for the locks on my 190L and my assistent.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first photo is a Hazet built assistent, the second one is not. Your question about a red cart got me wondering so I called my Hazet contact in Germany. They do build and sell a red cart as a private labelled item to a customer in Mexico. They paint it red in Germany at the factory. The newer carts have the Hazet label removed an are marked with the Mexican companies name, "Arriba" or something like that.

Notice how the second caret does not have the rubber trim bumpers and the trays are a different shape, from a different mold.

Hope this helps.
gizmo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found two pics:

AND

in thesamba Gallery

Any help muchly appreciated.

Wink

Miles.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo wrote:
Hello, Can someone please tell me if there is a difference between the Blue Hazet Assistant Toolbox, and the red Hazet Assistant Toolbox ?

Wink

thanks

Miles.

I have never seen a Hazet built tool box that was red from the factory. There are a few copies out there. There is a dark blue metalic tool cart that is made in Eastern Europe that is often posted for sale as a Hazet Assistent, but it is a forgery. Hazet puts their name and logo on all their carts so this is one way to check. Most all of their carts have "Made in Germany" stamped into the bottom tray. I have also seen fakes with the spelling of "Assitant" in English, rather than "Assistent" with German spelling. The reproductions/fakes are thinner gauge steel and overall of much lesser quality.

If you have a photo of the red cart in question we can try to identify it.
gizmo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Can someone please tell me if there is a difference between the Blue Hazet Assistant Toolbox, and the red Hazet Assistant Toolbox ?

Wink

thanks

Miles.
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another tip is related to the age of the cart. The older style uprights have knobs that are threaded. The newer carts do not so lifting and releasing the trays takes a slightly different technique.

For the old style carts you need to unscrew the knobs a bit before lifting the tray to the top position. Once the tray is up, then you tighten down the knobs and the top tray is held securely in place. To lower the tray you need to back off the knobs so there is less tension of the levers under the tray which release the pins that go into holes on the uprights. (Henrik, I think your knobs may be tight because my girlishly weak fingers have no problem pulling the levers. Try to loosen your knobs.)

For the new style carts the same general rules apply but the knobs are fixed so you don't have to worry about that step. The top tray stays stable on newer carts because the tray slides on a closer tolerance bushing the fits fairly snug around the upright.

Confused now?
HenrikL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloans265 wrote:
Hey HenrikL, feel under the shelf on the edge by pole. You take your finger and pull out pin on flat "spring". Then it will go down

Thanks! All of a sudden the Assistent became much more useful. Smile Those springs were pretty strong, but I guess that a 60s german mechanic had stronger fingers than a 00s swedish engineer.
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emiel wrote:
sloans265 wrote:
As a matter of fact I got half the cart yesterday! Got the box with the cart but waiting for the box w/ poles and wheels. I was starting to wonder what was up. I was under the impression that the cart would go out as soon as I paid for it. Looking at the mail tag it must have been @ 4-5 days later it went out. So when I get rest of it I'll try to post some photos. I got new digital camera for xmas, but files sizes are to big to post now. Gotta figure that one out!

Hello Sloan,

Good to hear from you ,and that you got 1 half of the package.The other one will soon arrive ,they were send out both the same time.
The reason that it was shipped out 5 days after the monney was send is because i get the monney on my bank acount ,and that takes 4/5 days,after i have the monney on my bank acount i ship out.

I cant wait to see your pics!!!!!

Oh yeah forgot all about that damn paypal delay. Thats cool. Just can't wait for it to show up so I can put it together!

Hey HenrikL, feel under the shelf on the edge by pole. You take your finger and pull out pin on flat "spring". Then it will go down
HenrikL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I have to ask....

I bought a old style non-folding Hazet Assistant november last year. Good condition, good price. The only problem is that I don't know how to use it. I pulled the "shelves" up until the top one clicked into place. Nice, but I do not understand how to release the "shelves" to pull them down. Anyone who can give me a hint?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 60 of 62

Jump to: