Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Assistent
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

A lot of attention is given to the Hazet round tool box. For the money I think the Hazet Assistent tool trolley is a much more practical and useful tool storage unit. It is super convenient to roll all of your tools to the back of your VW and have everything you need at hand and the top tray doubles as a mobile work bench. Here are a few scans of Hazet Assistent models through the years. Notice some of the details:

Early assistents have gray top trays and one blue upright knob. Later models have black top trays.
Early versions had an optional stool that slides into the lower tray.
Other options include a lamp and suction cup glass holder.
Early models only had 1 intermediary tray
The 166N has folding uprights
The 166TS has removable uprights that slide into tubes on the sides of the lower tray

Post your photos and note the differences!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Miguel Arroyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that sure looks cool. I wonder how many of them have ended up in people's garages. Cool
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one of these from Emiel. Sure its the newer version, but after 10 yrs of trying to buy the one my local VW mechanic has(he got it working at dealership) I gave up and this one. Next week I'm gonna go see a lady who's late husband worked at the dealership. Hopefuly she still has all his tools.

Even though its the newer version, Emiels tool carts are deal compared to what some here stateside are asking for same. Somebody advertising here on the samba wants $ 690 before shipping. I paid over $200 less than that shipped from the Netherlands. He's got almost 60 of these!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Naked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my Snap-On guy check the price on one of the trolleys last week actually, I had seen he had a Hazet catalouge. It was $1000. No Idea how much his mark up was though.

68' Vert
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloans265 wrote:
I just got one of these from Emiel. Sure its the newer version, but after 10 yrs of trying to buy the one my local VW mechanic has(he got it working at dealership) I gave up and this one. Next week I'm gonna go see a lady who's late husband worked at the dealership. Hopefuly she still has all his tools.

Even though its the newer version, Emiels tool carts are deal compared to what some here stateside are asking for same. Somebody advertising here on the samba wants $ 690 before shipping. I paid over $200 less than that shipped from the Netherlands. He's got almost 60 of these!

I tried to buy one from Emiel but he would never send me a new photo. He has 60 of these but only one photo....the photo he uses here and the one that he uses on eBay. Because he sells used carts I wasn't sure what I was going to get. Also, the Emiel cart in the photo does not have the folding uprights.

I am glad you are happy with yours, can you share a photo so we can see what you got? Does it have folding uprights?

Comparing one with folding uprights with one that has fixed uprights is like comparing a 23 window bus with a kombi, both are cool but the deluxe cost more to begin with and is more collectable.

Here is another one listed on thesamba for $300+ shipping. It is the straight upright version too:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten it yet. Will probably get it next week. Originally I was a little concerned about the purchase cause when I emailed him he said he only had 1 left. Then I saw ebay ad. Watched it sell at buy now price then he relisted ad! When I finally got thru to him he said that he had had only 1 left but then got shipment from German army. Hopefully I'll be happy with it. I had seen the ad for the rusty one. Nice patina!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloans265 wrote:
I haven't gotten it yet. Will probably get it next week. Originally I was a little concerned about the purchase cause when I emailed him he said he only had 1 left. Then I saw ebay ad. Watched it sell at buy now price then he relisted ad! When I finally got thru to him he said that he had had only 1 left but then got shipment from German army. Hopefully I'll be happy with it. I had seen the ad for the rusty one. Nice patina!

He told me a couple weeks back that he had several. It will be interesting to see what you get. Hopefully it will be the old gray top version with a stool and everything. That would be cool. Post a photo when you get it.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many assistents can you guys count in these photos?

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Emiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
sloans265 wrote:

He told me a couple weeks back that he had several. It will be interesting to see what you get. Hopefully it will be the old gray top version with a stool and everything. That would be cool. Post a photo when you get it.

Hello Guys,

I have had more then 100 Hazet toolcars.
I sold more then 50 here in europe and i send out a container of 50 to the states,(so you will see them soon on the web for the well known prices)
The guy will sell them in the states and he got to me via this website.
Sloan contacted me right after i send out my last ones,and 1 week later i got 60 more,i think that this will be the last load i will get,i'm dealing now with another american guy who want's them all together.
I only want ed to help the small guy who didnt have the monney to buy one frome sommebody who want to make big monney out of it.
The big lots that i have sold to the us will also be sold for big monney i think,sadly.

Please post pics when you get your cars !!!
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love to pick one up- but priorites area everything.
Mattimus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, my car was sold from the CB Smith dealership in the top photo. Still has the original dealer badge shadow from the sun bleaching the paint around it.

But now back to the topic at hand....
Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mikko Heikkila
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know there were on the fifties Hazet Assistant version 160G (Grill) also Smile

Have few nice assistants, and one poor - so we made a barbecue grill from the poor one. That's not me on the photo, but he's my friend - drunk Finn anyway.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice barbeque. Are those 356 drums your using as stands!
Herbie3Rivers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man $1000 new. I had no idea they were that expensive.

2010 New Beetle Final Edition
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt
1999 New Beetle GLS
1983 Mercedes 300D
1974 Karmann Ghia
1972 Super Beetle
1970 Beetle Sunroof
1959 Original Herbie #6
1956 Oval

Three Rvers VW Club

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Visit Herbie the Love Bug at LoveBugFans.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
targa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original prices were not cheap. At 4 marks to the $, would have been an expensive tool cart.
Tom
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a photo I took a while back of my VW diorama....still in progress. I found HO scale Assistents from a company in Germany. They go perfect with the Brekina busses.

sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
Here is a photo I took a while back of my VW diorama....still in progress. I found HO scale Assistents from a company in Germany. They go perfect with the Brekina busses.

That HO tool cart is too cool! Please send me a PM as to where I can get one of those!
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the kit that has the tool trolley in it. It is expensive but I used the other parts and pieces in my diorama. Preiser, a German company, is the maker and they have the most finely detailed figurines and super small plastic parts that I have ever seen. The even have tools to go with the trolley.

http://www.discounttrainsonline.com/dto/item590-17186.html

I did some detail painting on the model trolley. I painted the uprights silver, the wheels black with a dot of silver for the hub. I also put a dab of blue and yellow paint where the Hazet logo goes on the side of the lower tray.

Did your real trolley arrive yet from The Netherlands? Post photos when you can.
Richard Roth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the Hazet sign on your diorama brings back memories.
While in Costa Rica I stumbled upon an old hardware store that looked like it hadn't changed since the 1950's.
What I'll never forget is the huge "neon" HAZET sign on the back wall !
I offered that guy everything under the sun for that sign but he wouldn't budge.
Maybe it's time for another trip !
Cool

1966 Empi GTV MKIV
1954 Kabriolett Beetle
1953 Porsche 356 1500S
1957 Cable brake standard model
1962 cable brake standard model
1956 23 window Samba
1960 Austin Healey 3000
1961 Corvair Greenbrier
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. No I haven't gotten the cart yet. Just PM'd emeil wondering when it went out. Can't wait to get it!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 62

Jump to: