Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Assistent
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
yellow zebra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

First, thank you rsbadura; your comment about cleaning up ‘simple’ paints versus more ‘complex’ paints is something I had not even thought about,but makes sense, will investigate. Appreciated.

Secondly, Mike Fisher, thanks for ingredient list of CLR, will check with reputable local hardware store if they know of a local ( South African) equivalent…

Thirdly, as you know, I have disassembled the entire 170 (?) Assistent HD trolley, including the now-loose bar contains the LOCK, and which has the actual ‘assistent’ writing on, so you know which piece I am referring too….

I was going to undo the 4 tack-welds to release the lock to take the lock barrel to a locksmith to remove the broken-off key stub AND to then allow powder coating the bar, anyone have A-N-Y idea in IF lock could somehow be removed and then reinstalled without grinding off the tack welds?

If I had decided to spray, then I could mask off the lock set, and just get the locksmith to extract the piece of broken-off key, but for powder-coating, it will need to be removed….

Thanks, all
Chris
yellow zebra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

...thanks, Mike Fisher - will try find a similar product to CLR here in SA; something containing Lactic Acid and Gluconic Acid...

Cheers
Chris
SplitBusVanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Just received my first ever TS.
All my other Assistents have had rigid uprights.
Delighted with it.
I have decided to clean it up as good as possible and use it in my little workshop.
Question: it is missing the blue knob. I can see the lower part still in the upright. It must’ve broken off some years ago I guess. Does anyone know where I can get a blue knob (even a black knob would suffice.)
They are considerably different to the normal Assistent knobs

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

nice find!
SplitBusVanatic wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a blue knob.

Nope - might be 3D printing could help today to solve this.
(or the more classic way, silicon form of the black one and blue epoxy Wink )

Did yours have the keys?
I'm still searching for the key form of my H236 lock. Can't figure it out by key picking tools till now. Crying or Very sad

regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SplitBusVanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

No keys.
Also H 236 code. Don’t know where to start looking for that.
Maybe a lock smith may be able to cut a key.

Might look into 3 d printing.
Delighted to get the TS.
Wanna get a 166N.
And then I’m done collecting them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yellow zebra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Update, wanting to Powdercoat my Assistent HD, rather than spray paint, I visited FOUR powder-coasters, 1st 3 unable to even vaguely match the original Hazet colour, but the 4th one had a colour-swatch that is oh-so-close;

VEP 5010 SEASIDE GLOSS…..

Will take 2 weeks to get colour made up and shipped down to me, will try and post colour comparison on here, but am very happy to finally find a ‘powder’ that close!
Cheers
Chris
Esurio1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:05 am    Post subject: Hazet knockoff? Reply with quote

Hello al,

I am new here but have been visiting to learn more about the hazet assistent line for a while. I now came across a supply of tools on "Dutch Craigslist" with a very off looking trolley on there.

It looks like a mix between the mini assi and a normal assistent. I suspect it not being hazet but maybe one of you know more about this. Sorry for the bad picture I asked the guy to send more.

Greetings Rick.
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet knockoff? Reply with quote

Hello Rick,
Esurio1 wrote:
It looks like a mix between the mini assi and a normal assistent.

It isn't useless... but, hmmm sorry, to me it looks like a no name product from a copy-cloner (of the already cheaper and light weight HAZET models like the yellow "HAZET Assi Popular 16" of the late 70s or the later blue and somehow more robust designed "HAZET 160 Mini Assi"-stent around 1982 till the 90s), but this in many details much more cheaply designed and made... use plastic where HAZET use metal, have sharp edges where HAZET folded the metal, .... When comparing the thin tent columns/pillars with a normal HAZET assistant: be careful that it doesn't bend with such a load Wink

But it should be also in used condition much, much cheaper as any HAZET Assistent... If you need one, why not.
But I guess it is no collectable item at all, sorry.

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Esurio1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject: Re Rsbadura Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick response, I already have a normal assistent which I got for a great price. Was purely out of interest, he's asking 180 for the lot which isn't too expensive considering there is some hazet and gedore tools in there.
But I think I'll pass on this if the cart ain't anything special.

Just seen another assistent on Facebook for 50euros which someone painted black I am gonna see if he still has it and restore that Smile
yellow zebra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

yellow zebra wrote:
Ok, very thorough reply, thank you.

1. I may need to then buy the tube-plate, to ‘restore’ my cart to functionality.
2. Nice idea of protecting the hole the leg passes through…

Will wait for some others to opine if they thought my cart was supplied WITHOUT the tube-plate, since the correct tube hole, through the side and through the vertical upright, are present.

I need to order in some rubbers from Germany, so may then order the tube-plate, if it is a available after-market?
Thanks
Chris

I have now sourced the 'Tube Plate' to receive the leg of the stool, as well a 4 dividers (I only had 1), and then the LOCKING BAR, just to make the cart secure IF/WHEN needed. So happy, now waiting for parts to arrive.
Cheers
Chris
Wout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

SplitBusVanatic wrote:
No keys.
Also H 236 code. Don’t know where to start looking for that.
Maybe a lock smith may be able to cut a key.

Might look into 3 d printing.
Delighted to get the TS.
Wanna get a 166N.
And then I’m done collecting them.

Trust me you're never done collecting them Laughing .
Awesome restorations going on here, kept mine mostly original or only removed respray if possible...

rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Wout wrote:
NTrust me you're never done collecting them Laughing

Impressive photo & collection Applause

my first opinion about the Hazet Assistent:
I like the tool cabinets as the 100, but a tool trolley that consuming space, no way.

Now there are two rare restored - and somehow looking for the next rare third d'oh!
Wout have some photos with something like a wall shelf for them... that might help...

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
Wout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Thanks, picture is taken few years ago, I now have a few more Laughing .

I indeed made a 'shelf' to get some more floorspace.

I have the 100 and 110 big A cabinets but also want a 130 Rolling Eyes . Buying a cabinet is not that difficult, filling it up with the right tools is a lot more difficult...

Wout

Ben3232
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Hi guys, I bought an old Hazet (60's or 70's). It was disassembled by the previous owner so I don't know what some parts are for. Can someone tell me what the parts marked in the picture are for?

rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Hello,

I can't identify all the marked either. Embarassed
the round one is possibly the bearing of one fixed wheel
(the screw and nut holding the wheel will otherwise retard it - so they only fix the round tube bearing and the wheel could rotate free)

I see at the top row
- 6 pins (for 162/166) fixing the 2 chains at the upper 3 levels

and at the bottom row
- 1 unknown round piece - could be a bearing of one fixed wheel
- 4 screws, washers and nuts for the 2 columns/pillars and before 1982 to fix the divider in the bottom box
- 4 unknown hook screws
- 2 short slotted screws with washers and nuts to hold the beam with the fixed wheels
- 2 longer slotted screws with (too small and missing) washers and nuts to hold the swivel wheels

lots of success with the project
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
Ben3232
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

The round piece and the 4 hook screws are exactly the parts I don't know what they are for either. The wheels are complete. It's not a wheel bearing. I'll take a better picture of it tomorrow when I'm in the garage. Very Happy
Ben3232
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

I figured out what the parts are for.

The round part goes on the thread in the blue/black knob. I think someone added the four hooks. They aren't original. There are four holes on the side.
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

So excited!

The Hazet Mini Assi 160 Trolley has arrived at the Station Ferreira.

All Aboard!!!

Link

Come visit my web site!
http://www.vwhippie.com
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Hello tj,

funny video... I think your Mini Assi is from around 1992.

You find the "HAZET Mini Assi 160" in catalogues from 1985 to 1992
(not in earlier 1979 - and not anymore in 2000 ones).

But your's has a round/oval sticker "MADE IN GERMANY", "DEUTSCHES WERKZEUG" (GERMAN TOOL) with a checkmark in German colors black/red/yellow - this you could find used by HAZET only at newer ones in 1992.
(not prior as in 1988)

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Awesome info and thank you for offering it.

I hope to get many years of good use from the Francis Of ASSIsi. haha

And thanks for watching the video too!

TJ

rsbadura wrote:
Hello tj,

funny video... I think your Mini Assi is from around 1992.

You find the "HAZET Mini Assi 160" in catalogues from 1985 to 1992
(not in earlier 1979 - and not anymore in 2000 ones).

But your's has a round/oval sticker "MADE IN GERMANY", "DEUTSCHES WERKZEUG" (GERMAN TOOL) with a checkmark in German colors black/red/yellow - this you could find used by HAZET only at newer ones in 1992.
(not prior as in 1988)

regards,

Come visit my web site!
http://www.vwhippie.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 58 of 62

Jump to: