Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Assistent
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MitchMotors
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Hey guys!
I came across a knock off Assistent that I was able to score for 10€ so I couldn't pass, even knowing it was a knock off.
I just used the rainy days we had to strip it and rebuild it as a Mooneyes tribute tool caddy.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I also was offered a bunch of lamps made by german manufacturer Rademacher that were available as additions to the Assistent. I collect those kind of lamps and have 5 different versions, mostly standalone ones for desks or on rolling stands with a table and sockets.
The ones that I can get now still have to be cleaned up and reassembled (mounting hardware is included but not shown in the picture, cables were cut). A few minor scratches and dents, but in an overall good condition after re-wiring. So I've been told.
Is there any demand for them? It's the later 161-5 type with painted shades and an extra reflector in the shade to get even better light distribution. From my experience with Rademacher lamps I'd say they date to 75-79.

They come from a VW dealership and were discarded around 2000/2001.
The dad of a neighbour bought some of the Assistents along with the lamps, sold the carts and forgot about the lamps. When my neighbour saw me carrying my latest Rademacher into my cellar, he told my about his dads lamps so I can now make him an offer. Not sure what would be a fair price, though. Won't need them for my collection as I just have this one fake Assistent.
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

MitchMotors wrote:
It's the later 161-5 type...

I don't think so - check out the HAZET catalogs 1967-79 at https://www.hazet.de/de/katalog-historie -
the black head with the switch on top was the same size as the tube from the reflector below this head - not smaller as in your case.
Rademacher build a lot of lamp types - also for big organizations as thousands of German Post offices - but not sure where this type was used.

Yes it is another kind of Rademacher lamp - somehow collectable items or parts donor,
but incomplete without their ankle and mounting bracket and not really for HAZET fans... sorry, difficult to estimate...

good luck and regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MitchMotors
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Those are just three of the lamps I can get. There is also one with a blank shade and one with a darker shade and the switch pointing forwards (that one has the logo from pre 64).
The mounting hardware is still there, just not shown on the pictures as my neighbour just grabbed the bigger parts for the photo.
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

MitchMotors wrote:
There is also one with a blank shade and one with a darker shade and the switch pointing forwards...

with dark shade and the switch pointing forwards could be a model used by HAZET from 1958 to before 1967 - or also a different one like your others.
Take a look at the HAZET catalogues at https://www.hazet.de/de/katalog-historie and photos in this thread here.

The blank shade one might be nearly similar and identical in construction like the one used by HAZET from 1967 to 1979,
but build after 1979 in the mid-80s or later and not used by HAZET anymore.
But I use this "163007" one too in my collection because of its good as NOS (new old stock) condition.
May be I switch later the shade to a painted one and use all other better parts of this. Wink

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CPL_Guimonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Are the new assistient trolleys made of plastic?
I see on Amazon the price is over $1000.
Im curious as how robust they are.
(o\ l /o)
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

CPL_Guimonster wrote:
Are the new assistient trolleys made of plastic? ...
Im curious as how robust they are

Which one? The "166 C"?
In the catalogue only for the bottom box "made of sheet steel" was explicitly mentioned.
I think the other levels made of plastic. At the top a wooden board that increase the weight over that of the "166 N".
Total load capacity (static): 300 kg (661 lbs)

The more classic "166 N" looks still like started in 1982 made of steel.
Total load capacity (static): 300 kg (661 lbs)

The big "179 NW" in box design and solid wooden table top (below that is also steel)
is made of steel: frame box, drawers, doors.
And not very thin - I had to drill a few holes and make cutouts to install some gauges, that was not so easy.
Only some protections at edges are plastic.
Total load capacity (static): 1000 kg (2204 lbs)
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
CPL_Guimonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

My latest aqusition!
I am gonna try to sand the black paint off. I wonder how durable the OG paint is that all I need to do is buff it out!
UPDATE! The trolley arrived today.Except for a few blemish here and there it is in great shape.A good cleaning and some small area sample tests to strip the black paint will ensue. It is flat black paint. The og paint is present on the bottom and it is way different from other trolleys I see on this page.
(o\ l /o)

Last edited by CPL_Guimonster on Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
yellow zebra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

CPL_Guimonster wrote:

My latest aqusition!
I am gonna try to sand the black paint off. I wonder how durable the OG paint is that all I need to do is buff it out!

I think OTHERS will chime in here, but I rather think that SANDING the black layer off should be your LAST option, and maybe a gentle paint stripper should be used FIRST, surely.

Good luck, whatever you decide!
Cheers
Chris
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

yes & no -

yes: I used a simple stripper in gel form from a common hardware store - also because I need to handle some first rust below the paint.
The colors of these Assistent are typical only simple 1 component paint, not as at cars robust 2 components, so stripper works well - then wipe off the residue with acetone.
But afterwards you have naked steel - that need to prepared.
My steps: (fat) cleaning, phosphate (as rust protection and thus metal gets a rougher surface so paint adheres better), prime, fill, final color paint...

no: the stripper did not remove only the added black paint - so this cause a lot of work.
So IMHO a bit of sanding and applying some additional paint over the added black pain(t) might be much easier and faster
for this late and not-so-rare Assistent (162N or 166N? starting in 1982) if you don't need the best end result and if this one need not some more rust removal...

BTW: chains, rubber and some more are still available as spare parts by HAZET (wheels too, but different modern design), see:
https://www.hazet.de/en/products/general-workshop-...sa1-i/font

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
yellow zebra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

rsbadura wrote:

BTW: chains, rubber and some more are still available as spare parts by HAZET (wheels too, but different modern design), see:
https://www.hazet.de/en/products/general-workshop-...sa1-i/font

regards,

thanks, I am actually looking for wheels for my Hazet Assistent HD 171 or 172, will make contact.
Cheers
Chris
yellow zebra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Much overdue update:

My Hazet 171 HD came out really well at the powder-coaters: I was pretty happy with the final colour, though clearly it is not exact.

Was unable to remove the lock mechanism after all, just too many tack-welds to be removed, to left it in-situ.

I do seem to be missing the slide-out tr/drawer; would appreciate any one posting a pic of a close up on the pull-out tray, if they will?

Then, I bought my THIRD Hazet trolley, a 166 'TS', with removable rms. It SEEMS to have a different blue, almost 'metallic' colour to it; was this ever standard, or has someone over-painted this one? If so, it looks very well done, though I can see a paint 'run' in the bottom tray...

More later
Chris
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

could catch my smallest HAZET Assistent for now: 4cm/1.6" height:
166N (no divider in the bottom tray) key fob / key chain / key ring - probably from the HAZET Club program at the end of the 1990s:

regards,
(still on the hunt for a very early model)
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
lasslo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

I have one of those in my housekeys and one on my buskeys Very Happy
Bought from Hazet mersh store in germany(online) for 10-12 years ago.
I think they where about 10 dollar each

Here it is for sale
https://www.samstagsales.com/hazetcl/hazetclb.htm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

lasslo wrote:
Bought from Hazet mersh store in germany(online) for 10-12 years ago. I think they where about 10 dollar each

Take good care of it - that's not a typical price today Wink

lasslo wrote:
Here it is for sale... samstagsales.com

no, read the page at the top - there is nothing of it to sale anymore:
"... we will no longer offer the Hazet Club items. We will keep this page as a reference in the event you find an older HAZET Club item." and "Copyright © 1997-2019".

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
cab2276
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

This is my collection oh Hazet assistent little “a"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Check it out . . . . Popcorn

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

@cab2276:
nice collection, respect Applause thank you for sharing the photos of it.
I'm still searching for a very early 160 model...was too late for some rare good offers Embarassed

@Hacksaw-BoB:
nice self made job Dancing
but this mascot is from 1972 - so your other earlier mascot and in-script with "Hazet" works better for this early beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458786

regards, Rolf
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

I found a way to import the new Hazet items. What is the demand for these here in USA?

I am trying to understand if people want the new type of Hazet assistants or only the old ones. Can I get a few of your opinions? Maybe you can message me so I don't fill this thread up with possible unwanted information.

Here is what I could sell them for if I did import them:
HAZET-No..: 166C $820
https://www.hazet.de/de/produkte/betriebs-und-werk...attwagen-i
HAZET-No..: 166N $775
https://www.hazet.de/de/produkte/betriebs-und-werk...attwagen-i
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
SplitBusVanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

So I need a key for my Hazet Assistent 166TS.
The Code is H-236
Has anyone got a key for this particular Assistent and this code.
Long shot. I know.
Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

SplitBusVanatic wrote:
The Code is H-236...

I'm searching the same key code since a year...

Have collected images of some others keys as:
H5, H13, H75, H105, H135, H176, ... but did not find any scheme for 236 till now.
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 59 of 62

Jump to: