Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What the HELL am I doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: What the HELL am I doing wrong!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Recently I posted about a deal gone bad with Dr. Awesome on some Kadrons. Basically I was second in line and he got "confused" so he sold them to someone who was after me in line. Someone made the suggestion I should use the "alert" function here in the Samba to be alerted to any future postings. I did that and a couple of days later a set of Kadrons come up from Jason at Suck It Easy Racing. It was posted at night and I responded the next morning east coast time. I said I would take them and asked for a shipping cost. 9 minutes after he tells me how much for the shipping the total amount was in his pocket. So this morning I get an email saying they were sold to someone else...I pay within 9 frickin minutes and they still get sold out from under me! How the hell am I supposed to buy anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the emails....read from the bottom.....

Sorry Jeff, they were sold before i got your payment. I will refund your paypal payment.

~~~~~~~~@ SUCK IT EASY RACING @~~~~~~~~~

-- [email protected] wrote:

Payment just sent via paypal (2:17 pm est on Feb 13, 2006) for $138.00.
Please ship as soon as you can.
Thanks alot.
Jeff

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:08:39 GMT
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - Dual Kadrons

Shipping will be an estimated $18, so total will be $138. PayPal is good with me. My paypal account is [email protected]

~~~~~~~~@ SUCK IT EASY RACING @~~~~~~~~~

-- "Jeff Parsons" <[email protected]> wrote:
A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=277261
and sent the following message:

Ad : Dual Kadrons

Jason,
I'll take your carbs. Let me know shipping to 01007 and if Paypal is OK.
Jeff

If you have been contacted by a scam artist similar to the ones
listed at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253
or have any other concerns about your privacy, please forward
this email to TheSamba.com at [email protected]

Regards,
Everett Barnes
http://www.thesamba.com

What the hell am I doing wrong! Twice in a couple of weeks I get screwed out of carbs. Is paying in 9 minutes not FAST ENOUGH! OK, one time maybe a mistake...but twice! Son of a B@tch!
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about timing it seems. It's just not your time yet. Cool
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, that blows. Confused

It's not you, Jeff.

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, you're not the ONLY one that's happened to!
Chris Hollaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope he is not. It just happened to me on a steering wheel. I asked for shipping and he gave me shipping. I sent a email saying I would get a money order and send as soon as he sent an address. Well, I get an email next saying it just sold. WTF. I always give the first person the chance, then so on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many sellers "panic" for the fastest payment vs the first buyer requesting it. I lost out on a part that I was "first" on the list also. Crying or Very sad
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welllllllll - Think about this - (pretend you are the seller) - "Ya, I really want those - I will send a check overnight" - Ok - cool, you think - In the meantime you get a couple others that really want it, but "sorry, sold them already".

Next day - no overnight check. Well, will wait one more day. No check - email "buyer" - Hey where is the check? Oh sorry, sending it today. "Oh, OK"

Next day - no check. Screw this - email other interested buyers, "sorry I bought another one" "Found one on Ebay at lower price" 'No thanks, don't need it anymore"

Email buyer again - "where is my check?" - "Oh yeah, sorry dude, got one cheaper on e-bay"

So - bottom line is "bird in hand is .........." Don't fault the seller - many of us have been burned by this kind of stuff. (And I sympathise - been in your shoes more than once) Andy
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:
welllllllll - Think about this - (pretend you are the seller) - "Ya, I really want those - I will send a check overnight" - Ok - cool, you think - In the meantime you get a couple others that really want it, but "sorry, sold them already".

Next day - no overnight check. Well, will wait one more day. No check - email "buyer" - Hey where is the check? Oh sorry, sending it today. "Oh, OK"

Next day - no check. Screw this - email other interested buyers, "sorry I bought another one" "Found one on Ebay at lower price" 'No thanks, don't need it anymore"

Email buyer again - "where is my check?" - "Oh yeah, sorry dude, got one cheaper on e-bay"

So - bottom line is "bird in hand is .........." Don't fault the seller - many of us have been burned by this kind of stuff. (And I sympathise - been in your shoes more than once) Andy

Yep. I've been in that movie before.
67jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenever i have bought from samba sellers i am upfront with them as to when i can send the money and the form the money will be in, usually a postal money order. i havent had a single problem yet. of course i have not gone after many rare, nos, really hard to find parts either. i did buy some berg modified dcnfs with manifolds and berg linkage (the most expensive and most desirable purchase i have made). there have been a few times that after email the seller to inquire about the part availability it was already sold. i have not been in a bidding war or have anything sold out from underneath me. if any seller were to do that to me they would not get any business from me at all no matter what they are selling. that is just bad business practices. its like going to the store and waiting in line for your turn and suddenly the checker decides he wants to help the person behind you instead of you.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the money order thing and andk5591's point, however, I paid via paypal 9 minutes after receiving what the total cost would be. Pretty amazing that something was sold in 9 minutes!
90volts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it time to just buck up and buy them from a parts house?
save yourself anymore hassle. the stress isn't worth it! it's only money.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I am in a pretty good spot right now. Its the dead of winter up here in the northeast, and my buggy hasn't been touched since I bought it late last year. Its not even close to driveable. In fact I haven't even dis-assembled it yet. My recent move has left me without a shop, and I won't be building my new one until early spring. Right now I am in purely a parts gathering mode. Picking up some sport seats from a Factory Five cobra kit this weekend. So no rush in getting parts. I can afford to wait. Come summer it will be a different issue.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN the Northeast too - Not a winter person myself BUT, gives me plenty of down time to fix stuff that doesnt need fixing LOL.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chris Hollaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have had people wanting some of the stuff I have for sale. They tell you I will get the money out tomorrow. Then you wait and wait and email them back with no response. After a few days it goes back up for sale. I will work with anyone, but I hate the ones that do waste your time and not send payment. Could at least send an email saying you don't want it after all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to the situation, My buddy Jason when he posted the carbs he included his phone #, so even though you might have been the first to e-mail him, someone else had already called him by phone and said that they wanted them, but payment hadnt been made, so mean while he responded to all the e-mails, so by the time he finished replying to the e-mails, the phone in guy had already made a payment via paypal. The reason he didnt reply to the e-mails with "already sold" was because the guy didnt say he was about send payment right over via paypal, but he did.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: