Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do yesterday on your buggy?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haus14
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I like those mirrors! I will check with the local Harley store and inter net and see what's available.
I have a pair of early VW round mirrors (door hinge mount) that I am trying to come up with a mounting system.

NICE BUGGY.
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Haus14 wrote:
I like those mirrors! I will check with the local Harley store and inter net and see what's available.
I have a pair of early VW round mirrors (door hinge mount) that I am trying to come up with a mounting system.

NICE BUGGY.

The 2 piece mirrors are old style and the new long stems come as a one piece mirror now. They might work but you will have to put the left side on the right and the right on the left due to the way they are bent. That's why the 2 piece mirrors work better.
I think you can still get them at JP cycle or for that matter you could find some steel rod the correct diameter and bend and thread it. If you use stainless rod it won't rust.
I just checked JP and I don't see long stems available. I found mine at a swap meet. I always look for them when I'm there.

You could also get the new one piece style long stem mirror and cut the stem at the upper bend then use that for the old style two piece mirror.

Thanks on the buggy......it's been an obsession....

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WMAGRU
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I finally got around to installing the competition stripes on my Buggy.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busted Knuckle Garage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

[quote="WMAGRU"]I finally got around to installing the competition stripes on my Buggy.

Buggy looks great!
aluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Took a cruise out to Red Rock Canyon.

andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I replumbed my fuel filler and vent line. The PO of the buggy had vented the tank from the lower vent return port, and even with a loop of brake line cut in, it still splashed gas when cornering with a full tank. He used heater hose for the filler burp line, and it was degraded from the ethanol fuel. I ordered the stock ‘74 Beetle parts from Wolfsburg and got it back pretty close to stock configuration. Much cleaner, vents as it should, and no gas drip or smell in the garage after spirited runs.

Out with the old

In with the new
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

made and mounted front mud flaps on Sportster

YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Peeled of the Green vinyl-back to YELLOW!

'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Yes!!!

Now I am curious... why?
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

first, I only did it to replicate what it looked like when my dad bought it in 1969 for the 50 years

second, vinyl wrap is good between 2-5 years depending on the quality of the wrap material and it's been a year and a half

third, my family preferred the yellow

fourth, I had the time and the sunshine to do it
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I did like the flowers though, have you thought about putting them back on with the yellow?
Rengroulx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Shortened my seat frames and ran my fuel lines to both carbs (still have to be clamped)

MrGoodtunes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

It looks like you have some high loops in brake line(s). Air bubbles will try to collect at high points, and may be difficult to bleed out from up there. Best to try and keep them sort of horizontal as possible. By the way, I love the chrominess of that clean new engine!

Rengroulx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

@MrGoodtunes Thanks for the advice! I bled the brakes last week without issues however I might have to modify a few for clearence..
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

I put the steering box on, took the steering box off, painted it, put the steering box on, discovered you can't install the steering arm after installing the box (have to do it while installing the box as the lower tube is in the way on K&L cars.) So I took the steering box back off, painted the steering arm and brought it inside to dry overnight, I guess today I will put the steering box and arm on the front beam, again.

I made a few other brackets and filler panels and painted them up too, plus spring yard work and a 20 mile bicycle ride, so the time wasn't wasted, still... d'oh!
gtrplyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

It finally drove out of the barn under its own power.

Still have a long way to go.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

That is a good looking Lithia Mark III buggy gtrplyr! I like the wheel choice and the tire stagger. I used the RZR seats in the 4th buggy I built and found them to be really comfortable.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
gtrplyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

You, Dale and bowtie were a lot of help, even if you didn't know it!
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Went for a cruise, decided to try the app I use for hiking, mountain biking and skiing...came out pretty cool...

https://www.relive.cc/view/vJOKX7pPk56
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
Rengroulx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do yesterday on your buggy? Reply with quote

Tuned my engine! Twas a learning curve

Link
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199  Next
Jump to:
Page 195 of 199

Jump to: