Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CB Performance
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: CB Performance Reply with quote

I placed the order on monday.

I got a call today (wed.) saying they miscalculated shipping, and they needed to charge me more.

I also feel that they were rather rude.

Not my mistake. I canceled my order, and will not be ordering from them again.

A shame, because I like the products I have bought from them so far.

You would think such a large company would take care of their loyal customers.
90volts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should be in the vendor section really. but anyway... the one time i used them i was happy. i would be happy if they called me and told me of the discrepency. some other places tell you one price and you don't realize its 20 bucks more until you get the parts or check your statement. happened to me recently for a part. 56 bucks. ordered through the web and nothing came up for shipping. knew it was going to happen but still- they should tell you ahead of time.
i would think you'd be happy with there being up front with you. as for taking care of a loyal customer. if something this minor has you never ordering from them again i guess you weren't such a loyal customer now were you?
MDmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I like to order from large companys, because they arent as prone to making rookie screw ups!

CB didnt start last year. I work with customers, and If I screw up, It is on me, not them. They dont have to come to me, and I respect the fact that they do!
seabeebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to start a cb bash but they told me I had to have a bunch of work done to my carbs for the turbo and wanted 400$ for it. I found out later this is not true and have since talked to no less than 20 people who did not do what cb said must be done and have never had any problems. they are running from 15 to 30 lbs of boost. that is a 400$ lie to me.

A better place to talk offroad
lostinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because people say they are running their carb/s without the modifications made to them does not mean it's right.
You didn't say what carbs you were considering using, but I would bet it's a set of Weber IDF's. You can run them on a blow thru turbo application without modifications but there will always be fuel leaking out through the throttle shaft bearings. This also causes a loss of boost.
Yes, it works....machining the carbs and installing seals to eliminate leakage works BETTER and is the right way to do it. It will increase the performance and the safety factor, should there be a float or fuel pressure malfunction that would blow the excess fuel out thru the shaft and possibly start a fire.

I have delt with CB Performance for 35 years and have always had excellent service with top notch parts. A company does not stay a leader in an aftermarket industry by screwing their customers.

Jerry....
seabeebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote ( it will spray fuel all over the and the float will crush) i said I was going to run only 6 lbs he said 5 will crush it . it will not work and i have to have the work done.. that was a lie to build business. so at 20lbs of pressure I see no spray and the float is still not crushed. bad business. there was no option .

lostinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these Weber IDF carbs that you are talking about? Are the carbs being utilized in a blow thru or draw thu application? Do you have pictures of you setup?
seabeebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostinbaja wrote:
Are these Weber IDF carbs that you are talking about? Are the carbs being utilized in a blow thru or draw thu application? Do you have pictures of you setup?
yes 44idf blow through no photos yet the builder Who builds turbo buggy all day is not done with it yet, i will post some when it is done? this Friday or next week sometime. Even the builder said there is no reason to do the work on the webbers as he has never seen a fire from them and there is not enough air leak for power loss, all this talk here on the samba is old book CB-P . Talk. And since there are usually 6 to 15 buggy's being built or repaired in the shop at all times and he never sends the webbers out for the work , I will believe the people I talk to and not what is said here because CB said so.
If my buggy burns up I will be the first to say so. but I think it is not going to be a problem.

vw (o\!/o) nut
Samba Member

Location: Wisconsin - Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used CB and got exactly what I wanted, and in a timely fashion.
I thought their dropped spindles were top notch.
No problems with price or shipping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SiggyManx#33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, $400 doesn't seem like a lot of money to pay if there was a small chance that my buggy wouldn't perform.

Even a smaller price to think that I could avoid bursting into flames.

CB has done fine by me........

Keep us posted SeeBee.....
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one person in CB's Customer Service that has a lackey attitude IMO, especially when it comes to smaller potatoes.
seabeebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no 400 is not bad. it was the point about the facts. . I built the turbo set up they sell for half the cost and most of the products I have are theirs and the other half is better than what they sell.

lostinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seabeebuggy wrote:
To quote ( . it will not work and i have to have the work done.. that was a lie to build business. so at 20lbs of pressure I see no spray and the float is still not crushed. bad business. there was no option .

Here you say "at 20lbs of pressure you see no spray and the float is still not crushed"

Then the next day you say: "yes 44idf blow through no photos yet the builder Who builds turbo buggy all day is not done with it yet, i will post some when it is done? "

I can't argue with that logic? Rolling Eyes

CB Performance, designs, builds and dynos turbo engines and are known internationally for their performance and dependablity. I will take the word of people with the ability to quantify their results with numbers and results, not the seat of their pants.
Jerry...
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance = poor customer service Reply with quote

MDmanx wrote:

I got a call today (wed.) saying they miscalculated shipping, and they needed to charge me more.

Let's hear a rundown of the conversation and how they were "rude" to you...It's hard to take this with much credibility when it's all purely generalities. No offense, but give us a bit more to go on? I've ordered from CB before with no problems and when I needed help they gave it to me. Just curious as to your experience...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I go to CB's I like to deal with the same guy that I have for awhile now....I will say the others are "ok"... and then there is one that won't honor what the others say....lol....that one, I like to avoid.... Laughing

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
myk648
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a not so pleasant experience with them this week too. It seems the salesman I was dealing with was fired from the company right after taking my order! He forgot to fill out half of my order and I had to jump through about 30 hoops just to get my carb kit shipped out...emails, phonecalls,... They didn't even apologizing for the mix up...made it seem like it was my fault. I'm definetly going to think twice before ordering from them again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a problem with ordering from them. Ordered a crank and some rods. Very nice products at a fair price. I was treated respectfully over the phone and the order showed up a couple days later.

On the flip side, I have never dealt with the shop so I don't know. All I can think of in the carb set up situation is the possibility for liability. If they don't do the procedure and your family is hurt or killed or a buggy/car goes up in flames then they would be open for a law suit because they know of the possibilty. I wouldn't pay the $400 either. But they have there business to protect and I understand that. Or maybe you are right and they are ripping people off. Just don't know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know every single person from CB Performance, from the founder (Rest In Peace, Claude) to the owner (Hi, Rick!) to the sales people, to the Shipping Dep't personnel.
I find it hard to believe that they would stay in business since 1956, and currently have a thriving business that is world-wide, if they had a habit of "ripping people off"...I mean, sometime in the last FIFTY YEARS, somebody would have found out....
I'd like to see some proof, before I concur with your accusation...

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance = poor customer service Reply with quote

MDmanx wrote:

I don't get it? Where's the bad customer service? They called to tell you THEY made a mistake on the shipping charge. Would you rather they just charged you for it?

No one got hurt here, they did exactly what they should have done.

Sounds like you are angry because you didn't get a reduced shipping charge. You have a right to be disappointed, but nothing more.
bim55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Claude's - CB Performance Reply with quote

If they've lasted 50 years, they must be doing something right.

I personally can attest to 30 years of what I would call very good service from them, maybe not perfect, but still pretty darn good compared to many others.

And yes, they have called to inform me that shipping is more than originally estimated, and I appreciated that call and respect them for the honesty and not just stuffing it to me.

Boston Bob E.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: