Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Welding equipment
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

https://www.cruxweld.com/welding-cutting-equipments/tig-250/

I could use inputs on either of these machines - single phase or 3 phase versions. Do the specs seem ok?

There is also a 200A version, would that be enough?
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

Never heard of that manufacturer, so I can't comment on quality. But, what about service if something doesn't work correctly?
200A is more than enough for anything you need to do restoring a car, IMO
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

esde wrote:
Never heard of that manufacturer, so I can't comment on quality. But, what about service if something doesn't work correctly?
200A is more than enough for anything you need to do restoring a car, IMO

They are a local manufacturer and have decent service according to someone I know who uses them. I was wondering more about the difference between 200A and 250 - if the 200A would be sufficient for most needs in the garage.
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
Lie2me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

New to welding, thoroughly searched this topic.

My handy mig will not feed, I believe I've narrowed it down to the liner. Hoping for some assist before I pull the liner and take it to AirGas.
From my understanding, they are universal; cannot find verification. Will order Lincoln if required, but I'd rather procure one locally without
the cost of shipping--$10 to ship a $16 part hurts my soul.

Thanks in advance.

Will the Harbor Freight VULCAN MIG Gun Liner (0.025 - 0.045 In.)
work with a Lincoln Handy Mig (Code Number:10919, 11205)
[Item #11 Liner PN: S25351-50]
tehillah1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

I'm kinda new to welding myself...been learning through research and grinding. I've got a thread over in the Oval forum... The 'Ol 55.
I've found some gems of info here on TS that have helped me along. I'm trying to accomplish what needs to be done with what resources I have. Currently only a Millermatic 175 so no TIG or spotweld, studweld capabilities. And self teaching/learning how to weld through what I can glean from anywhere I can get the info.
I recently watched this video for some insight into MIG welding body panels that just really helped me see the difference between TIG and MIG and where the applications differ...this guy's body work skills are top notch, everything from fabrication to dent repair...all of which I need to learn to get my old bug back on the road. Maybe someone else will find this useful. It's a little over an hour long with some fabrication, TIG and then MIG panel welding. The MIG welding portion begins around 52:30.

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Semper Gumby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

My "handy me down" 30+ year old Lincoln welder finally sh*t the bed. Since I rarely weld anything thicker than 3/16" and am a mere hobbyist at it, I selected Eastwood's MIG 140 (120v - inverter technology) which replaced its 135 series system. I had the dedicated 20 amp line already so it was plug and play for me.

Not too shabby for a value / affordable MIG. Plus, I liked the 3-year warranty which beat a few other systems I considered.

If you're a hobbyist at it and don't want to break the bank welding the VW - Eastwood's 140 might be a good pick.

Lotos plasma cutter (R) and Eastwood MIG 140 (L)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Semper Gumby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

My "handy me down" 30+ year old Lincoln welder finally sh*t the bed. Since I rarely weld anything thicker than 3/16" and am a mere hobbyist at it, I selected Eastwood's MIG 140 (120v - inverter technology) which replaced its 135 series system. I had the dedicated 20 amp line already so it was plug and play for me.

Not too shabby for a value / affordable MIG. Plus, I liked the 3-year warranty which beat a few other systems I considered.

If you're a hobbyist at it and don't want to break the bank welding the VW - Eastwood's 140 might be a good pick.

Lotos plasma cutter (R) and Eastwood MIG 140 (L)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

scrivyscriv Premium Member
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

Semper Gumby wrote:

I'm another Eastwood user, they make a robust and well designed welder. Around 2010 when I was welder shopping for the first time, one simply could not buy a mig welder with infinite controls on both wire speed and power for what, less than a grand? I finally decided on the MIG 135. After using it for about ten years, I recently replaced it with their 200 amp multi process welder and upgraded my bottle from an 80cf to 125cf. It comes with a 240v adapter plug so it's usable on a regular 120v receptacle.
I think the entry level gas-capable Eastwood welders will handle any hobby project like VWs, and beyond.
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

Anyone have a Amazon Yesweld tig welder. They start at $100 for a 145 and go up from there.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SparksLP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

Any good reason to step up to the Eastwood 180 from the 140?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

"Project Farm" did a nice comparison video of welders, from (IIRC) around $150 all the way up to $2200. He had a professional welder do the actual welding so the opinions seem to be valid. The biggest take-away for me is that the cheap welders had a narrower range of capability, i.e either they could do thick stuff or thin stuff better, but they didn't have the range of capability the $2200 welder had.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Welding equipment Reply with quote

johnnyvw164 wrote:
"Project Farm" did a nice comparison video of welders...
Ahh, I haven't seen his welders comparo. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Jump to:
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: