Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

kustom 1 - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Kustom1warehouse.net
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 31, 2024
chilasy2k2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: kustom 1 - [email protected] Reply with quote

i just got my new set of wheels from kustom 1 and i find out that the centers were not there so i stop bythe shop and i was told that they run out of it and that i actualy need it to talk to steward. so i did and the only thing that he said was that the centers should be there and basicaly said that it was my fould and that i lost it (and that is not true i literaly turn the box inside out )any way i didnt get any help from steward the only thing that he said to me is that i should contact the guy that make the wheels and this is in england (i think he should stand for the products that he offer) so my experiece was not good at all and now i have a set of wheels that look horrible, my advice do not buy from kustom 1
classictint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had nothing but good luck with Stewart.. sorry to hear about your bad experience.. just keep bugging him until he gives you the center caps.. good luck..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vujade
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 years ago I had a bad experience with Kustom1 as well.

I bought a whole bunch of items including a WCM Dash pad
for my beetle and instead of sending a WCM pad, I got one of
those really cheap flimsy pads. I called and talked with Stewart
and he told me to send it back (which I did in the same box
that he sent it to me in) and when it got there he said that I folded
it in half and put it in a smaller box. Didnt want to refund/credit
my money.

So I called WCM and ordered it from them. I found out from someone
at WCM that Kustom1 hadnt ordered anything from WCM in 4 months
because they were cut off from purchasing from them.

To make a really long story short, I ended up having to wait until
Stewart made a claim with UPS before he would refund my money
on the dash pad.

'67 Sunroof Notchback for sale
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to buy from Kustom 1. There prices are pretty good, but getting stuff from them would take forever. The last time I bought something from them, I asked them how long would it take to ship, they told me I should have it in 3 days, I was going to a show that week and needed the parts. I ordered on a Monday, I called them on Thursday cause I still didn't have my parts. They had yet to ship them. I cancelled my order and haven't ordered from them since.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KooK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not goina lie, I'm starting to get a little pissed off at Kustom 1, I ordered a set of SAW torsion bars Sunday the 7th (6 business days ago) and I go to check my order status and it's still "processing." I'm trying to call them up to see if they're drop shipping the order from somewhere else or what's going on and I can't even reach them on the phone, it's a Tuesday and I've been trying all day. I needed my car running by this weekend and I figured 2 weeks would be plenty of time, even if they had to get them from SAW.
KooK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got ahold of them that same day finally and they were great people to work with. Found out my order had been shipped and it was due to arrive that Thursday. HOWEVER the whole event I was going to was canceled due to waaayy too much rain (I don't care how good you are, we'd all be screwed), so it's going to be this weekend we go.

HOWEVER, SAW themselves screwed up in packaging the Torsion bars, I got 24 inch long when I ordered 26 inch. Kustom1 is calling up SAW tomorrow and I'm hoping I can get them over nighted so I can have them by Wednesday and work the bugs out of my car. I REALLY need them ASAP so I can measure what I'll be looking at for shock height and get those here yesterday.
flatfour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast shipping, quality product as described. Will do business with again.
Mini-t4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Bad experience here too Reply with quote

I purchased a complete (front and rear) disk brake setup. Both rear calipers leaked. I called to have them exchanged and was told they would be shipped right out. Great because this is a customer's car and was supposed to be in a show the next weekend.
Instead I get a Fedex guy showing up to pick up the bad parts. I didn't know so I didn't have them ready. He had to come back the next day, and I shipped the parts back.
Still waiting for parts so I call them and find out they are waiting to get the old parts back. WTF!!! :fist: I find out they are waiting to get the defective parts to ship the new parts. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN UNLESS I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO! Avoid them unless you have to.
kmichael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased complete (spindle to spindle) lowered front end from Kustom 1. Arrived as promised, well packaged, and in a timely fashion. Installed like a charm. Been driving for a couple of months now and couldn't be happier. I will be buying from them again.
kmichael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased complete (spindle to spindle) lowered front end from Kustom 1. Arrived as promised, well packaged, and in a timely fashion. Installed like a charm. Been driving for a couple of months now and couldn't be happier. I will be buying from them again.
Farfromstock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to tell you all the truth there great people, BUT THE SHOP HASNT BEEN THE SAME SINCE JESSE HARDIN, DON AT VEE PARTS UNLIMITED AND MANNY LEFT.. THAT IS THE TRUTH....

ive been going to them for years but i go in person im local... they even returned a broken scat lifer, new in the package the hole thing too.... my fault? but they still returned it no q's asked and no reciept i lost it

your loyal customer, ray rodriguez I love kustom1warehouse

dont knock it till u run it
people even come from san francisco to buy cause it cheaper to come down and buy than to get locally, and go back even after they pay for the gas and taxes its cheaper

Last edited by Farfromstock on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Farfromstock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if you want i can personally get the items from them and ship them for u if you paypal the cash, no waiting on them to ship
Jesse Hardin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farfromstock wrote:
to tell you all the truth there great people, BUT THE SHOP HASNT BEEN THE SAME SINCE JESSE HARDIN, DON AT VEE PARTS UNLIMITED AND MANNY LEFT.. THAT IS THE TRUTH....

ive been going to them for years but i go in person im local... they even returned a broken scat lifer, new in the package the hole thing too.... my fault? but they still returned it no q's asked and no reciept i lost it

people even come from san francisco to buy cause it cheaper to come down and buy than to get locally, and go back even after they pay for the gas and taxes its cheaper

I agree 100%. We had a pretty good crew at the time.
Farfromstock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Hardin wrote:
Farfromstock wrote:

damm the legend returns" havent seen u in a minute hows it been? hows ur boy doing? hopefully good! ill be at the races this weekend hope to see u there...
Farfromstock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewart should hire everyone back with raises! just hasnt been the same? reallly loved that crew best crew ever... stew u need a crew like them
Jesse Hardin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farfromstock wrote:
Jesse Hardin wrote:
Farfromstock wrote:

damm the legend returns" havent seen u in a minute hows it been? hows ur boy doing? hopefully good! ill be at the races this weekend hope to see u there...

Me and the family are good. Did you see me running the car on Sunday?
I need to get a hold of Manny. I miss that guy too! Me and Don still talk quite a bit.
Farfromstock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Hardin wrote:
Farfromstock wrote:
Jesse Hardin wrote:
Farfromstock wrote:

Me and the family are good. Did you see me running the car on Sunday?
I need to get a hold of Manny. I miss that guy too! Me and Don still talk quite a bit.

yeah seen you pass by when you made a runn, also got some pics of you in line with the car before lunch... talked with kathy from berg in pp class, said hi to a.j. seen elliot from blimp... got some good parts and crusied around checking out the rides and took some flicks... but been a minute since i seen mann? seen don a few races back didnt know he worked at vee dub parts till he told me? got a good hook up with them too
callmemaurice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a little concerned. Ordered a few things almost 3 weeks ago. Haven't even been able to get ahold of anyone on the phone to check a possible ship date.
Farfromstock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

callmemaurice wrote:
I'm getting a little concerned. Ordered a few things almost 3 weeks ago. Haven't even been able to get ahold of anyone on the phone to check a possible ship date.

its a chessey 3 man crew, stu, his daughter and her boyfriend i assume?
sxuxrxf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said before, being local may determine your experience. I've been in the shop countless times and Stuart and the guys have always been extremely helpful. Never an issue and the prices are great.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: