Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

kustom 1 - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Kustom1warehouse.net
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
callmemaurice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

callmemaurice wrote:
I'm getting a little concerned. Ordered a few things almost 3 weeks ago. Haven't even been able to get ahold of anyone on the phone to check a possible ship date.

Turns out I spoke too soon. UPS showed up about an hour after I posted.
Moral of the story is that if the order still shows "processing" it may actually be on the way.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
te1065
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Don't waste your time! Reply with quote

Spend your hard earned cash with a company that earns it! Kustom1 told me my part was in stock, 12 days later still no part and I live in California, It was lie after lie and given tracking numbers that do not exist! Now just waiting for a refund since they already charged my card. bought my part local at Buggyhouse in Hayward, super nice guy's! Spend your money local, stay away from online cons like kustom1!
seanboy69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Kustom1warehouse Reply with quote

Posted: Today 6:36 pm Post subject: Kustom1warehouse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had a couple small problems in the past but this is the last time they will get me!!!

Ordered a 150.00 order at 0830 on 1-21-11
Tried to email them twice to get a tracking number...A week apart on the emails. No response.

THEN after 21 days they finally sent me the tracking number. Oh an it was finally shipped out on 2-9-10!!!!! And I should see it around 2-15-11.

26 days after I ordered DONE with them

Will be giving more of my buisness to Car Craft.
1962 baha
2276 in progress
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73 KAFER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had any good luck Kustom 1, many other places to order from that are much more friendly and more accommodating, so no thanks, I do not need anything from them.

Mark
#3 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=775620Kafer-Cup vintage road racer
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prove me wrong but is Kustom1 the new Serrano's?
I've walked into Kustom1 when I visited all the cool shops in the OC, but Kustom1 is another big vendor for EMPI, and I don't mean the hot items the Vittone's were selling and successfully using!
tb03830
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, I am about the make a large purchase and have been researching prices, parts and companies. I came across the Company called Kustom1Warehouse and need some CURRENT input on the company. I see alot of info about them in 2007-9 but not much new. It seems like today people are updating though. It looks like they got their website up and running and the shipping part is also fixed but I see nothing current. Has anyone delt with them recently. I live in Kansas so it is hard for me to walk in.

1964 Convertible Bug - 1600cc SP engine with a stock H30/31 Carb and SVDA Distributor - Swing Arm Highway Flyer Tranny, Gene Berg's Temperature Dipstick, 2.5" drop spindles, 2" narrowed adjustable front end. Chromed OEM fan tower.
seanboy69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: kustom 1 - [email protected] Reply with quote

The parts are cheap enuff, BUT I dont think they have anything on stock. They seem to take your money an call china an get them to make the stuff an then stick it on a boat to be brought to the USA...might take a month or two to get your parts.
I will never buy from them again, see what Car Craft can do for you. They have treated me very good!!! And I am in PA so EVERYTHING I need I have to order.
1962 baha
2276 in progress
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I guess I'm blessed being here in So Cal. I try and check out there showroom and get a warm and fuzzy before I open my wallet. Kustom 1's showroom is full of the EMPI line of parts and I personally have been stung by EMPI's cheapo parts. But so many places I visit carry the EMPI line and fill up there wall space with their stuff. Bill
BGLOCOTE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: kustom1warehouse Reply with quote

Ordered the brake kit and the door seal kit called the next day to add a quick shift kit they threw it in the box and didn't add another shipping charge. My order came in 3 days I will do business with them again. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Exclamation

Looking for 54-55 TYPE 1 finger tin.

UNITED STATES SUBMARINE VETERAN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tb03830
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb03830 wrote:
Hey all, I am about the make a large purchase and have been researching prices, parts and companies. I came across the Company called Kustom1Warehouse and need some CURRENT input on the company. I see alot of info about them in 2007-9 but not much new. It seems like today people are updating though. It looks like they got their website up and running and the shipping part is also fixed but I see nothing current. Has anyone delt with them recently. I live in Kansas so it is hard for me to walk in.

Ordered a Spindle to spindle 2.5 drop beam and they got it to me relatively fast after I called them to remind them to put it together. Once I reminded then 8 days after I order it it was produced and sent to me. I had no real issues and they used real bearings not plastic.

1964 Convertible Bug - 1600cc SP engine with a stock H30/31 Carb and SVDA Distributor - Swing Arm Highway Flyer Tranny, Gene Berg's Temperature Dipstick, 2.5" drop spindles, 2" narrowed adjustable front end. Chromed OEM fan tower.
tb03830
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb03830 wrote:
tb03830 wrote:

Ordered a Spindle to spindle 2.5 drop beam and they got it to me relatively fast after I called them to remind them to put it together. Once I reminded then 8 days after I order it it was produced and sent to me. I had no real issues and they used real bearings not plastic.

All was built well when I got it. The 2.5 Inch spindles are beefier than most I have seen also. The steering dog bone was chrome and the main whole for the steering box was too big. Never seen that before. Odd it did not fit when they sent my steering box also.

I will note that I ran into a problem I have never seem before due to the full rebuild of my front end not the product.

One - I did not have enough grease for the zerks. Embarassed .

Two - When I put the 3/4" sway bar in, it interfered with setting my height adjustment and would not allow the arms to fully drop until I removed it. I had to install the sway bar with pressure on the wheels.

Koeppler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fewer places seem to be selling complete front beams and as options dwindle, kustom1 remains one of the few.

I can't comment yet on the quality of the beam I ordered (since it just shipped) but I can comment on the customer service.

It barely exists.

5 days after placing my order, I wrote in asking a question. It was answered same day in a curt fashion. I wrote back asking when my beam would ship. No response. Next day same question. No response. Next day same question and another one about whether steering damper bushings were included. No response. Next day, another message dropping the bushings question (b/c I figured they're cheap enough why not just order them from someplace I already liked) and asking when it would ship b/c I'm out of the country and need to coordinate several deliveries to my mechanic. No response. Next day, an automated "your order has shipped" response. No person and no answer to my bushings question (yes I solved it myself but they didn't know that).

Business is essentially a social activity. If you hate correspondence, find questions to be a nuisance, etc. then why go into business?

Also, if a beam has to be assembled then why not say on the site "be advised that because your beam may have to be assembled it can take up to 1 week (if not more) for your beam to ship." That way, customers know what they're getting into and you don't have to deal with correspondence you don't want? A week wait for such a thing isn't unreasonable. I just wish I had known in advance. Could have saved myself the frustration of writing every day.

If you're gonna drop $600 can't you ask a few questions and expect a timely and informative response?
Goggles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kustom 1 Warehouse
1314 West Collins Ave.
Orange, Ca. 92867
(888) 997-9894 PST

www.Kustom1warehouse.net
[email protected]

CustomerID# 6372

Thank you for your order. Your order number is 6985, placed 01/17/2012 at 1:40PM.

Shipping Method:

FedEx Ground®
Order Details:

Code Item Qty Price Grand Total
Super beetle disc brake kit Super Beetle front disc brake kit 4 on 130
[Choose your brake rotors:4 x 130 MM stock vw pattern rotors (originally fits 1968-1977 beetle and karmann ghia)]
[DSDBK7:4 Skf or Fag (Oem quality) wheel bearings and 2 grease seals (for Late spindles mid 68-79)] 1 $230.00 $230.00
Frontstainlessbrakehose Front stainless steel brake hose
[Stainless steel front brake hose:Front standard brake hose 1971-1979 superbeetle] 2 $11.00 $22.00
113101031 German oil change gasket kit
1 $1.50 $1.50
17-2808 New dual and single circuit master cylinders - All Super Beetle dual circuit master cylinder 4 wheel disc applications
1 $35.00 $35.00
Rearstainlessbrakehose Rear stainless steel brake hose
[Stainless steel rear brake hose:Rear standard brake hose 1969-1979 IRS type 1] 2 $11.00 $22.00
Reardiscbrakekitwebrake Rear disc brake kit with emergency brake with 4 lug VW, 5 lug Porsche, 5 bolt Chevy or blank wheel patterns for VW Volkswagen
[Choose your year and model:IRS Beetle and Karmann Ghia up to 1973-1979 (Long spline axles)]
[Choose your brake rotors:4 x 130 MM VW pattern rotors long axles splines] 1 $269.00 $269.00
09001 Bosch replacement spark plug wires - All Beetle, Karmann Ghia, Thing and pre 1972 Bus
1 $19.00 $19.00

Subtotal: $598.50
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $90.08
Grand Total: $

I found Kustom1warehouse here on Samba advertising disc brake kits. Here is my experience with them.

I emailed a question to their sales link at [email protected] The response I received was a curt three word response "73 is long" The response didn't include a name, a greeting or even a fuck you for being our customer. At this point I should have known not to do business with someone who appeared to be this unprofessional, however I was sucked in by the low price.

I placed a near $600 order and then replied to the email that I had placed the order with the information they had provided "73 is long". No reply or thanks for your order.

I ordered complete kits to install 4 wheel disc on a 73 super via their online store. I received an automated order confirmation after placing the order online, no communication, no calls, no shipment confirmation, no tracking. 7 days later the order is delivered, partially. No Master cylinder and No seals and bearings. Pick slip is marked "B/O" on both items. I know know what a Back Order is, I'm a merchant myself, but any normal person would be perplexed and calling to find out where their stuff is.

What good does the kit do me without a master cylinder or seals and bearings? Huh? Why not call me or email me when my order was placed and let me know the items were not in stock and let me make the choice if I want to Back order, not order or cancel the whole order. I kinda find it asinine that they couldn't have ran down to one of their many local parts stores and picked up the item needed to fill my order. I'd be ashamed to short-ship an order, I'd really be embarrassed to be out of stock on such a common part... Hello... are their any adults at Kustom1warehouse? How about keeping inventory in stock and only selling what you have in stock?

So, I call K1W

Young female answers phone, I had to ask who I was speaking with and got a smart ass answer that I called and should know who I was speaking with. I asked what her name was and she said, "Sam".

I explained to Sam who I was, told her I was calling because I had a problem with my order and that my order was 6985 and that she should be able to tell *ME* what the problem was.

I clue her in and let her know that parts are missing from my order and I can't do my install.

It's 7 days later and she said she thought they might be coming in that afternoon to them. Uh, excuse me, these are the most popular wheel bearings in the world.... I asked her why the didn't communicate an expected arrival date to me, preferably by phone. and she gave me no answer. I asked her if the pick ticket should have indicated when the back order would arrive and she didn't answer. I explained to her that had *THEY* done their job properly we would even be having this phone call.

I told her that I was not happy that my parts were on back order, because I was not notified. She insisted that the pick list marked "B/O" was notification enough and that it was customary for them to not contact customers regarding back orders. I told her to cancel the back order and refund my credit card. My credit card has not been refunded for the bearings,seals and master cylinder yet.

I ordered my 4 wheel disc master cylinder, and bearing/seals from from another vendor and paid about $80 to have them expedited.

Sometimes the arrogance of online vw parts vendors amazes me, this company excels at it. Beware that they are selling items they don't have in stock,their communication skills are lacking and they think it's ok to take a customers money and ignore them.

I would like Kustom1warehouse to refund the parts that I did not receive and the additional $80 I spent to source the parts elsewhere.

Sincerely,
Gary Richardson
stevestikihut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 1/22/12 I ordered $500 worth of parts on one credit card and $200 on another, the first was disk brakes and drop spindles the second was 2 Empi wheels. On Friday the 27th I received the first order but not the wheels, I then noticed that the brake kit was supposed to have bearings and grease seals, they were not there. I sent a email saying I was missing parts, I received a email within 2 hours saying that they would take care of it on Saturday and was there anything else I needed. Today, (Tuesday) the wheels came in and inside was 2 boxes, wrapped well by the way, the bearings and the seals.
Moral is; they made a mistake and if I had been in a hurry it would have been bad but this is a long project so waiting a couple extra days was no big deal. The good part is that they recovered right away and fixed it right away.
Anyone can make a mistake, a good company recovers quickly.
The Vdub Hub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: What does Kustom 1 have to do with Sun Motors bodyshop Reply with quote

I'm not sure what Kustom 1 Warehouse has to do with Sun Motors body shop in Bellflower California, but my personal experience with Sun Motors Body shop was a disaster. I will never deal with them again.
I'm sorry that I have to say this, and it is no reflection on Kustom 1, other than they represent Sun Motors body shop in one of their postings.
Sun Motors, not exactly the name or business I'd personally like to be associated with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Schnell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: K1w kustomwerehouse.com Reply with quote

The guys from kustom1werehouse are a bunch of liars!!!
"Sam" is the main one...
They will take your money first and let heng dry for 5 weeks before letting you know it's out of stock!!! And that's after you called 13 times and emaild 26 times.
I wouldn't do any business with them ever...ever!
Oh and all of you that had good exp with k1w before,I call it pure luck ,
If 8 out of 10 guys is not happy we should all ask ourselves do we need them???
No there is million vendors out there
targetinspect
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order from any one but Kustom1 if you need your crap in a timely manner. Its been 3.5 weeks and still no cam, no bearings, no nuthin, my bank statement shows my card charged 3 weeks ago! Sam says it hasn't gone thru, get some code from my bank and call her back? I'm 1 VW guy that actually has money! Come on guys, I've built 2 cars in the last year, your missing out on my money for sure... The only reason I ordered bearings from them is because of the friendly bearing application menu on their website other than that forget Kustom1! Never Again!!!!
stevestikihut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I again ordered from Kustom1 and the experience was again perfect. I made a mistake and took some parts back to their location, Stuart was accommodating and exchanged my parts right away, he explained how the different parts went with which year and made great recommendations. Although they carry a lot of parts, this is not a huge operation, almost a Ma/Pa operation. While Stuart was helping me and taking a good size order from my buddy, the phone rang a couple of times and he answered them timely and still continued to help us.
I am also a "VW guy who has money" as someone above me said, I own 2 businesses, have a business degree and have over 55 years under my belt.
I know good businesses from bad and good customer service from bad. Kustom1 is at the top of the game, there is a small profit margin in these parts, rent is high in California as is the cost of doing business here. Stuart is doing a great job keeping the doors open, people employed and high quality parts available for a reasonable price in a crappy economy.
One last bit of advice to those who have had problems, this is mostly an internet business, there is no high cost phone bank to take your calls and deal with your problems on the spot, use email to communicate, provide more information, invoice #'s, your personal info and give a little time to work it out. There are NOT a million vendors out there, there are only a few quality ones and you would be best to partner up with one and stay loyal and close, in the long run you will glad you did. My vendor? Kustom1.
BTW I am not affiliated with Kuston1 nor sponsored or compensated in any way, my opinion is mine alone.
VWSTORECHICK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
I completely agree with you on this matter with Kustom 1 warehouse. I to am also in VW Bug part sales and it can be hard.

I think what most peoples gripe is with them is the fact that this world is mainly internet based but not the VW guys as much as the rest of the car scenes out there.

I get customers who everyday thank me just for answering a question and taking time with each one to make sure there getting the right parts the first time.

A fully internet business is hard to run if you can not present yourself properly while sending an email.
A signature at the bottom of an email with your name and information is all people want.... It's a default setting in your email. (It is hard to run an internet business if you are not fluent in computer language. I prefer to keep my website smaller due to the fact it is hard for me to keep up with certain areas of it. But I don't make a big site that I can not maintain)
They want to be able to pick up the phone and call someone if there is a problem.

I know mom & pop shop because I am one. I have people who come to my shop and say wow I thought you were bigger than this.
It's not because I make it sound that we are the greatest but that I present myself well.
Dennis & myself work very hard with every one of our guys each season. As projects get finished we help them maintain there cars and as new people build we help point them in the right direction.

It is hard profits are shrinking but offering a good product with a good customer service rep is where you need to be. Internet or phone based.

I've tried going big online but honestly tell my guys call me I'll make sure it's right before you buy. I would rather take my customers offline and make sure there getting the information they need before buying online and making my life harder due to returns.

When I list an item I try to include all information that I might have on the item or any questions I may have been asked in the past so that people understand it.

It's thinking ahead and working through the service part that is hard but where your money is. Anyone can copy out of a book and put parts in a box.

The VW guys need the service. No other car has been made in as many countries or for as many years as a VW and if it wasn't for the samba not many would know due to the fact that companies in general do not offer service before or after the purchase.

I'm not cutting Kustom 1 Warehouse. I am just simply saying. If all you want to do is sell parts online then the VW scene is not really where it is at. Customer Service is very important to our VW world. They would rather a telephone number on the samba with a picture of a building then someone who don't answer the phone.

(not saying I'm perfect. But this is what people are complaining about here.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ekacpuc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had ordered a engine kit a year ago and they were great to deal with. I needed some things switched about the kit and they changed everything so I got exactly what I wanted

This time around I ordered some straps and selected the wrong length. I e-mailed and called them with no answer. I had finally given up and sent them one last angry e-mail and then they responded. I'm not the greatest to deal with when I'm angry but they were great (unlike ALOT of other companys). Fixed my order and saved me some $$ on shipping.

They may take a little while to ship and are somewhat hard to get ahold of (I did try during the holidays) but totally worth it.

Greg
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: