Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwkyote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott was very helpful to me in the forums. I haven't ordered very much from him (Bentley book, heater hoses and gaskets) but I plan on purchasing more in the future for sure. The items came exactly as ordered.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
redriviera74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my "taco plate" back from the germansupply and it looks fantasic. Looks better than brand new. Many thanks. Looking forward to getting everything I ordered from you installed as soon as possible.....
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only placed one order but it was perfection and I wouldn't hesitate to order again. I've seen a few things he has that I do not see anywhere else.

Also he contributes alot to help people out with his knowledge.....much appreciated.

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
davis911s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will chime in too even though it has ALL been siad.

Absolute great person to deal with! He knows his stuff, helps out tons with technical stuff (for free).

Highly recommended!

Shawn

1973 Westfalia, Camper Special with 75 FI. Automatic 003 . Non-pop top
1977 Porsche 911S Targa, 2.7 L with 5spd
1992 Passat G60 Syncro Wagon (SOLD)
1975 Westfalia (SOLD)
1979 Westfalia (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brown_Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered soem Fuel Line hose and 2 window knobs. The hose arrived fairly quick. The knobs were back ordered ( although it didnt state that on the web site). I was told they would ship after Christmas. When I had not recived them yet I sent him a msg. They arrived a few days later.

Will buy from them again, but, due to customs etc. just opt for the cheaper mail and but more stuff from them instead.
shawns73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently had Scott rebuild the brakes on my 73 super, and he and his crew did a meticulously great job Smile
He kept me appraised of issues as the job was in progress, and went over the work with me in detail when I picked up the car.
Also, living within a half hour drive from his garage, I've been able to pick up a variety of parts within a moments notice.
I have complete confidence in his skill, and will be asking him to do several other large projects in the near future.

Shawn
barryben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More good feedback from the UK ... bought some FI bits from German Supply - really good quality, nice price, and easy to use website. Scott made the transaction very easy - recommended! Cool
dweller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should have posted this a bit ago, but Scott's rep here is longstanding and excellent, i just figured everyone knew already Embarassed

Got a new ATE MC for my bus, it shipped promplty and works perfectly. Scott also gave me advice on other brake parts that i'm working on which was very helpful.

thanks Scott!
dp
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just recieved my order, awesome! Always great parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fun 181
Zu Geil!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of Thing CV boots from Scott over a year ago. I think I talked to his wife on the phone when I placed my order. Whoever it was was extremely friendly and a pleasure to deal with. The boots shipped quickly and I think I even got some sort of discount on the overall price at the time - passing along some sort of savings from their buyer I believe.

Truly one of the best transactions I have had - and I've had a lot! I'll be sure to call up Scott with any future needs. Thanks for the note pads and keep up the great work!

Slim
a.k.a. Fun 181
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered wierd stuff on Wednesday and it arrived Monday morning.

Thanks again Scott. Nice job.
Yann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished a 2 months transaction with Scott, it was a long transaction, mainly because of me, real honest guy, told me the thruth about what I was buying! His shop made a very small mistake when packing my order, Scott made sure real fast that i received the mistaken item. I made myself a sort of mistake when ordering another item, again Scott without complaint exchange the item for another one, it cost him money because of the extra shipping but I didn't heard from him about it! I will buy again from him, that's for sure!

www.westhausmitewagen.com
http://mecanitinerante.blogspot.com/
zdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished another deal with Scott, he is a standup person. The postal service mis routed my package in Canada, Scott stayed in communication and handled the situation with a phone call to discuss what could be done.

After a month my package finally arrived. I will deal with Scott again.
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zdub,

i am really sorry about the delay with your parts, we did everything we could at our end but somehow the post office got it wrong. anyhow, it's a happy ending.
updebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Anything going on at GS?? Reply with quote

I ordered a gasket set over a month an a half ago and still don't have it. I have made numerous calls and sent emails as well.......no responses! Is any one else having trouble with them right now? I ordered parts for my BW bus over the summer and had no problems at all. I had to purchase another set from another vendor over the weekend because my customer was irate about the time it was taking to complete the engine. Now I am just looking for my $ back!
TheShane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Anything going on at GS?? Reply with quote

updebus wrote:
I ordered a gasket set over a month an a half ago and still don't have it. I have made numerous calls and sent emails as well.......no responses! Is any one else having trouble with them right now? I ordered parts for my BW bus over the summer and had no problems at all. I had to purchase another set from another vendor over the weekend because my customer was irate about the time it was taking to complete the engine. Now I am just looking for my $ back!

I sent emails to German Supply and did not receive any responses either. I did receive the parts but I was unable to install them as I missed my window of opportunity to work on my bus. If Scott had replied to my emails I could have adjusted this and I would have a running car right now. I understand things happen and I have not lost faith in German Supply. Hopefully my next experience will be better.

Central KY VW Club

NASkeet wrote:
I suppose that's what happens when one drives a passion wagon, which comes factory-fitted with a double bed.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'updebus' (b. keyes) order was delivered today. yes it was terribly late, we had no stock on the item and finally had it drop shipped from another supplier. ball dropped on that order for sure and apologies issued.

regarding 'the shane', his order was received 14 business days after he placed it. this is outside of our normal window of receipt of orders in 10 business days (maximium) when basic ground shipping is chosen. because we are in canada, ground shipments can take longer than people are accustomed to. i certainly apologize if this delay caused him to miss a window of opportunity for working on his vehicle, that is inconvenient. i will add that having just checked my past email i have received no email messages from this customer regarding this order. if you would care to, please forward them again to [email protected]. if there are customer emails that are not getting to us then i would like a chance to find out why.
updebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a note to let everyone know that Scott did contact me about my order, I received it as he promissed. Not every transaction will be perfect all the time! I still believe he is selling quality parts at fair prices and would highly recommend German Supply. Thanks again Scott.
TheShane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update. I was a little frustrated that I hadn't received the parts I ordered when I expected to, but they were only a few days later than I had calculated. It was a very understandable and common problem probably more with shipping and customs than with German Supply. I did get in touch with Scott, his customer service is excellent. I don't know why he never received the emails I sent, this could also be the fault of something out of his control. To get to the point...the parts were quality as was the customer service. I have installed them and everything was great, especially the fuel line kit. I wish I had known about German Supply sooner, my next order will be through them.

-Shane

Central KY VW Club

NASkeet wrote:
I suppose that's what happens when one drives a passion wagon, which comes factory-fitted with a double bed.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
atmellovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I would add my kudos to Scott at German Supply. I have purchased many quality parts from Scott and have never had a problem. He knows his stuff and he has been a great resource for my efforts to keep my bus rolling down the road.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: