Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
steponmebbbboom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

Scott does not generally use the Samba classifieds but he is a well known contributor here and operates a successful business supplying much needed parts to our community. I see no feedback for him so let me be the first to throw down for this vendor, my endorsements dont come cheap so listen up.

Scott is one of the first vendors in my area to meet my needs 100%. I know that every time I call or visit I have his full attention and every part I order is a quality brand and delivered on time at a competitive price. As far as Im concerned, he has the market cornered based on that alone but it gets better.

Scott is on the Samba forums helping us out on a daily basis, with CLASS and isnt any different in person. He has stepped up for me in a big way and I know of more than one instance where he has done the same for others. Scott wants you to keep coming back and buying his shit, not just because you have money but because he CARES. That is not just good business, that is long term vision and in a dwindling market you just try to find that somewhere else, good luck. Scott has my respect because he runs his business exactly the same way I would, with integrity and service right at the top, and profit and pie charts down south. Because People are what matters.

Talk to the man, place an order, visit his new shop, you will see for yourself. Ive got no reason to lie to you.
SixVolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step,

You are right on! I have not purchased from GS yet, but I better get on with it! What I like about Scott is he weighs in with quality advice on problems whether you are buying from GS or not. Nothing against those who prefer the CIP1 "Walmart' approach to parts, but I like these independents like John at aircooled, Scott at GS and the guys at WW. Quality people who deserve our support. Heck, I'm in Cleveland. A stones throw from Toronto.
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the positives, fellas, i truly appreciate it.

sean, i was just down near cleveland a short time ago helping a friend pick up a '70 sunroof bus. i was really surpised how close it is to toronto.
Jody '71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the pleasure to deal with Scott over the phone today while placing an order for brake parts for my '71 Westy. This man knows his stuff. He answered all of my questions regarding the parts I was unsure of that I needed. Remember, different years take different parts. He was right on for what I required. If you need parts and want to talk with some one that has the time to address your needs, call Scott. Highly recommended.
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just got my stuff (fuel line stuff and an alternator bracket for my new 72-74 heaterboxes).

Top quality, fair price, fast shipping. What more could anyone ask for?

PLUS THEY SENT ME A GERMAN SUPPLY NOTEPAD!! Dancing

Nice people to deal with. I like that. It goes a long way with me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slatts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought link pins, king pins and a NOS push button for my glove box. Scott is very helpful on the phone and his products are quality. I will buy from German Supply again.
JMazier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven’t bought a lot of parts from Scott however I have gotten a lot of work done there (including a custom engine build) and have always been more than satisfied. Scott definitely cares about the vehicles and us as customers. Scott and I were unlucky enough to have a bad valve seat installed on my bus that came out after 4 kms (yes, you read that right). He completely took ownership of the issue (machine shop issue...not his)and is well on his way to fixing it at no cost to me. This is not the only example that I have of his integrity and honesty. Keep it up Scott.

Jérôme

’79 Cali Westy 2.0 F.I.
'74 Honda CB 350 Four
'78 Honda CB 750 K
'12 Golf GTI
'11 Ural Patrol
HermanSwanson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also say that Scoot is an outstanding businessman- quick service, good products, and a very nice guy to deal with on the phone.
Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott is good people, and I will buy from germansupply.com again with no worries. Shipping was faster than I expected, and I got the fuel pump relay in less than a week. Keep up the great work Scott.
Mark
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well once again I have had a really good experience buying stuff from German Supply.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just received a package from Scott. original 74 westfalia curtains (yellow), advertised in the classifieds. we worked out a cash/parts trade, and all went smoothly. shipping was fast. and even though the curtains were well described and pictured in the ad, they are nicer than i expected.
thanks Scott!!
Mr. Loaf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: GermanSupply Reply with quote

Never knew that parts would come so fast from Canada! Every thing that I ordered was perfect and I couldn't be happier. Thank you Scott for a job well done!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott posted that he was getting some NOS tail light lenses in a few weeks. I told him I wanted a left side for my 74. He kept me posted and when they arrived, he sent me a PM. I ordered it and it arrived a few days later.

NOS... that says it all.

Thanks.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sells the best cv boots available for a VW Thing or bay window bus too!
tubdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: a Reply with quote

purchased 2 metal front brake lines for a 71 bus. shipping was fast thanks again
Toaster on Wheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the pleasure of dealing with Scott over the last year and a half while trying to complete a partial restore of my Bus. He knows VWs inside and out and like everyone else has already mentioned - he truly cares about the vehicles he's working on. I trusted no one other than Scott when it came time for my engine rebuild and it's proven to be the right choice. Scott even went out of his way and drove 5hrs to help me with the reinstall! He's been an invaluable resource for me while I'm learning the ins and outs of my Bus. I don't know how many times he's given me his time and helped walk me through things over the phone.

Thanks Scott!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
There are a milion of this threads,Poeple just arnt smart anymore.
pwilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I have had the only bad experience...
I ordered a replacement clutch cable and needed it sooner rather than later so I opted for the express shipping claiming three to five business days. Not counting the day I ordered or received the part, it took eight business days.

I have ordered from Scott before with no problems and still am quite pleased with the product. In my experience though, the express shipping is not worth the extra money.
ian c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say your problem is with customs or the shipping company ???
pwilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that is what I am hoping. It is just that the express took as long as the ground so in my experience, it is not worth the extra cash. I have had no problems with the products, just this shipping. I also realize that it was in the start of Dec. so holiday packages and such. I will still buy from him, I'll jut use ground shipping.
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a combination of factors that delayed the shipment, partly paypal and partly us.

when pwilson paid for his order it came through as a paypal echeck. an echeck from paypal means the funds are not covered by your current balance in paypal and they must come from your bank account. the echeck takes a few days to clear. pwilson placed his order on december 6, the echeck cleared on december 11, at which time the order should have been released for shipment.

but we screwed up. because of the echeck situtation, the order went into "suspense". we did not catch this until december 17, at which time we paid extra to have the order sent overnight, arriving december 18.

one thing we learned in this instance is that if the customer pays with an echeck but requests priority shipping, a flag should go off and the customer should be informed right away that the order cannot ship until the echeck clears. having the order go into suspended mode and not come out when the payment cleared is simply a mistake and yes, probably exacerbated by the time of year. we did our best to correct the situation by shipping overnight as soon as we discovered what had happened. we also sent an email when we discovered the error, but the email bounced for some unknown reason. by the time we received the bounced email notice the parts had arrived so we let it be.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: