Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Have used Scott twice, and very satisfied. Helps that I am in the local area so place order by phone and pick up same day.
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
Dead 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Had good dealings with German Supply on multiple orders. I have no idea why communications are failing between GS and customers. Honesty is the best business philosophy.

imho

"The American Dream - true enough because you gotta be asleep to believe it"
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I only used German Supply once. That's all it took to find horrific service, a month plus to get my parts and no emails nor phone calls returned when I had the audacity to find out where my parts were.

There's far TOO MANY great VW parts vendors who ship the parts the same day, quickly respond to an email or answer their phone than to put up with a "business" like this one.

I'd scrap my VW's if all VW parts businesses were like German Supply.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nels864
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I am shocked that this website can continue to operate. I am a very patient and understanding customer, but when two seperate orders from June and July can not be shipped, six emails can not be answered and phone calls go unanswered, my understanding is gone. The worst part is I really need the items on my orders. I did my part by paying in full back in June and July and all I have received was an email two weeks after placing each order saying they had some backordered items. Then no reply to anything from me. The one time I got someone on the phone, he said he was too busy and I needed to call back, click. The sad part is I would be happy with any information and yet I can find no way to get a response.

I just want what I paid for. Seems like a reasonable request. Funny, when I placed my order and they took my money, they never said a thing about backorders. Really shameful service and the lack of answers tells me I am being ignored, not simply an oversight. At this point it seems like fraud.

Really at my wit's end. And they have so many things I need. Honestly, it make me sick. Do not be tempted by their selection, does no good if they won't ship anything!
Bought it from a 92 year old first owner
who kept her in a dry So Calif garage
her whole life.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

nels864 wrote:
I am shocked that this website can continue to operate. I am a very patient and understanding customer, but when two seperate orders from June and July can not be shipped, six emails can not be answered and phone calls go unanswered, my understanding is gone. The worst part is I really need the items on my orders. I did my part by paying in full back in June and July and all I have received was an email two weeks after placing each order saying they had some backordered items. Then no reply to anything from me. The one time I got someone on the phone, he said he was too busy and I needed to call back, click. The sad part is I would be happy with any information and yet I can find no way to get a response.

I just want what I paid for. Seems like a reasonable request. Funny, when I placed my order and they took my money, they never said a thing about backorders. Really shameful service and the lack of answers tells me I am being ignored, not simply an oversight. At this point it seems like fraud.

Really at my wit's end. And they have so many things I need. Honestly, it make me sick. Do not be tempted by their selection, does no good if they won't ship anything!

Call your credit card company and get a refund. Then, spend your hard earned money with a quality VW parts vendor.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
reefkeep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Not very happy with my first order from German Supply the order wasn't a big order just a pair of crimpers and terminal ends for rebuilding FI harness. I have sent many emails with no responds asking for up dates on the order, my email went on deaf ears. This order was made back on Oct 10 and still don't have them, I finally made a phone call to German Supply and talked with Michelle and she would look into it, and the day after the phone call she emailed me saying the order would be going out Friday the 28th of Oct and I would receive it Wednesday next week. And out of this two things that got my blood boiling is no communication and the fact I paid for 3 day express delivery and it will be around 15 days before I evening get my order. How do I get any satisfaction like customer support, calling or leaving email does little good. Evil or Very Mad
reefkeep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

nels864 wrote:

I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat Evil or Very Mad
Ed Hoffmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi Samba,

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM GERMAN SUPPLY

I ordered a fuel line kit and a vacum kit from them on Sept 5,2016. Paid in full including shipping. Have sent several emails about my order and got the same response "We are working on it and it should ship next week"

So now 2 months later I have nothing . Communication is terrible,customer service is terrible my experience has been horrible. How long does it take to put some hoses and some clamps in a box and ship it?

I even gave them the heads up i was going to post this on The Samba and still nothing.
Ed Hoffmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi Samba,

Update on my German Supply order. Zip,nada sent them an email one more time and this time no response back whatsoever .I now have a claim with my bank and they are working on getting a refund. Its too bad this did not go well because they have a lot of things i could use.
JamesDole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered some parts for the first time from GS. It's been two months and nothing. I've emailed four times with no response. I've tried to call and all I get is a message that says the mailbox is full.

I have now filed a claim with PayPal to try and get my money back. I recommend to stay away from this company.....
Sold 54' Oval (Sedan)
reefkeep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have done the same ,filed a claim with PayPal and my credit card to try and get my money back. I recommend to stay away from this company
maico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered some cv boots on Sept 26. I have sent 3 emails and have received no reply. What is up with this place? Are they out of business? Do they simply not care? This is bizarre. After reading the previous posts,I dont like my chances.
Mbkeith74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I am putting this here in the hopes that Scott will see this and maybe let me know what's going on. I put a order in on September 25 and its December 1 now. I ordered over 300$ of stuff and at the 3 week mark he was still answering emails and calls. It's now over the 2 month mark and he has not answered any of my emails and will not answer his phone. I really would love to just get a truthful answer as to why it has taken this long and if I should just put a fraud case in with PayPal. I have ordered in the past from them and always had great fast service and quick responses to emails. This time it's been hell. I hope to hear something soon. If not I'll just put the fraud case in and hope I get my money back and order from someone else like bus depot. Who might not have everything but will at least help you out when you have a question about the order you placed. I know my luck will be that it comes tonight and I'll look like a idiot but I'm not thinking it will happen that way.
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bummer..im in the same boat. ive always had great luck with him before and at the last PM he responded to he said "im getting these out slowly but surely" and hes been on the samba as of dec 21st, but did not respond to my PMs on dec 13th.

I bought this: Vacuum Hose Kit Dual Carburetor Bus '72-'74

https://www.germansupply.com/home/customer/product.php?productid=17911&cat=&page=2

back on nov 5th, but have not received as of today

Hope you read this scott before i have to file a paypal dispute

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just got the parts in today, so Scott made good on it.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
Magion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I really wish I saw this thread before I purchased from this him.

Same old story again. Purchased couple kits, was told IT WILL SHIP next week. Three weeks later Scott is not answering any emails. The only time he actually picked up the phone he said; my child is sick I will call you back in 5 minutes - never did - next time all I can hear is Voice mail.

We all have things going on in our lives, problems and delays. But If you decided YOU are going to run business then you should act like are running business.

Somebody should finally do something about him, at least here on the samba!
The only reason I went to his website and purchased stuff from him is because people on here recommend him! Yes maybe like 10 years ago!
foxmon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I am a happy German Supply customer. Never had a problem with getting parts in a reasonable time frame and recently purchased a BA6 part I'm 100% sure nobody else has.
MyTwoBlondes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

should've checked here first. Nothing new to report, just the same story as most of the other GermanParts.com customers on this thread.

If you don't mind waiting a month or longer for your parts to maybe arrive, and don't mind hassling the owners several times to ship your part (use email because their voicemail is always full), don't mind being told you'll have your part this week when they don't even have the part...then this is your place!

I may try them again down the road, but god damn, I've never seen so much potential squandered by terrible logistics and customer service. Hope they can hire a consultant because this is clearly a trend.
hepmeheme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Same problem here. Ordered stuff over a month ago. Nothing delivered, no feedback on when it will be shipped. These are not back-ordered items. The 2 times I've gotten him on the phone he said they are working on it, they are a small shop and are busy. I would say if you can't keep up with an online business then close your doors or advertise on your website that everything has a 2 month lead time. How is this guy still in business? Is he a thief or is he just incompetent?

Beware and steer clear.
jacoby1007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wow never again with these guys. I did get an email the next day saying something was out of stock and they could send another item. I said I would like a refund and to just get the other two items... then nothing... then I sent another email... again nothing. At this point I already pissed them off asking when my item would ship... so sorry you own a store where customers ask questions, HA. This is ever after paying for expedited shipping. Next time I will be reading this section before trying a new place out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: