Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
francisyachting
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

I had a terrible experience with German Supply.
ordered parts a month ago and still nothing.
when I Email them they say shipping next day then a week goes by nothing.
it was just a piece of metel fuel line. I guess I will be using something else.
I'm sure he had better money making projects going on.
hoody65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

July 28th I ordered fuel line hose kit for my 75 Bus...............nothing yet and no response to my latest email
hiwaycallin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

I just received my latest order from German Supply. It arrived on my doorstep exactly 12 days after I placed my order. I decided to check my order history and found that over the past 9 years I have received 13 orders from German Supply totalling nearly $3,000. Yes, there have been orders that have taken more time than I would have liked, but they have always arrived and have always been correct. Often, this is the only place I was able to source the highest quality German part for whatever I happened to be working on.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

Ordered many times in the past 5 years, always had great service and relatively fast shipping. Scott is always looking for the best parts available and will never settle for the cheap stuff. He's the most knowledgeable guy I know on vintage VW's, and I've talked to many over the 15 years I've owned buses. His kits are home made and made on demand, so delivery might be a little longer, but they're worth it.

I just had a full mechanical restoration on my 75 bus by him. Engine and tranny rebuilt with 100% genuine VW or german parts. Yes, it took more time than expected, but the result is spectacular. Scott and Michelle always answered my questions and always made their best to fulfill my needs.

They drove 5 hours just so we could have our bus in time for our summer vacation. And after noticing a small leak, Scott responded promptly and drove again to pick it up and fix it. That's the kind of people I'm looking for to take care of my beloved vintage VW.

If you want fast service, yes you'll get it with the big vendors. But if you want the best advice and the best parts available for the long run, German supply is the place to go.
Herr Doktor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

Yup, not the club I was looking to join but I just filed my complaint through PayPal. Two emails and two phone calls were enough for me. Then I read this thread. Yup. He answered his phone and said he was at lunch and would call me back on my number when he got back. Well, you know I didn't get a call. Do I want my parts? Hell yeah. But don't dick me around. Again, if you're going to run a business then RUN THE BUSINESS. Ugh. Anyone here know someone that has quality vacuum hoses for a late bay?
RedHeadedJosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

It's been over a month and half , I can't get them to reply with straight answers . I only ordered a vacuume hose kit and still have not seen it .
RedHeadedJosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

They went from being one of the best suppliers for vw parts to literally the worst online store I have ever had to deal with . I ordered the vacuumed line kit , huge disappointment, terrible customer service . First off it took over two months . The worst part is you can call them over and over again and no one will ever answer or reply to a message . Second , they lie and don't keep to there word , I was told that it was shipped and they would send me the tracking , no email , no call , just went dark. Then when I finally got a telephone answer I thought I called the wrong number , then I was told he was on lunch and would call me in 15 min. Nope , I call back and get plenty of excuses, was told I would get shipping confirmation nothing, package just showed up at the door. Open it and it's even worse I figure a kit is pre cut lines and maybe a diagram or some sort of instructions... nope just maybe 20$ of raw "German" (questionable) vacuumed lines you have to cut and figure where they go. One line wasn't even long enough . So $70 wasted , time wasted ,

DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE
emtbasics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

I ordered over $250 (US) from germansupply.com on the 3rd of March, received an email on the 4th stating that the order had gone through. This was in my email:

Payment method: Credit cards / PayPal (PayPal IPN)
Delivery: Canada Post Expedited (Ground 5-10 days) USA
Subtotal: $CAD 288.00
Discount: $CAD 0.00
Coupon saving: $CAD 0.00 ()
GST: $CAD 0.00
Shipping cost: $CAD 32.58
Total: $CAD 320.58

Payment was taken out of my bank account on the 5th. Not sure if delivery was set for 5-10 days or 5-10 business days, but it's March 31st and I've received nothing. I've emailed with no response. I've called several times, left a message when I actually reached an answering machine, and nothing. No response at all. I wish I'd read their reviews here before ordering. Very disappointed.

Teddy Kennedy needed a Volkswagen

[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate2-26166.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
emtbasics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

Finally spoke to someone by phone today. He said that a brake kit that I'd ordered had been on backorder, and that held the rest of the order up. He said the kit came in last week, and the order would be shipped out today, and should arrive by the end of the week. I'll update as things unfold.

Teddy Kennedy needed a Volkswagen

[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate2-26166.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
StevieUT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

Same horror story here with this guy! What he's doing is fraudulent!

Placed an order and received no confirmation. Never shipped. Called and tried to contact multiple times. Never any answer and never a response. Placed the order over 6 weeks ago. I finally had to dispute the charge with my CC company. Then after the CC complaint I received a paypal message with a shipping notification, but the tracking number he put in was bogus! I'm passing all this info with documentation to my CC companies fraud department. If you've been burned by German Supply, I suggest you do the same.

DO NOT ORDER FROM GERMAN SUPPLY!

All of you who are defending and supporting him should stop! You're complicit in ripping others off by doing so IMO.
alschnier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

I just had a similar experience. 1 month wait. Called & was told item had shipped. 2 weeks later, still nothing. Opened dispute on PP. Now they offered to fill my order (the one they supposedly already shipped).

Refund is pending.

I made the part myself.
triptheninja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

I could get into the details of my experience but the above comments cover everything. Issues included bad order taking by the website. I used credit card and was later informed that my Paypal didn't go through. I called and they corrected the issue. After order went through I had to call several times, getting the "lunch" excuse, the already sent lie, etc. Bad tracking number. The parts kits arrived after 2+ months of calling, etc. They sent it certified (needing actual signature). I was unaware of that and was at work when the postman arrived. I left for vacation the next day and couldn't get them. Had to deal with local PITA USPS office to convince them to hold on to it until I got back. Upon install one of the vacuum hoses was cut too short. I'm not even considering dealing with them to correct it. Too bad they have hard to find parts and they play so hard to get with them. I won't put myself through that experience again.
finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

Still waiting for parts ordered in April. Life goes on and my project is a back burner so forgot about it as Ive been extremely busy.
Pay pal did clear and I've sent an email to see what is going on.
Wish I read through this post sooner but I'm an optimist and there are good reviews... Perhaps StevieUT is correct.
finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

Just to follow up. I just received my parts on July 22. That's almost an entire month after they let me know they had missed the order back in April would be sending it out "this week". So a three month order is complete.
The parts consist of Hoses for vacuum etc and they appear to look like the old school cloth covered vacuum lines and I'm excited about that. They threw in some intake sleeves N/C.

In summary the turn around time and communication via web sales and phone is terrible. email is a tad better.
I like the product that was sent and I believe the pricing to be competitive. Would I order again...probably not as the unknown as to wether the order will ever be filled is real. Yes my parts came eventually but most are not as patient as I am.
Dougy Dee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

My recent purchase of obscure valves and guides from Scott was completed in a timely and efficient manner.
I'd use him again.
ALIKA T3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

I hate to come here to complain, but after reading and finding an actual thread about this company, lemme tell you that they must be going down...

I ordered a simple EGR delete plate for a late Bay Window bus and nothing has came in now 2 months.
The website has been under construction soon after I ordered my part and still is.
Same story as others, phone calls, left clear voicemails, a few emails til I opened a case with Paypal, one response from a lady named Michelle stating the part was backordered and would ship next week. Still nothing 2 weeks later, no communication, it is now escalated with Paypal.

This business is done I believe.... Rolling Eyes
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416343
Syncro http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...num+gadget
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

Hey everyone. Just wanted to share a positive experience with German Supply. I had ordered a fuel line kit for my '77 Westfalia just before their website went down. It did take QUITE a while to arrive, BUT this has been my experience with anything I've ever ordered from Canada! Border customs checks really slow up the process and I've come to expect this. The kit I received was exactly as described and worth the wait. Also FYI the website is back up and running again. I had been talking with Scott through email and he was very attentive to my questions about product availability. I just ordered a fuel and vacuum kit for my '75 fuel injected bug project. I know there will probably be a wait...we'll see and I'll let you'all know
VWinTucson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised after reading comments here. I ordered an aux battery wiring harness from Scott. Then I came here and read all the horror stories. I was pretty scared but I really needed this kit. So I waited. It did take a few weeks to get it bit it did arrive. It installed quick and easy. So far I'm happy with my purchase. Will I order again I'm not sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
FLynes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

I bought a WW fuel pump kit for my Pierburg two years ago, and it was total crap...the fitting was off and I had to make it fit, resulting in a fuel pump that doesn't do its job, I've been trying to find a good-quality fuel pump kit since then. After looking through countless search results, I stumbled on a Samba post discussing this issue and the suppliers who have them. I was actually going to order from Scott, until someone posted a link to this thread.

I understand that issues arise, resulting in late shipping. What I don't understand is why a vendor, who was just on this site three days ago, stopped responding to this thread 9 years ago. Is it because you're fed up with the gripes that your customers have, Scott? The answer is simple, either have the intestinal fortitude to confront the public complaints, fix the issues presented, or close up shop.

I have dealt with this issue, not just with VW vendors, but with Mustang, Mopar, Jeep and Airstream vendors as well. The American business ethic is on life support, thanks to vendors who have no business being in business, no matter how nice they are or how good their intentions are.

I, for one, will heed the many dissatisfied complaints and avoid doing business with German Supply and keep trying to find a kit that will get my Pierburg pump back into correct operational condition. Supposedly WW has gotten their act together, but you know the old adage, "Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me".
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply Reply with quote

I just purchased a 215mm Clutch kit from Scott @ German Supply. The order was placed via mix of phone call and emails. Each answered in a timely fashion. Paid yesterday @ 14:34 and arrived at my shop today @ 11:55. Parts exactly as described.

Thanks Scott and Michelle.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: