Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official good deal on Buses or parts topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 397, 398, 399 ... 507, 508, 509  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

This seems like a reasonable deal on a good looking truck.
If I was in the market for one, I would ask for a few more detailed pix.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2079922
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

otherbeach wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:
somebody in the pnw needs to jump on this
https://www.copart.com/lot/35351917

Cannot bid unless you are a gov't registered business or you hire a broker. That sucks.

I finally get to help the topic I enjoy so much! Ordinary, non-broker, non-government registered business Copart members can bid on this. You have to register on Copart through a somewhat intrusive process and make a deposit to give you like a line of credit (via credit card is easiest). This one is "on approval" which means there is a non-disclosed reserve on it.

I've been watching Copart for about a six weeks. This is only the second split bus I have seen. The other was listed simultaneously on Ebay which was kind of odd. About 90 percent of vintage VWs are Bugs with the remaining 10 percent miscellaneous others. There have been about 12 buses listed while I watched Copart but all but two were Bays or Vanagons.

I went through the entire, and very intrusive, process to sign up, only to find out that I cannot bid. Nothing I saw in the process said anything about a line of credit. At this point, I am considering contacting them to withdraw my application and getting out of the whole thing completely.
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

npbusguy wrote:
This seems like a reasonable deal on a good looking truck.
If I was in the market for one, I would ask for a few more detailed pix.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2079922

Sharp looking single, indeed. Hell, he’s selling it to me with just the cool background shots Laughing

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
otherbeach wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:

Cannot bid unless you are a gov't registered business or you hire a broker. That sucks.

I finally get to help the topic I enjoy so much! Ordinary, non-broker, non-government registered business Copart members can bid on this. You have to register on Copart through a somewhat intrusive process and make a deposit to give you like a line of credit (via credit card is easiest). This one is "on approval" which means there is a non-disclosed reserve on it.

I've been watching Copart for about a six weeks. This is only the second split bus I have seen. The other was listed simultaneously on Ebay which was kind of odd. About 90 percent of vintage VWs are Bugs with the remaining 10 percent miscellaneous others. There have been about 12 buses listed while I watched Copart but all but two were Bays or Vanagons.

I went through the entire, and very intrusive, process to sign up, only to find out that I cannot bid. Nothing I saw in the process said anything about a line of credit. At this point, I am considering contacting them to withdraw my application and getting out of the whole thing completely.

They ask for a form of ID to be uploaded as you found during registration. It takes about 3-5 days before the ID is processed and you are able to bid. In "Account settings" it says "Your deposit on file with Copart needs to be 10% of the maximum amount you wish to bid on a vehicle. Example : A $3,500 bid would require a deposit of $350." The deposit is made at or near that page. I can take the rest of this discussion offline if needed, but wanted to let people know it is not instant registration. If you want to bid on this bus wait it out. In my experience vehicles often do not meet their reserve and are relisted for auction. There is a Bay that is being auctioned now for the tenth time because it hasnt met its reserve in previous auctions.
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

I think this is reasonable for a running OG paint double door standard.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2080474

1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

otherbeach wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
otherbeach wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:

They ask for a form of ID to be uploaded as you found during registration. It takes about 3-5 days before the ID is processed and you are able to bid. In "Account settings" it says "Your deposit on file with Copart needs to be 10% of the maximum amount you wish to bid on a vehicle. Example : A $3,500 bid would require a deposit of $350." The deposit is made at or near that page. I can take the rest of this discussion offline if needed, but wanted to let people know it is not instant registration. If you want to bid on this bus wait it out. In my experience vehicles often do not meet their reserve and are relisted for auction. There is a Bay that is being auctioned now for the tenth time because it hasnt met its reserve in previous auctions.

It's really not that bad. Like said before you need a deposit with them to bid. but you can get that back. Different states have different rules. In Arkansas and Oklahoma no dealer licence needed. But Kansas you have to have one to bid cars with clear titles. You just have to check the rules for the state the auction is in. Back in March I bought an alpha hummer h3 that's fully loaded with clear title that bluebooks for $19,500 we bought it for $2800. and another $2200 invested looks never damaged. There are other fees that get you after the auction. Gate fees, bidding online fees, and one other I cant remember. I've been on a couple years and this is probably the 5th splitty I've seen. Two others were burnt and the one dealer listed bus that was on ebay as well. They wanted way too much for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
otherbeach wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
otherbeach wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:

It's really not that bad. Like said before you need a deposit with them to bid. but you can get that back. Different states have different rules. In Arkansas and Oklahoma no dealer licence needed. But Kansas you have to have one to bid cars with clear titles. You just have to check the rules for the state the auction is in. Back in March I bought an alpha hummer h3 that's fully loaded with clear title that bluebooks for $19,500 we bought it for $2800. and another $2200 invested looks never damaged. There are other fees that get you after the auction. Gate fees, bidding online fees, and one other I cant remember. I've been on a couple years and this is probably the 5th splitty I've seen. Two others were burnt and the one dealer listed bus that was on ebay as well. They wanted way too much for it.

Not sure if it's worth it for me to get too far into this. Besides, the bus in question has a $6500 buy it now price. I would not even pay half that for the rolled shell of a bus that it is.

I may keep my registration in place for future purchases, but the whole dealer/broker thing is a bummer. A samba member has reached out to me to offer help in buying through them if need be. That might be the best bet.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

I see the buy it now on there today, didn't see it when I first saw it. It was at $450 just 2 days ago. I'm with you, no way for that price. You would still give more than me at half the price. Wink
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
I see the buy it now on there today, didn't see it when I first saw it. It was at $450 just 2 days ago. I'm with you, no way for that price. You would still give more than me at half the price. Wink

Agreed. That bus is a $1500 storage bin.
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:

My friend sold that Bus on The Samba for $3900 recently. Thought it was going to Chicago area. Bus got picked up, appears to still be in the area. Someone thinking they are cashing in I guess.

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Skim wrote:

that thing could be dope with a little love
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
Skim wrote:

I would call it a limper, not a driver. No brakes.
Sounds like they got it started and moved it around the driveway.

Very cool model. Sweet fade.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:

My friend sold that Bus on The Samba for $3900 recently. Thought it was going to Chicago area. Bus got picked up, appears to still be in the area. Someone thinking they are cashing in I guess.

You're friend got full market value IMO.
The bus does look pretty solid, but it's funny how the primary damage is listed as "stripped".
No secondary damage was listed in the area thoughtfully provided.
Didn't they notice how the bus slid along the ground on its drivers side?

otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
Long-roofs wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:

You're friend got full market value IMO.
The bus does look pretty solid, but it's funny how the primary damage is listed as "stripped".
No secondary damage was listed in the area thoughtfully provided.
Didn't they notice how the bus slid along the ground on its drivers side?

This bus went to Copart auction yesterday and didnt meet the seller's undisclosed reserve. I didnt watch the auction online, so I dont know what was bid. The "Buy it Now" went down to $6200. In my limited experience "Buy it Now" on Copart is a dreaming price by the seller in excess (far excess here from you collectively say) of market value. It is up again for auction and I bet it will be several more times. The relisting period for buses like this is about one week. So it may keep getting auctioned weekly.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
chris henry wrote:
Skim wrote:

definitely cool, DD, right color, narrow hatch, etc. for full price i would want an actual driving bus. It is missing a couple of grand worth of seats.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
low54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
Clara wrote:
chris henry wrote:
Skim wrote:

definitely cool, DD, right color, narrow hatch, etc. for full price i would want an actual driving bus. It is missing a couple of grand worth of seats.

It's also missing a couple of grand of lower metal work
EeVeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

I guess the price will rise a bit. Laughing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132283491893
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2082531
seems legit
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
seems legit

If I were in the market for a Single Cab I would check it out for sure. Seems like a decent deal for a running/driving sc. Much nicer than the one I already own.
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
chris henry wrote:
seems legit

If I were in the market for a Single Cab I would check it out for sure. Seems like a decent deal for a running/driving sc. Much nicer than the one I already own.

I have a OG paint 58 that is in comparable condition and I would need pretty close to 20k to part with . at 15k I would call this the best SC deal on the samba right now
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 397, 398, 399 ... 507, 508, 509  Next
Jump to:
Page 398 of 509

Jump to: