Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official good deal on Buses or parts topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426 ... 508, 509, 510  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

D-train wrote:
zuggbug wrote:
Shocked Shocked

I was stoked to say the least! Here’s the rest.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And this panel. I don’t need it obviously! Haha

Score!

What happened to the RHD PG/SG bus and the RHD outie vent turkis bus they got the interiors from?
Are you in Australia?
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

So Clara how do you know the long panel came from an outie vent, different skrew pattern??? Lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
So Clara how do you know the long panel came from an outie vent, different skrew pattern??? Lol

Trim length?
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

The back edge.
outie:

innie:

You can fit a early panel into a late bus and vice versa, the back edge won't line up with where it should screw in.

It means that late 63s with innie vents have unique lower and upper corner panels.
This also means there are three versions of "a 63 interior panels set" for a microbus.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Wow learned something new. Never noticed the angle cut like that on early interior panels.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

This seems like a good deal for a solid Westy with an interesting history. Typical setup for a German delivered Westy: two tone paint, steering lock, no jalousie windows, no port code/Westy Code (or Westy VIN code) but does have special paint code.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1936297

Has the early cooler (whale pump), spare tire setup removed for Eberspacher (which its mcoded for), also ordered with belly pans. Has a few issues but still a solid deal.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

There's no need to remove the spare tire well for an eberspacher VW never did that.

srfndoc wrote:
This seems like a good deal for a solid Westy with an interesting history. Typical setup for a German delivered Westy: two tone paint, steering lock, no jalousie windows, no port code/Westy Code (or Westy VIN code) but does have special paint code.

Has the early cooler (whale pump), spare tire setup removed for Eberspacher (which its mcoded for), also ordered with belly pans. Has a few issues but still a solid deal.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
There's no need to remove the spare tire well for an eberspacher VW never did that.

srfndoc wrote:

True. Maybe someone wanted a wider bed.
Dual carbs don't fit with an Eberspacher I've heard.
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
crofty wrote:

srfndoc wrote:

My bad, I was thinking of the Stewart Warner heater setup which requires the spare tire removal.

Bed appears to be the same width although the rear pad has been extended.

Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Is there any pics of the outside of the bus
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Skim wrote:

No good side shots for sure. Based on the description in the last photo it sounds like he had some recent metal work done and the outside resprayed with new pics coming. He should post some underneath photos as well or provide a link to more shots.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Skim wrote:

Just of the nose and rear.

A little stuffy to camp in with all stationary windows.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
crofty wrote:

srfndoc wrote:

Trust me they don't. You have to run a single carb.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

^^

that dog leash to hold up the backrest on the Z bed doesn't exactly look stock- lol

this looks cheap by comparison

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2163069
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:
^^

that dog leash to hold up the backrest on the Z bed doesn't exactly look stock- lol

Yep, his bed hinges must be broke so they don't click to hold upright.

That 62' Flipseat is definitely cheaper but I see zero left of the actual Westy kit including the flipseat itself and the arms. It would take a grip of money and a ton of luck to find all that stuff. Probably a prime candidate for a repro kit with some kind of swivel seat mod. Still a cool starting point.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Id think, and this is conservative, that you're looking at close to $9k just to get the kit, tent, and front seat for that bus. If you wanted it complete then there's another $5k for the little stuff.

srfndoc wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:
^^

Yep, his bed hinges must be broke so they don't click to hold upright.

That 62' Flipseat is definitely cheaper but I see zero left of the actual Westy kit including the flipseat itself and the arms. It would take a grip of money and a ton of luck to find all that stuff. Probably a prime candidate for a repro kit with some kind of swivel seat mod. Still a cool starting point.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

otahuhu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Id think, and this is conservative, that you're looking at close to $9k just to get the kit, tent, and front seat for that bus. If you wanted it complete then there's another $5k for the little stuff.

5k for an original chair, Mauser bowl, toilet, shot glasses, chandelier, 3x hunnersdorf water jugs, subhatch rack and clamps, sisal mat, 3x sprung rear mattresses, wood panels, green cot, bottle rack, fridge- ice-tray and shelves, hardware etc... its 1k just for the repro fabric to redo the curtains. And an original chair if one ever came up for sale could potentially be 5k alone...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nineteensixtyfiveVG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

This feels like a good deal. What do you guys think?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2165693
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

billstickly1 wrote:

Linda, are you watching? Here's your 56.
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

billstickly1 wrote:

Shouldn't last long IMO...
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 424, 425, 426 ... 508, 509, 510  Next
Jump to:
Page 425 of 510

Jump to: