Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official good deal on Buses or parts topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 479, 480, 481 ... 508, 509, 510  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

vwcollective wrote:
buseric wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otahuhu wrote:
mandraks wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Riff Raff wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:
^^^^

I would buy this instead and get busy with some oven cleaner and see what turns up

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2392934

I like his ad.
Straight, to the point, no BS
Pretty much all you need to know to start negotiations

Agreed. I have no idea whether the price is fair, but the ad is great, and it is a double door walk though with a dormy top. What a great base for a great build!

Only thing I could ask for is more photos in the ad.

this could be a baller bus. especially with front seats. needs a nice westy interior.

Seriously!!! its a panel bus, you want a panel camper, what are you going to do when it rains for 3 days straight, start making a shank so you can bust out of your sweatbox on wheels... Cool

Yeah I don’t get the buzz over this one, it’s panel bus with a shitty roof and a chunk of fiberglass thrown on top for the dreamers.

Agree.

"Fixed it" for all the lovers, haters and mis-informed sambanistas.

That is fucking excellent.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

I am going to go out on a limb here and say if a bus has not sold in 9 months with multiple ads, then it might not be a good deal.

Good deals usually go quick.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AC Mack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Is this the Bus that Scott R once owned?
1966 Westfalia so42 Schiebedach fabrik 4864
1967 Model 231 EZ Kamper # 1940
1978 Westfalia P 31 / 1987 Westfalia Wolfram Grau
Split Bus Club / Lost Coast Bays / North Coast Vans
Long may that Split Bus run!
Always and Everywhere Volkswagen

Last edited by AC Mack on Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Camping doesn't do it for me, but I still watch threads on camper restorations, so ...

Doesn't having double doors and a walk through arrangement hamper the ability to convert that van to a camper? Where would you put cabinets and a table etc.?

I could see that a pair of awnings would work, with one on either side, and you could have a loads more 'outdoor' space. But then you'd basically have a big tent with a van in the middle?

Were there double door walk through camper setups?

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
Camping doesn't do it for me, but I still watch threads on camper restorations, so ...

Doesn't having double doors and a walk through arrangement hamper the ability to convert that van to a camper? Where would you put cabinets and a table etc.?

I could see that a pair of awnings would work, with one on either side, and you could have a loads more 'outdoor' space. But then you'd basically have a big tent with a van in the middle?

Were there double door walk through camper setups?

There were american camper conversions with doubledoors. I can't think if I have seen a doubledoor walkthrough one though. All the doors do is eliminate the place for the table to mount on the long wall. The cabinets in all split campers are not really in the way of those doors. In fact, most LHD campers have a cabinet right in the way of entering the bus when you open the first cargo door, which requires you to open the other cargo door to get in. Just another reason that people removed that cabinet from so many campers. On doubledoor and RHD campers, you just open one cargo door on the left side of the bus and you are in.

Camping isn't just for the woods, half of my camping is done in parking lots of car shows and swap meets, where is it nice to have a car to sleep in.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
I am going to go out on a limb here and say if a bus has not sold in 9 months with multiple ads, then it might not be a good deal.

Good deals usually go quick.

Yes. And he “fixed” his ad, and perhaps “showed everyone”.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1yUMjjvfQo

Kidding aside, it’s not a horrible bus to start with though.
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

vwcollective wrote:
buseric wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otahuhu wrote:
mandraks wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Riff Raff wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:
^^^^

I would buy this instead and get busy with some oven cleaner and see what turns up

I like his ad.

Agreed. I have no idea whether the price is fair, but the ad is great, and it is a double door walk though with a dormy top. What a great base for a great build!

this could be a baller bus. especially with front seats. needs a nice westy interior.

Seriously!!! its a panel bus, you want a panel camper, what are you going to do when it rains for 3 days straight, start making a shank so you can bust out of your sweatbox on wheels... Cool

Yeah I don’t get the buzz over this one, it’s panel bus with a shitty roof and a chunk of fiberglass thrown on top for the dreamers.

Agree.

Not knocking the bus, just the buzz and good deal status. Interesting bus and project at the right price.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

buseric wrote:

Not knocking the bus, just the buzz and good deal status. Interesting bus and project at the right price.

i like the bus, because it is a narrow hatch double door walk through. For camper tops, Dormy is the winner for me. I had Westy Pop top, dormy top, and a 68 bay with the big westy top. Dormy rules because you gain so much interior space and headroom.

13 grand is not a great deal, but it is still a cool bus. Start negotiating until it is a good deal.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

buseric wrote:
vwcollective wrote:
buseric wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otahuhu wrote:
mandraks wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Riff Raff wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:
^^^^

I like his ad.

Agree.

I really don't have much to say...except I hope prospective buyers realize how costly and difficult it is to finish a dormobile installation, that is as incomplete as that one is.

and then you still have a camper with no windows Shocked
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

sled wrote:

I really don't have much to say...except I hope prospective buyers realize how costly and difficult it is to finish a dormobile installation, that is as incomplete as that one is.

what do mean? dormy top has all the windows i want in a camper. panel means privacy.

unless somebody is 7 foot tall they are not looking into the roof

Uli

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

sled wrote:
buseric wrote:
vwcollective wrote:
buseric wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otahuhu wrote:
mandraks wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Riff Raff wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:
^^^^

I like his ad.

Agree.

Hacked panel doors with Hehr windows ain't too tough to come by. Paint 'em up and bolt 'em on!
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Dormobile tops rule indeed! The “opening” is actually bigger that a sliding sunroof! It’s YUGE! Shocked

While my first install took me, myself and I over 8 days, the last one was done inside of 3 days with help. Cool

And panel campers need less curtains. Razz
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
sled wrote:
buseric wrote:
vwcollective wrote:
buseric wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otahuhu wrote:
mandraks wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Riff Raff wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:
^^^^

I like his ad.

Agree.

Hacked panel doors with Hehr windows ain't too tough to come by. Paint 'em up and bolt 'em on!
How about kombi doors, hack in some kombi windows behind the doors and put a BBT sunroof roof on it. Doubledoor walkthrough sunroof kombi.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
sled wrote:
buseric wrote:
vwcollective wrote:
buseric wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otahuhu wrote:
mandraks wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Riff Raff wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:
^^^^

I like his ad.

Agree.

How about kombi doors, hack in some kombi windows behind the doors and put a BBT sunroof roof on it. Doubledoor walkthrough sunroof kombi.

Hackin' and weldin'!? Blasphemy!!!
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

I'm kinda digging this:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2412516

Not sure how desirable sliders are, but definitely rare.

I think it'd be a good deal at $20k and if it's truly as solid as it looks.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

teahead wrote:
I'm kinda digging this:

66-67 they are a lot more "common" while still being uncommon.

They are neat Buses because of the slider door.

There are a few slider Standards around that have ragtops too...
And a bunch of slider 21-Windows
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
teahead wrote:
I'm kinda digging this:

66-67 they are a lot more "common" while still being uncommon.

They are neat Buses because of the slider door.

There are a few slider Standards around that have ragtops too...
And a bunch of slider 21-Windows

yeah, I like that bus, good deal and neat. but I kept remembering working on my friends bay window and that sliding noise and clunk... and then again because it wasn't hard enough to latch. can't do it
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:

yeah, I like that bus, good deal and neat. but I kept remembering working on my friends bay window and that sliding noise and clunk... and then again because it wasn't hard enough to latch. can't do it

exactly. i owned 1, never going to happen again.

Uli

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
Erik G wrote:

exactly. i owned 1, never going to happen again.

Only an issue when camping, and someone has to go pee in the middle of the night.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
sled wrote:
buseric wrote:
vwcollective wrote:
buseric wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
otahuhu wrote:
mandraks wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Riff Raff wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:
^^^^

I like his ad.

Agree.

Don’t forget dual swivel seats.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 479, 480, 481 ... 508, 509, 510  Next
Jump to:
Page 480 of 510

Jump to: