Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official good deal on Buses or parts topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 499, 500, 501 ... 507, 508, 509  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

It was posted I believe at 12:30 est, I called at 3:15 est and got it. He said a few had messaged and one was wanting to come view the following week. I guess the buyers just were snoozing. I was shocked it was up as long as it was. I just made shipping arrangements for it today. Seemed like a good deal but it’s definitely risky buying sight unseen from across the country based on a few so so pictures so I’m not celebrating just yet. I’ve never had a subhatch and I’m not even sure how comfy the sleeping set up will be for me compared to my ‘60 bus with a later style Westy setup in it.

Funny part is I’m starting to believe you can speak things into existence. My friend Connor the day before was just asking if I ever found bus deals on samba which I replied it had been a few years and I don’t constantly check like I use to. And secondly we were discussing models of buses we had never owned… mine was a subhatch Westy haha go figure. It has been a good run of special vw buys the last month for me. I plan to share a video of the 3 in the next couple weeks.
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
It was posted I believe at 12:30 est, I called at 3:15 est and got it. He said a few had messaged and one was wanting to come view the following week. I guess the buyers just were snoozing. I was shocked it was up as long as it was. I just made shipping arrangements for it today. Seemed like a good deal but it’s definitely risky buying sight unseen from across the country based on a few so so pictures so I’m not celebrating just yet. I’ve never had a subhatch and I’m not even sure how comfy the sleeping set up will be for me compared to my ‘60 bus with a later style Westy setup in it.

Funny part is I’m starting to believe you can speak things into existence. My friend Connor the day before was just asking if I ever found bus deals on samba which I replied it had been a few years and I don’t constantly check like I use to. And secondly we were discussing models of buses we had never owned… mine was a subhatch Westy haha go figure. It has been a good run of special vw finds the last month for me. I plan to share a video of the 3 in the next couple weeks.

the so23 setup in only good for solo camping in my opinion unless you and your girl are on the small side. I find the 42 layout much more convenient when you are actually using it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

What was it listed for? Looks amazing. Looking forward to Grays videos.

EverettB wrote:
npbusguy wrote:
von_hansel wrote:
Killer deal for a '60 SO23. It looked complete too.

I hope we don't see it for sale on this site for more than double in 10 days

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2590074

Any photos of the interior? I only see the front of the bus in the deleted ad.

Ad pics
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Casey Cash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

20K. Looking forward to a video also, I'm sure I'll be after New Year's till the bus makes to the East Coast.
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
It was posted I believe at 12:30 est, I called at 3:15 est and got it.

Congrats bro!

I hesitated which is the golden rule that you don't do. By the time I called he said it was gone.

Looking forward to seeing more pics of it.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
Graysvws wrote:

Funny part is I’m starting to believe you can speak things into existence. My friend Connor the day before was just asking if I ever found bus deals on samba which I replied it had been a few years and I don’t constantly check like I use to. And secondly we were discussing models of buses we had never owned… mine was a subhatch Westy haha go figure. It has been a good run of special vw finds the last month for me. I plan to share a video of the 3 in the next couple weeks.

the so23 setup in only good for solo camping in my opinion unless you and your girl are on the small side. I find the 42 layout much more convenient when you are actually using it

Depends on the model. The A23 is the best because there is no cooler and cabinet so you have a nice wide and long sleeping platform when the bed is made. I also agree it’s optimal as a single sleeper but it’s doable for two, pretty much the same width as a SO42 with a closet.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
grailoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:

Funny part is I’m starting to believe you can speak things into existence. My friend Connor the day before was just asking if I ever found bus deals on samba which I replied it had been a few years and I don’t constantly check like I use to. And secondly we were discussing models of buses we had never owned… mine was a subhatch Westy haha go figure. It has been a good run of special vw buys the last month for me. I plan to share a video of the 3 in the next couple weeks.

congrats I also have a so23 since 2008 and still love this bus.
My oldspeed 36hp autotechnik express build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=670827
My garage build: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199438
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2574333

This seems like a pretty good price for what appears to be a very solid original double door.
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2592819
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

a lot better deal than $1200 for bare frames that they are selling

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2592818

does the cover look like a TMI repop?
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
I’ve never had a subhatch and I’m not even sure how comfy the sleeping set up will be for me compared to my ‘60 bus with a later style Westy setup in it. .

Did you at least try sleeping in it to see how comfy the set up is before you put it for sale on IG for "DM for prices"? Very Happy
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

von_hansel wrote:
Graysvws wrote:
I’ve never had a subhatch and I’m not even sure how comfy the sleeping set up will be for me compared to my ‘60 bus with a later style Westy setup in it. .

Did you at least try sleeping in it to see how comfy the set up is before you put it for sale on IG for "DM for prices"? Very Happy

As a matter a fact I did! We had a couple buddies camp out at our shop Wednesday night. Went to bed in it and after an hour of kicking around my gf switched over to her ‘60 mango with a late model camper interior. Sub hatch’s as I imagined are great for looking at and solo camping. 2 people not so much. That’s my 2 cents anyways. Beyond that I’m not positive that I’m going to sell it regardless. And lastly, my price would be significantly less than people are trying to guess it will be.
‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Wow an SO42 is more comfortable for 2 to sleep? Good to know. I see it listed today. I hope you post a video to your channel, always great to see.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2593549

Graysvws wrote:
von_hansel wrote:
Graysvws wrote:

As a matter a fact I did! We had a couple buddies camp out at our shop Wednesday night. Went to bed in it and after an hour of kicking around my gf switched over to her ‘60 mango with a late model camper interior. Sub hatch’s as I imagined are great for looking at and solo camping. 2 people not so much. That’s my 2 cents anyways. Beyond that I’m not positive that I’m going to sell it regardless. And lastly, my price would be significantly less than people are trying to guess it will be.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Working on a video now, and you’ll see the other 2 vws I opted to hang onto a bit instead of this one haha. Was a tough decision but doing all 3 just wasn’t in the cards for me.

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Wow an SO42 is more comfortable for 2 to sleep? Good to know. I see it listed today. I hope you post a video to your channel, always great to see.

Graysvws wrote:
von_hansel wrote:
Graysvws wrote:

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
Casey Cash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

That didn't take long ......
Photo
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Wow an SO42 is more comfortable for 2 to sleep?

My experience is the softness of the bed is not considerably different between the campers. The exit strategy for getting up to pee in the middle of the night is a lot easier for the camper kits which you are over top of the engine compartment rather than centered in the cargo area. When you are centered in the cargo area, one person is blocked in and has to be climbed over to get out and in. That said, you are pretty much waking up you partner either way. Also, split buses are easier for a quiet exit and entry with the cargo door versus a sliding door. most stock westies make up for this by putting a cabinet in front of the forward cargo door, so you have to open both to get in or out. This is why many iceboxes are missing. They really get in the way.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Casey Cash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Still restoring my SO42, so haven't slept in it yet. Do most SO42 overnighters sleep head towards cargo/engine or steering wheel?
I_Dont_Mind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

von_hansel wrote:
Killer deal for a '60 SO23. It looked complete too.

I hope we don't see it for sale on this site for more than double in 10 days

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2590074

Not quite but close.
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

I’m 6’ tall, cold weather I sleep with my head by the rear hatch. Warm weather the opposite bc it’s just more spacious with your head past the cabinet and with the hatch cracked for my toes to peak out a bit 😂. I sleep in a bus probably 50 nights a year

Casey Cash wrote:
Still restoring my SO42, so haven't slept in it yet. Do most SO42 overnighters sleep head towards cargo/engine or steering wheel?

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Casey Cash wrote:

never occurred to me to sleep head towards the steering wheel. I lived in my SO44 for a week or 2 while looking for a room to rent in university. winter semester in germany. propane heater (truma) with thermostat, so nice.

found SO44 super comfy to sleep, with dormy top i could stand up in it, even with the top down. roof up is much better, of course, but it will do.

my 68 westy was okay too, but sliding door is a pain in the ass at night.

Edited: it was a SO44, not a 42 Smile

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel

Last edited by mandraks on Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 499, 500, 501 ... 507, 508, 509  Next
Jump to:
Page 500 of 509

Jump to: