Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

sears rascal emblem
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
247vws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been able to like a purple vehicle.

Till now!

You rock!
I love the look this project has.
Keep us posted!
John
1966 VW Beetle "Rose"
1974 VW Beetle "SunBug"

The best FORUM for dune buggy information worldwide is.... www.dunebuggyarchives.com
http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/forum_show.pl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MURZI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dauum Son!!! Looks NICE!!!
45 Dells
A1 sidewinder
Fk44 cam
247vws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a pic of an original Sears Emblem still on the nose of a Rascal Pickup.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1966 VW Beetle "Rose"
1974 VW Beetle "SunBug"

The best FORUM for dune buggy information worldwide is.... www.dunebuggyarchives.com
http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/forum_show.pl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoulda stole that badge off my fridge before I took it to the dump, put it on the hood, painted the car white, and got a personalized plate that said "KENMORE". No one would get it. Might be a better plan for a poptop bus.

No kidding, I think that it is an identical item to what they put on the fridges in the 70's and maybe even 80's. It was thick clear disk of plastic, maybe 1/8" to 3/16", about a inch and a half across. Up on the freezer door.

A friend of mine robbed a metal Sears bike badge off of a bike frame he was hauling to the dump. If I can find a way of spreading it (it's contoured for a 1" tube), I'll put it on my roll cage somewhere. I'll order a nose sticker once the financial hemorrhaging has stopped....

247, Do you have a full frame shot of the Pickup? Never even heard of one. BTW: The pictures don't really do justice to the paint...it has a mild pearl underneath, with prism flake in the color coat that is very subtle. Clear over the top with the flake and the pearl really makes it pop in the sun. Shame that it will be covered with mud or dust most of the time.....
buggyblues
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=820234
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wbulick76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: sears rascal emblem Reply with quote

I know this is an ancient post, but has anybody ended up making the Sears emblems? Just picked up a Rascal, getting ready to start building it.
glassbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: sears rascal emblem Reply with quote

Yes and no. The sticker was actually used on the Compass 50 scooter they used to sell way back. There is a guy selling repops on Ebay but they are not the correct prism style that gave it a 3D effect. The Rascal sticker was all silver and no gold edge as well. I had asked him if he could make them for us and he can make the gold go away - but no prism option. You could ask him again though - what the heck. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sears-Campus-50-scooter-d...mp;vxp=mtr
glassbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: sears rascal emblem Reply with quote

Compas 50 - notice a familiar sticker?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: sears rascal emblem Reply with quote

I could make those if I could grasp the prism look. I take it the "rays" in the background were basically embossed or something like it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glassbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: sears rascal emblem Reply with quote

For some reason thesamba won't let/allow the picture to upload or I could show you a better pic of it
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: sears rascal emblem Reply with quote

Shoot me an email or PM me for an email to send the photo to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: