Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stuck gas flap on 70 coupe
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Stuck gas flap on 70 coupe Reply with quote

I can't get the gas door open on my '70 coupe. Pulling on the cable doesn't work. Is there a way to loosen/remove the locking latch from inside the front fender?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4ghias
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it’s easer if you take the passenger wheel off and if you look up there will be a couple of (I think #10 bolts) front side if gas flap that hold the door on, take the door off and you will see two screws that hold the lock in place. Some people take the latch off and use a locking gas cap, that way you don’t have to worry about the flap getting stuck again.
peterericb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine pops up if you tap the body metal next to it with your hand.

The latch got painted and sticks a little
snookerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: gas flap Reply with quote

you might try a loop of fishing line (monofiliment) and slip it under the flap and catch the locking bar to pull it to the side... a little wd40 cant't hurt.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: