Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Duckymex - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
Grey Ghost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Ducky Imports / Leonard Huerta Reply with quote

I am a fool for not using the forum assets to check this guy out but I purchased some stuff from the SAMBA link to his website. The total came to $206 with the items weighing about four-pounds total. No shipping estimate or selection was given as part of the purchase and boom when the receipt comes up, it is for $291.95. That means shipping is $85.95 and it is labeled standard shipping. I tried to cancel but that is not an option. Later I get an email notification stating that my total is $291.95 for merchandise and shipping is marked as $0.00. I do not know if I will ever see merchandise, but I wanted to post here for my fellows SAMBA members to be aware of the outlandish shipping charges tagged to the order and the inability for you to cancel out of the transaction one you start. This is deceitful and not in keeping with honest sales. I alerted my credit card company and they could give a rats ass since I have not received the merchandise and the deal is a new deal on a pending order. I will update this later as Leonardo Huerta, aka Ducky Imports from Torrance, CA or Mexico City, Mexico communicates with me. If nothing else, I have learned a lesson on due diligence.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RocklinDave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: it happens Reply with quote

Don't hang yourself over it.. it happens has happened to anyone here that has posted, we try to do everything right and be careful.. but ...and as the economy gets worst, we are the ones that will have to step up, and keep looking out for each other, as you say. cc company and others could give a rats ass, even if its our $$ that will bale them out for their stupid, crooket mistakes in the houseing industry..but for lil guys like us..we're all we got. hopefully he canceled your order. and you don't get burned.. the high set shipping cost is a trick used on *bay alot for sellers to avold taxes and fee's to ebay on final cost.. *bay does not figure they are owed from shipping cost.. hense sell 30.00 and charge a set..pre-bid 70.00 or higher shipping cost, they make their 60 to 70.00 for the item, and still cover cost.. anyways.. good luck. keep folks posted....
Now just a hotrodder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crappy parts+Crappy attitude=Crappy buying experience for many people!!! When a seller has multiple addresses, multiple ebay seller ID's, multiple Samba names, etc....BEWARE. Just dont buy from them. Good sellers maintain their same name and identities for years. Usually people that change names, do so for a bad (usually) reason. Don't support people that use bad business tactics.
Grey Ghost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Ducky Imports / Leonardo Huerta Reply with quote

Well, I will be the first to eat crow. Today the USPS delivered the merchandise I ordered from Ducky Imports complete and high quality. To boot, although without one bit of communications from Leornardo, I received a credit for $70 towards the apparent over-charge for mailing by the mechanics employed by his website. While I am still not satisfied with the transaction methods, he delivered the product and refunded me the funds I thought to be excessive; therefore, I would buy from him again because some of his goods can not be found anywhere else and for that you are willing to take a chance. I provide this feedback as true testimony of this transaction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Ducky Imports / Leonardo Huerta Reply with quote

Grey Ghost wrote:
Well, I will be the first to eat crow. Today the USPS delivered the merchandise I ordered from Ducky Imports complete and high quality. To boot, although without one bit of communications from Leornardo, I received a credit for $70 towards the apparent over-charge for mailing by the mechanics employed by his website. While I am still not satisfied with the transaction methods, he delivered the product and refunded me the funds I thought to be excessive; therefore, I would buy from him again because some of his goods can not be found anywhere else and for that you are willing to take a chance. I provide this feedback as true testimony of this transaction.

So, he read your posts and decided to reverse the situation and you will buy from him again??? What if you did not have access to a site such as The Samba, do you think he or "his Mechanic" would have made this right, probably not, judging by the way he has treated others. Also, I am curious as to what he sells that you cannot get anywhere else. Are you talking about those goofy rubber pedal pads? Most everything else he sells is cheap Taiwan/Chinese crap, that he tries to pass off as German.
Grey Ghost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ducky Imports / Leonardo Huerta Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
Grey Ghost wrote:

So, he read your posts and decided to reverse the situation and you will buy from him again??? What if you did not have access to a site such as The Samba, do you think he or "his Mechanic" would have made this right, probably not, judging by the way he has treated others. Also, I am curious as to what he sells that you cannot get anywhere else. Are you talking about those goofy rubber pedal pads? Most everything else he sells is cheap Taiwan/Chinese crap, that he tries to pass off as German.

I would buy from him again because I recognize good pricing and OE German goods at good prices. I am not saying you should buy from him I am just saying I would buy from him. I do not care what caused him to straighten out the deal, he did it and that is all I care about. I have only been screwed once on a Samba deal and that was very recent and it was not Ducky Mex.
TRparts Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: duckymex on ebay Reply with quote

when buying always read feedback, use paypal, or postal money orders because they require two ID'S to cash can only be purchase & cash in the USA they are fairly affordable & have a mark when placed against the lite just like the dollar bill .
when buying parts if you do not trust someone ask to buy tracking. with this economy things are getting weird; regarding those feet pedals on ads does anyone got any insight of origin. they remind me of the stuff that vw went after, business & companies ( lawsuits) for using the vw logo & name
James5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Samba or ebay! Reply with quote

It's all the same when you have someone selling on both forums. Read all the post and make up your own mind, it's everyones problem that deals with people like this and I'm glad when people let other people know when they have had a problem. If you don't like it don't read it! my 2 centes, read it or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
savannahvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Another Duckyimports Problem Reply with quote

My experience with "Ducky" is minor compared to some of the other problems I've read on the forum. I guess I should feel lucky that the $45 part (funky clock) I ordered arrived although parts were missing!! I also agree that if he advertises on SAMBA and/or EBAY and does not deliver what is advertised, we VW consumers have a right to post complaints and alert our fellow VDubbers of potential problems. Isn't that one function of a forum page?? It seems to me that the bottom line on this guy is steer clear. The potential for disappointment is too high. BTW...he has the same clock I purchased advertised on thesamba right now. Hope you get all the parts if you are crazy enough order one from him....
johnnyrotten
I Cure Seizures!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered small item, came via USPS quickly and as described. No complaints here.

John

In the garage....

64 Ghia
66 beetle
56 Oval rag
58 ex-art project Beetle
A fleet of parts buses and ghias
RocklinDave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: kool Reply with quote

good to hear, another set of funkyfeet brake-clutch pads made their way to their new owners.. lol yea. I got a set
Now just a hotrodder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yeshua4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I read this before sending him payment. Too risky no matter how bad I want the handles he is selling
VDUBYA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just ordered a carn sync tool from him for a good price. got it fast and communicatio was good with him. Also followed up with shipping info. Thanks !
Jessie Jarrell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Duckyimports/duckymex Reply with quote

Purchased front suspension bar on February 8th, 2012 and paid via PayPal. Waited for 3 weeks, no suspension bar, no reply to emails to them, phone number posed would not work. I finally opened a dispute through PayPal and money was refunded in full the next day after I opened the dispute. Very disappointed with the transaction but glad I got my money back. I'll be more careful to make sure I don't purchase from this seller again.
REDG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Duckyimports/duckymex Reply with quote

Jessie Jarrell wrote:
Purchased front suspension bar on February 8th, 2012 and paid via PayPal. Waited for 3 weeks, no suspension bar, no reply to emails to them, phone number posed would not work. I finally opened a dispute through PayPal and money was refunded in full the next day after I opened the dispute. Very disappointed with the transaction but glad I got my money back. I'll be more careful to make sure I don't purchase from this seller again.

I know this guy he is located in kyle tx,his address is <removed by Moderator - we don't addresses to be posted - PM this user for the address if needed> i see him everyday when i pass by,he has a shop with no name on it...
duaneadams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Ducky Imports/[email protected] Reply with quote

Found Ducky Imports on TheSamba. Received the VW rubber feet clutch/brake pads quickly. Tracking # was different, no reply to my e-mails on Empi door pulls on same order. Got PayPal Resolution Center to help get the Empi door pulls. (PAYPALs involvement saved this transaction) I would recommend always pay cash Face to Face with Ducky Imports.
IXLR8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Duckymex on eBay - [email protected] Reply with quote

Not to hijack an old thread, but I recently placed an order for a gas pedal cover with Leonardo. It came in about four days, better than pictured. I am highly pleased with the item, the price, and the fast delivery.

I would buy from him again!

Joe
The ADAC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Duckymex on eBay - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've ordered more than a few item's from this seller, no problems at all and everything I received was better than expected. Fast shipping and always answered my emails promptly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Duckymex on eBay - [email protected] Reply with quote

The ADAC wrote:
I've ordered more than a few item's from this seller, no problems at all and everything I received was better than expected. Fast shipping and always answered my emails promptly.

I was about to order a trinket..not much money, but an email to DUCKYMEX convinced me NOT to order and you should be aware also. He told me to matter of fact send him payment by "friends and family" He is neither, so I did not send. And where is the rest of his feedback?
a_taka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Duckymex on eBay - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a pair of pear shaped mirrors from Leonardo. Got what I ordered and was better that what I expected. Thank you all the way from Hawaii. Would definitely buy from him again. Mahalo.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: