Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwinnovator
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
matt davis
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, what an asshat.

I've stood by Andy's transaction through the whole thing and I might have or not suggested to call Shawn....glad you did.

It's just hard to buy used parts nowadays with people namedropping to benefit themselves, etc.

Paul, I would suggest not using things like AUG 97 or whatever that is for your "front engine" car. Do you know how many cars I've had, raced, crashed, sold, traded, and so on since 97?? WOW....you're not only a liar, you're a lag too.

Proving that a 009 works? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Basically you're just saying that because you can't afford an MSD. There is no reason whatsoever ANYONE would say that "its just to prove that 009 with points works" C'mon man..... Rolling Eyes That's the most backyard hokey setup there is if you're a "racer" like you claim. But then again...I won't clown on some of the stuff I did see in MD when I was there.... Shocked

Paul, just be careful what you say and to who, everyone knows everyone in this scene. You SHOULD know that since you've been doing it for so long. Rolling Eyes
1967 Ghia'tine Drag Car
1966 Hardtop Sedan
Livermore, CA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, what I was told, you were told. If it is not accurate, I stand corrected. And your right, It does make me look like an ass. Embarassed
An ass for being in the middle and not doing my own research on it's history. In hindsight, I blame myself also.
Either way,
you spent a couple months inquiring about it, made offer below the asking price, jumped on it at the price I offered it to another for, and "claimed" it so I wouldn't sell it to someone else.

You stated I'm "horrible to deal with", yet you've showed plenty of proof for communication and delivery of the part.
And, despite all your negativity towards me, I still offer to take the case back?
Wow, I must really be a terrible person to do business with.

So what's it going to be, are you keeping the case or sending it back?
2stroke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
Like I said, what I was told, you were told. If it is not accurate, I stand corrected. And your right, It does make me look like an ass. Embarassed
An ass for being in the middle and not doing my own research on it's history. In hindsight, I blame myself also.
Either way,
you spent a couple months inquiring about it, made offer below the asking price, jumped on it at the price I offered it to another for, and "claimed" it so I wouldn't sell it to someone else.

You stated I'm "horrible to deal with", yet you've showed plenty of proof for communication and delivery of the part.
And, despite all your negativity towards me, I still offer to take the case back?
Wow, I must really be a terrible person to do business with.

So what's it going to be, are you keeping the case or sending it back?

I never said i want a refund, just that you are a pita to deal with, and possibly lie IE passing false information to sell your products. that being said I am done with this transaction and with this thread. Just passing on facts to would-be shoppers of yours...IF they take the time to search for feedback prior to sending you their hard earned money.

thank you
Andrew
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say that you don't want a refund, and that you didnt buy it for it's history? What the hell then? Paul is willing to refund some money to you, which he doesnt have to do, and you bash him?
metric autohaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, enough. look, i live near paul, have been to his shop many times. he is not a bad person. i usually dont put my 2 cents into this crap, but here it goes, paul DOES know what he is doing w/ a motor. he has helped many people by repairing their motors, helping them build motors, and building them for him. i have been around him enough to know that he is more of a giving person than most.
#2, you make no sense in your rants. have you never gotten info from sources you trusted that was incorrect? no one is perfect no matter how hard they try. it seems to me you are more interested in the stature of owning a geers block than anything. that is what you keep ranting about.
hell, i have seen the motors just laying around pauls shop and would love to get one! the man knows his shit. i have been involved w/ the vw industry now for 20 years, and have seen this crap w/ petty people before.
heres the deal..... did you get the case, YES. was it the case specs that you wanted? sounds like it. was it damaged? doesnt sound like it. did you get it for a fair price? obviously or you wouldnt have paid for it. so, wheres the problem? just that it wasnt in shawns car? big deal. do you know how many motors ghe goes through in a year? probably alot. he's a pro racer!!
my best advice is to take the refund offered ( which is more than most would do) or stop trying to beat the guy down.
and as far as him not being able to afford a MSD setup......
trust me, he can buy as many as he wants. and probably has a few extras laying around he doesnt even realize.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
2stroke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2stroke wrote:
I never said i want a refund, just that you are a pita to deal with, and possibly lie IE passing false information to sell your products. that being said I am done with this transaction and with this thread. Just passing on facts to would-be shoppers of yours...IF they take the time to search for feedback prior to sending you their hard earned money.

thank you
Andrew

Quote:
You say that you don't want a refund, and that you didnt buy it for it's history? What the hell then? Paul is willing to refund some money to you, which he doesnt have to do, and you bash him?

please read what i write before you post. i never said i wanted a refund. and I also did not buy the case from him for his history...he USED its fake history to tell me how good it is, and trust me shawn REJECTED this case for a customer of his, that is why paul owns(ed) it. so yea...that is false advertising... plain and simple. agian...read first
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LadyVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2stroke wrote:
2stroke wrote:

thank you
Andrew

Quote:

please read what i write before you post. i never said i wanted a refund. and I also did not buy the case from him for his history...he USED its fake history to tell me how good it is, and trust me shawn REJECTED this case for a customer of his, that is why paul owns(ed) it. so yea...that is false advertising... plain and simple. agian...read first

Paul does not own this case, he's selling it for a friend. He has stated info that was given to him by this person. At any time before you purchased this case, you could have called Mr. Geers yourself to verify such info.
If this case was rejected, as you are saying Mr. Geers has stated, then why do you want it? Do you have a real reason to be this bitchy?

I deal with Paul on a regular basis, and he isn't trying to pull one over on you. You paid the price you wanted to pay for an item that you wanted, you have recieved said item.

I don't really understand what more there is to say? If you are so irritated with the fact that the case doesn't come with proof of previously stated history, you should just return it, and not do business with Paul again. It really is that easy.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for jumping in people, I appreciate the support in this matter.

LadyVW- it's actually a consignment deal with my friend. I ended up with the parts and listed them for sale to help out.

Andrew,
Consider this,
These are pics of other Items my friend brought over from his purchase:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/315304.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/315303.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/315300.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/315297.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/315296.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/315297.jpg

Considering that the welding is Shawn's style, the trans tag is clearly labled, the Vac pump set-up is also from Shawn, Shawn runs the 101's..

What reason would I have had to question what I was told from my friend?

Additionally, If Shawn had rejected the case for a customer, as you claim Rolling Eyes ,
then:
(1)why did Shawn quote my friend a price to assembly it? and;
(2)Why didn't you just complain it's "no good" and send it back?

I guess you figured the cost the case new, the welding and machining done to it, the roller lifter set-up, the fittings with it, ..., and KNOW you got a good deal.

It's too bad you took this approach with me, You seemed like a good guy at first, and I am impressed with your turbo car, but I'm no longer impressed with you. Consider this bridge burned and good luck with your build.

Since you said several time you didn't want a refund, I've passed on the funds to my friend. This deal is Done.

Hmmm....I think I'll go buy one of those MSD thingamabobs and maybe a how to build a vw race motor book.
cbr900racer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul sold me an 8 dowel stock weight flywheel. He was quick to answer emails and it arrived in good shape. I would definitely buy from him again.
97 Blazer
07 Nitro
94 CBR900RR (runs 5.70s 1/8 mile)
PV AUTO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i bought a set of big valve ported heads from him that worthless! he told me all they needed was a valve grind and new valve guides. that was a bunch of shit! i took them to about 5 different machine shops and engine builders in southern cali and was told by everyone that the heads were junk. during the actual purchase process he would take forever to respond to my e-mails, i tried having him call me several times but with no response, i received the heads about 2 weeks after he had cashed my check and still wouldnt respond to my e-mails. i have sent him a e-mail lettin him know that the heads are shit and that knowing what condition they were in and still selling them for $350 and telling me that any good machine shop can repair them is thievery! im sorry but if D&D FAB, action cylinder, vw paradise, jiffy machine, and countless other places me theres no hope and frankly laugh when they see them then i know theres no hope.in my eyes hes a crook and HIGHLY DONT RECOMMEND BUYING ANYTHING FROM HIM! im still hoping i can receive a e-mail from him but i doubt that will happen
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is interesting.
And you seem to be mistaken in your comments.

Looking back into this transaction, it's been 5 months since you purchased the set of heads, valves, and manifolds fully aware of thier needs.
You recieved pictures, multiple suggestions on ways to repair, as well as options of ready to go heads. You chose the cheapest route.

Additionally, you emailed me that you had already been quoted prices for the repairs by your machine shop prior to purchasing.

Go back and re-read the list of e-mails you just sent me. You have full disclosure of the heads needs stated several times.

5 months later your claiming you can't find someone to fix them????

The heads are fully workable and the repairs to the boss areas can easily be done. I know this for a fact as I've done/had boss repairs done previously.
You need a shop that can weld Al. if you now want to go the right(more costly) way, OR if your still trying to stay cheap, take them to a domestic machine shop and have the guides w/ the integrated bosses installed.

If your choices of machine shops are unable or not interested in the work, send them back and I'll have my sources do the repairs-at your expense of course.

I wouldn't be surprised if the shops you mentioned quoted you much higher prices than you indicated to me that you could have them fixed for prior to your purchasing.
PV AUTO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it has been 4 months. and i have taken them to the best sources in southern california and NONE of them can repair them. they dont make 9/16 valve guides! i had called my machine shop prior to purchasing telling them what you told me. to just install oversize guides. we didnt have them in hand to see how dam big the valve guide bosses were. and do you really think im gonna send them overthere to try to patch them up. im sorry but when adam wick and vw paradise both tell me theyve never seen any1 do that to heads and that its a joke...if they cant fix them then i dont know who can.well thats enough for me. look iv tried every possible source i could use and it just aint gonna happen which is why its been so long. im not one of those people that give up on just one place. i dont know if you or a machine shop are the ones that say they are repairable but there NOT. as far as going the "cheap way" is not correct. i was willing to pay any amount to "fix them" right which is why i went to the best. you shouldnt of said that they are a easy fix when you knew they wernt salvagable. and as far as the other heads you were offering me they wouldnt of worked for my application and you keep saying i want to go the "cheap" way; look you dont know me so quit trying to make me out as a person trying to go the cheap route. i didnt even ask you to return my money! and obviously iv gone to the best if you know anybody in the vw scene. i just think its wrong on how you work and what you did and hope that if anybody else sees this they wont get burnt by you like i did. maybe you do think you or your machinist can repair them but as far as professionally doing it the right way it is just not possible. and the set up with the inserts and guides pressed into those dont work and didnt work obviously.
george4888 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Paul Langlois Reply with quote

My thanks to Paul for selling me some good parts. I have purchased from his a set of used 48 IDA Webers with matched intakes ,,,all were good. And, just got a nice set of 42 by 37.5 heads that look like new, with matched IDA manifolds, a good used FK-89 cam with matched lifters,,,,boxed where the lifter matches the cam lobes and a good Mangum straight cut gear set...All good parts,,,,He is a good person to deal with,,in my opinion. George Karacostas AKA Karacostas Car Repair Shop,,,,Hitchcock, Texas,,,,working only on old VW's....
www.bayareavwclub.com
1969 Beetle, 2007cc engine

"Life is hard, but it's harder when you are stupid."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a T-3 trans mount from Paul. FAST shipping. Just as described. All is well.
Paul

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
Typ_315
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: what the? Reply with quote

I stumbled across this old thread and am amazed at how petty some people can be... Who cares if the case was owned by Geers? He drives the car in a straight line, big deal, does that mean it wont work driving around a corner or vice versa? It's like saying the car was owned by Elvis Presely, where have you heard that before?

What was the case rejected for? Is Geers NADCAP certified? Most probably not, so how can he reject it over the next person on the street? Everyone claims to be an engineer, but you would be suprised.

I just can't figure out why everyone is jacked up about "who" owned this and that. Heck, I own a Notch that was owned by the Presdient of Bosch Gmbh, but I am not going to town on it. I have a friend who owns a 914-6 that Ferdinand Piech drove in a press release, I dont see him bragging about it. Get over it...
Germanborn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is one thing I have learned while doing business, it is this: exchanges happen everyday, and sometimes people aren't happy with the outcome. Some people bend way over backwards, and they are considered good buyers, or on the other end, good sellers. If a buyer won't budge past his line in the sand, he is often thought of as a "jerk" to the seller, but "standing his ground" to other buyers. But people are really harsh on sellers, as they very well SHOULD be. If a seller doesn't budge, then he is a "crook" or "hard to deal with". Some people may not possess the energy, creativity, empathy, generosity, ethics, social skills, balance, judgment, knowledge, soul or whatever to bend over more than they can bend over. Does that make them a bad business person? For some they may be the worst person in the world, for others they may be tolerable at best. Honestly, a customer wants service, value, and no issues. Period. If that means bending over backwards, then that's what needs to be managed. I have learned a lot from buying all the assets from his VW business [vwinnovator's]. I probably paid a lot more than I actually got in the beginning, but I learned from it all. I saw that damned "H" apron on a shelf in the bathroom, but it wasn't until now that I knew anything about it. What a story that thing could tell. Jesus. The rest of the stuff I know little about either. I just wanted to start up my own VW shop.

I basically threw out all the old customer logs, trashed every single thing outside of the tools, and just started fresh. It was a valuable stepping stone to get out from under a boss and do what I love: restore old VWs and Porsches. I learned, boy did I learn.

I do know this, be very thorough and cautious, take a day or two to really think through the passion of the "wants", and everyone will be happy in the end.

Last edited by Germanborn on Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Germanborn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I get the point. And I must say that I would be friggin amped if I owned either of those cars you mentioned, the notch or the 914-6---for both the cool car AND the histories. Jesus, that's some heavy hardware.

I have an engineering degree from IU, Bloomington, Indiana, a BA in English from UofM, and a film degree from American. So I can huff and puff and act all brainy if I wanted to have no friends, lol. Instead, I just work on VWs. I love em.

So yeah, I see what you are saying about people using status to be cool, or sell stuff...but I also think your notch is cool because of it's history, and Peich? Man o man, that is just bad ass. Does that make me a VW/Porsche fanatic. I guess so. Rolling Eyes
Typ_315
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to meet a fellow engineer, however I can not say I progressed past 12th grade english. true true, but i work for a prime contractor and all of my friends are ex GM or ex Ford engineers, so it's always talking shop about cars, aircraft or submarines...

I'm lucky that our neightbour was Mr head honchy at Bosch, it all boiled down to luck. And with my friend, he hit gold purely based on his Uncle working for Porsche during the 914 development program. Luck is a funny thing, you just never know when it will hit you or run out lol.
ratlook63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been lived Md for a year or so, but I have heard enough about this clown and his brother to fill volumes. This thread is documentation of his MO. I wish he would just go away and stop clogging the classifieds with the same overpriced items year after year....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratlook,

You don't know me and I've never met you, so why the hate?

Please don't mistake me for the relative.

We are entirely different ppl. Stop by and meet me and you may have a diff. opinion.

I cut ppl deals left and right, do high end work for fractions of what the other do, keep things clean cut plain and simple.

The fraction of ppl who can't be pleased no matter what and have posted here are nothing compared to how many I have taken care of.

an "MO" of someone you've never met? and you form an opinion?
there are always two sides to any story, and I've got plenty of stories of the local shops, Rolling Eyes , it's only a matter of time for them.

So, who are your sources of those you claim are discrediting me?
Can you back up what you say?

or do you work for a local shop and fear the competition?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: