Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwinnovator
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know--nor do I care--about any negative stuff presented here. All I know is this:

I advertised in The Samba classifieds for a thermostat set, complete with flaps, thermostat, rod, etc.

Paul was the first to respond to me. His price was not that cheap, and even though I am not rolling in bread, I kept writing him.

He told me he had a complete set of parts to get me where I wanted to go. I wrote one last time to explain that I wanted EVERYTHING needed--a working thermostat (the original kind, of course), it's bracket, the flaps, the rod--even the screws that hold every single part together. You know what I got?

Everything I asked for. I couldn't be more pleased. I even laughed when I noticed that he had screwed on brand new screws and washers that hold the flaps to the fan housing. I immediately tested the thermostat with a hair dryer--and it worked like new.

All was perfect! And I can't say that about a lot of other parts I've purchased from The Classifieds (not that I got this from an actual ad).

Others came after Paul and offered the same stuff (or therabouts) for up to half the price; but I had already made the deal with Paul, and I trusted he would do right by me.

He did.

Now I'm thinking he should give me a pretty nice discount in the future for showering these kind words about his stuff, but I'm also thinking he owes me nothing. He already delivered a beautiful set of items that I sorely needed. Items that, often don't work, due to all the years that have passed. But, like I said, all was perfect.

Tim Donahoe
xsgiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part was as described, reasonable price. Thanks Paul.
Jay Salser Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Tool Pouch Pliers Reply with quote

I placed a Samba WTB Ad recently. Paul responded and sold me a very nice set of Original Tool Pouch Pliers--exactly what I wanted! And, at a good price. Thanks, Paul, for paying attention and for answering my wanted ad. This has just about completed my Pouch. jay salser
JBall8019
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Thing from Paul in 2012, he was extremely helpful . The work he did on the car is holding up well especially the engine. I should have listened to him and had him build a stronger engine than stock. Thank you Paul
DWINDING1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

Recently bought a 1600 cc engine from this gentlemen, and it works great. Not only was Paul extremely courteous and friendly, he took the engine out of the car that day knowing i had traveled some distance and helped me get it into my car. I would definitely purchase from him again. Also the work he showed me on his project cars was amazing and very detailed.

Sincerely,

Dwinding1
obfuscurity
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Paul in person today, completely by happenstance, and I couldn't have been more impressed. He took almost 2 hours out of his busy day to show me around his yard and shop and to inspect my '66 Beetle. He's a super nice guy and was very helpful. In the end I only walked away with a pair of door handles from a '66 he was parting out, but I am planning to do more business with him in the future.

I have to admit I was a bit shocked at all of the negativity in this thread. Maybe I'm biased having met Paul in person, but I think that better communication and more reasonable expectations would have gone a long way towards an amicable outcome.
bugbyte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: good used FI rear apron Price: $100 Reply with quote

Drove down and picked up this apron from Paul. Good deal, good guy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thomas Lindemann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use some caution when dealing with this guy, service is very slow and his overall business attitude is rather lacking.

Seller had advertised a set of stock 15" smoothies so I asked about shipping to my zip code which he quoted me 100.00 or offered since I was close (actually 5-6 hours round trip) I could come pick them up. Due to the times he was available I opted to go ahead and have them shipped and pay paled him ( on 9 April)

On Thursday the 16th after not receiving them (and Maryland is close to Virginia so shipping doesn't take long) I sent a e-mail asking for a tracking number, which he didn't provide, instead he just said he had to get the tires removed and it took longer but they were on the way.

On Monday the 20th I again asked for a tracking number which he provided a photo of (that had the last digits cut off making it unable to track) but at least it showed two boxes being mailed on the 20th.

On the 23rd I received one box of three rims (I still haven't received the 4th rim). It cost $ 30.00 dollars to ship, in a used box that wasn't double walled or any packing in between the rims, no bubble rap just a couple pieces of rolled up cardboard at the very top, hardly an expensive packing job).

One of the rims was nice, one had a slight bend in the lip that I think I can fix, the third is bent in two places and basically junk to me.

I contacted him again on the 25th and told him I still haven't received the 4th rim and could he provide a complete readable tracking number. I also told him I was unhappy with this dealing and that two of the rims were bent. I stated that he charged me $100.00 to ship and that the three rims cost $30.00 so I doubt the 4th cost $20.00 these were his replys.

"You live close enough to have come looked in person to see
if they met your needs. You chose not to, so the cost of shipping back and forth reflect your cost to assess them for your use."

"FYI, the $100pd is for ALL the costs of shipping them-tire dismounting,
packaging, etc. not just what the P.O. received."

I agreed to pay the shipping and have no issue doing so, but why should I have to pay more to return something that should be correct in the first place?

What ever happened to good old fashioned honesty? You didn't advertise bent rims for sale so why should I think that I wouldn't get anything but straight decent rims? And because I didnt come to look at them now I'm in the wrong? I paid in a very quick manner, you drug ass to ship, lied when they were shipped and provided what I consider a poor product, and I am the bad guy?

As far a dismounting the tires, the advertisement you placed didn't say tires and rims, only rims so trying to pass some of the overcharge for shipping off as dismounting? please, don't treat me like a dumb ass.

At this point I just want the 4th rim and I'm washing my hands of this guy. I think he just flat out a half assed seller and if your going to deal with him, use caution.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: VW thing front beam Reply with quote

I just recently bought a complete thing beam from Paul, reasonably priced & he was very easy to deal with & even met me early on the weekend to pickup. Thanks Paul!
Thomas Lindemann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a follow up, I received the 4th rim on Monday the 27th of April, this one had a small tear in the lip where it was curbed. Im already in the process of repairing it since I feel returning these and being out more money for shipping just isnt worth it, buyer beware with this guy.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, use caution when purchasing 40,50,60 yr. old USED items online, especially when you don't even ask for a picture before purchasing and are too "busy" to take time out of your schedule to come check them out in person to see if they meet your needs.

Thomas Lindemann's negativity towards our transaction is ignorant and unwarranted.

Here is why:
-He responded to my ad for smoothie wheels requesting a decent set of which he stated he would be refinishing.
-I stated a price to ship reflecting All my costs involved to ship, and informed him that it would cost him less to come pick them up in person as he lives within fair driving distance.
-He asked if I would be avail the following Saturday "first thing in the morning" in which I responded by giving a 4hr window from 10am-2pm that I would accommodate.
-guess giving a 4hr window for a stranger who may or may not show up (we've all dealt with those situations) and hasn't prepaid or sent deposit, wasn't good enough for him.
-Because I wouldn't meet "his" time frame, he asked for my paypal and stated "just send them".
Keep in mind, so far , he has not asked for any pictures or questioned my shipping costs requested.

Now in order to deliver on this transaction, I have to remove a set from a vehicle, take the wheels to a tire shop and pay to have the tires dismounted, find a couple 16" boxes, package the wheels, take them to a post office, wait in line...ALL the things involved to get the items to the guy who's time is more important than to come and get them in person where he could have assessed them to make sure they were what he wanted.

Keep in mind, I run a full time service, restoration, custom, high performance shop w/ an $80hr labor rate. To drop what I'm doing to "run around" to accommodate Mr. Lindemann's need costs me far more than the "shipping costs", but I do so to support the vw community and this hobby we all have, and I do so in my "off hour" time..

Once Mr. Lindemann received the wheels, he emailed stating two were good for him, but not the other two.
*Bare in mind, I've been in the vw business over 30 yrs, and know what's avail. and what is good usable or bad. The wheels sent are more than usable.*

Without hesitation, I told him to send them ALL back and I'll refund less my shipping costs, which is exactly what I offer to anyone who purchases my USED items and chooses to have them shipped to "decide" if they are good enough for them as opposed to simply driving over and checking them out in person.

Where I see Mr. Lindemann's faults and frustrations with this transaction are:
1) He never asked for any pictures of the wheels
2) He stated in his initial request that he was going to be refinishing the set
3) He wouldn't take the time to drive over during MY shop hrs. (even with me offering a saturday 4hr. time frame) to assess what he was buying.
4) He didn't question why my shipping costs are what they are
5) He was expecting someone to drop what they were doing to accommodate his needs instead of taking his own time to accommodate his needs.
6) I believe he may have wanted to be buying one of the $400-500 sets of smoothies listed online ( the set I listed was for $200and reflects what ppl come to my shop and purchase regularly)

So yes, I do agree you should caution everyone when buying used items online, ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T ASK FOR A PICTURE OF WHAT YOUR PURCHASING!!

Would I still do business with Mr. Lindemann? Sure, I do what I can to support this hobby...

Would he do another transaction with me? probably not, but I won't hold that against him

Last edited by vwinnovator on Fri May 08, 2015 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now a note to the rest of the vw community.

Our shop is in the middle of a transition and an expansion to continue to support this hobby we all share.

Time has become a commodity, so If you are in an immediate need for an item, please specify your need when inquiring and I will price accordingly to accommodate your needs.
If it doesn't fit into a USPS flat rate box, it WILL take a few days to package and take to the shippers I use. Most are shipped within the week purchased, however, Lg item going by greyhound may take up to 2 weeks as I only make the 2hr. round trip every other week.

As always, you have the option to come to my shop and pick-up the items and see what else I have avail.

If you are not able to come to my shop, know what you are buying before you purchase, as I will not cover the cost of shipping back and forth for you to "look, see, feel, assess..." if the item will fit your needs.

As many who have met me or stopped into my shop know, I have accumulated and stored for many years several sea containers of good OG used parts and continue to bare the cost of doing so to have them avail. to continue to support us all in this hobby. Those who have met and dealt with me personally know I go out of my way to do so.

I do this for YOU, the ppl who want OG items that fit, items that are usable, repairable, reasonably good and still reasonably priced. Items that are becoming harder and harder to find.

Eventually, however, I do have to weigh out the cost of storing them all vs. the alternative value of the space required.

Through out this summer, I will be sorting out and eliminating the multiples of excess items which rarely are purchased. So when they are gone, they're gone forever.

I would like to suggest that if you are in need of items now or anticipate items you may need in the near future, that you take the time to view my ads here, and to visit my shop to see items not listed here, and to get them while you can.

If you are unable to visit, send me a list and as I sort through it all, I'll set it aside and contact you.

Thanks for all your business throughout the years and your patience as we complete our shops transitions.
Thomas Lindemann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He responded to my ad for smoothie wheels requesting a decent set of which he stated he would be refinishing. REFINISHING GENERALLY MEANS, PAINTING ETC... NOT STRAIGHTENING BENT (TORN LIPS)

-I stated a price to ship reflecting All my costs involved to ship, and informed him that it would cost him less to come pick them up in person as he lives within fair driving distance. AND I AGREED TO YOUR PRICE, FAIR DRIVING DISTANCE IS A MATTER OF OPINION

-He asked if I would be avail the following Saturday "first thing in the morning" in which I responded by giving a 4hr window from 10am-2pm that I would accommodate.
-guess giving a 4hr window for a stranger who may or may not show up (we've all dealt with those situations) and hasn't prepaid or sent deposit, wasn't good enough for him.
-Because I wouldn't meet "his" time frame, he asked for my paypal and stated "just send them".

ACTUALLY SINCE YOUR TRYING TO TWIST OR JUSTIFY YOURSELF, IT WASN'T THAT THAT YOU WOULDN'T MEET MY TIME FRAME, IT WAS MORE LIKE I COULDN'T MEET YOURS. AND LET ME TWIST IT FOR YOU, GUESS GIVING SOMEONE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY WITH TRUST YOU WOULD BE GETTING A DECENT PRODUCT ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH (WE'VE ALL DEALT WITH THESE SITUATIONS)

Keep in mind, so far , he has not asked for any pictures or questioned my shipping costs requested

YES I DIDN'T QUESTION YOUR SHIPPING COST, AND IF I WOULD'VE GOTTEN 4 GOOD RIMS I WOULDN'T GIVE A SHIT THAT YOU MADE AN EXTRA $50.00 OFF OF ME WITH YOUR INFLATED SHIPPING.

" He was expecting someone to drop what they were doing to accommodate his needs instead of taking his own time to accommodate his needs."

I think what your forgetting here is I am the customer! I spent the money, (THIS CONCEPT YOU DO UNDERSTAND DONT YOU? YOU WERENT DOING ME A FAVOR, YOU WERE PROVIDING A SERVICE THAT I PAID YOU TO DO) for a product you advertised.

Accommodate my needs? you moron, you advertised a set of rims for sale, I don't care if you had to take them off a car, take tires off etc....that's your problem, you didn't advertise a set of rims with tires mounted and on a car did you? If i would've shown up to your place would I have to take the rims off the car, demount the tires myself? or pay you to do it?

Paul, your a joke, you hide behind the net and prey on people, Use caution when dealing with this guy.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
If your that unhappy with them, SEND THEM ALL BACK!

I gave you the option to, but apparently, your satisfied with them enough to keep and use them.

I sell quite a few sets of used smoothies of which no one has ever had an issue with their usability, until you, BUT, then again your using them and just looking to smear my name in poor taste.

If you would have initiated your request for a set that are "perfect", I would have referred you to the other advertisers with the $400/500 sets listed.
But you asked for a $200 set that you could refinish yourself.

show me some pics of what you consider to be "bent/torn lips", as I don't recall noticing any issues when packaging them.

And yes, If you came to my shop and picked them up, you would been taking them w/ tires on them. I keep tires on all the wheels I sell to preserve the inside and assure they hold air.

And yes, If you had come to my shop and pick them up, you would probably be a much happier / satisfied customer, as I really do go out of my way to take care of vw ppl...

A sight unseen transaction with with an unforeseen expectation could have been easily avoided by asking for pictures first or coming to look in person.
Thomas Lindemann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One I threw in the trash, a second I paid a friend to repair as it had a tear in it the third is in the attic. I didn't send them back since it would've cost me more more for your half ass bullshit.

I don't care how many you sell, how long you been in business, reading through your feedback, your a very defensive person and it seems it always the other persons fault. Well lesson learned.
DrHAX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: 1958 steering shaft Reply with quote

Despite all of the awful, negative, things said here which made me paranoid after purchasing my steering shaft Shocked

Turns out it was all for nothing..the worrying and fear of getting ripped off which all stemmed from this thread. Nothing.. The transaction was smooth as butter and the only issue wasn't Paul's fault.. it was the fault of USPS. It was delayed numerous times. I received it today and its perfect for what I need.

I put up a wanted add for a part of an oval window steering shaft, and numerous people were quoting me rather crazy prices. Paul was the last person to contact me but he gave me the best price... for the full shaft! Cheaper then everybody else's spline end.. I asked for a picture he sent me a picture of the shaft with the wheel still attached. Looked like my wheel so I pulled the trigger.

Its not perfection, it has some surface rust on it but honestly for the price I paid, its amazing. Nobody seems to be selling these damn early steering shafts. Seriously if you want a part ASK Paul and ask for photos, then decide for yourself and just ask for a tracking number in advance. I'm very pleased with my part, the service and the speed of the emails I got.

I would gladly purchase another part from Paul again. Don't always believe the negativity. Very Happy
vwfan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth Transaction, Thanks for the Armrest..
kawik's
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Got my armrest too in a reasonable time. Paul provided pictures of the arm rest as requested and it is exactly as I expected. No more, no less and no surprises. Mahalo buddy!
jimzdat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Well, I decided to take the chance despite any negativity on this thread - bought a project car from Paul.

Requested info about one of his ads; he replied that one had sold, forgot to take ad down, pointed me at two others he had available.

Decided to pull the trigger on one of the other projects, just had to arrange for vacation time. During that interim period, Paul emailed me to inform me that he had listed that same project for a lower price in another ad, and he would honor the lower price (I had no idea about the other ad - speaks to honesty in my opinion).

Once we got out there to pick up the car, he made sure we got a proper gas tank and glass for it as well - things that were not mentioned in the ad, but were greatly appreciated.

Overall, I think I got a good deal on the car we wanted, and Paul definitely surprised us by adding in some extras - thanks!
rekbender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Paul responded to my WTB ad for factory marked quarter glass and rear engine tin for my '72 Super. He had the correct glass and found the exact pieces of factory tin I needed. He sent pictures so I knew exactly what to expect. I received his package within the week and it was very well packed. The glass was excellent - clean with no scratches. I will go to Paul again as my project continues. No problems.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: