Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwinnovator
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
rayroc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Very Happy very please with a bus seat I got from Paul, it was exactly as described and fairly priced and he was helpful loading it I would recommend buying parts from him to anyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

I ordered some hardware from Paul,didn't spend alot I sent 2 emails asking if he got my money order yet haven't heard anything.Seen the pissing contest about the H apron on here awhile back Paul if you watch this thread please update me about my order
Thank You
Ron
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

nreslifer wrote:
I ordered some hardware from Paul,didn't spend alot I sent 2 emails asking if he got my money order yet haven't heard anything.Seen the pissing contest about the H apron on here awhile back Paul if you watch this thread please update me about my order
Thank You
Ron

your pmt has just arrived, items on the way.

(emailed as well, Wink )
thanks,
Paul
FGT1958
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Contacted Paul about the fuel injected exhaust. It was too rough for me, but he did have a good muffler and some tin parts that I bought for a very fair price. Thanks for all the time you spent looking for everything Paul. It was good to meet you and I appreciate the shop tour and seeing all the good work you do.

Frank
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Paul contacted me when I had placed a wanted ad for some rear bumper splash pans for a 70 Bay Bus. He said he had a set for a reasonable price, and sent some pictures when I requested them. He shipped the parts quickly, and they turned out to be great useable parts. Paul is now on my short list of go to guys for hard to find used parts. Great communication, fast shipping, great parts! Thanks! Geoff
4bolts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Met Paul today to pick up a couple seats.
They were as advertised, good price.
I asked about condition and photos before buying ( I see that concept eludes many people on here) and his description was spot on.
I will definitely buy more from him.
David Miskov
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Bought drums and discs from Paul and they were exactly as described.
Thanks.
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Kudos to Paul!
I bought a Sig Erson camshaft and lifters from this gentleman before looking at this feedback post. However, I must say, I am more than pleased. The parts look perfect and arrived in a timely manner. I'm in the process of refurbing the tired 1915 in my 70 Ghia and noticed the oil pump has galled the slot in my current cam. I for one appreciate guys like this who live the hobby and have kept so many little goodies for so many years and are willing to share. I'm definitely keeping his contact info as I'm sure I will need something further.
Thanks Paul, glad you're out here.
bakersam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Paul just reengined my '51 split with a 1600 after the nonorginal 36 hp installed packed it up. He scrupulolousy strove to maintain as much of the period look of the original 25 hp as reasonably possible right down to the single point exhaust. He takes great pride in his work and it shows. It will take a little longer than many due to his workload and great attention to detail, but it clearly shows in the finished product. He's a straight shooter and pleasure to work with. Highly recommended!
bugblanc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Bought a pair of Centerline wheels and then some cooling flaps from Paul. Great guy to deal with, items as described, in very good condition and well packed. Will definitely ask again if there are hard to find parts I cant source in the UK.
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

I bought a complete flapper set up from this guy (as well as an earlier camshaft).

I have to say I didn't expect what I received.

Paul sent not only the flappers but the control rods, return spring and every e-clip, screw, nut and bolt necessary for installation.

Well done Sir!
JoeTav
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Good transaction from Paul as he dealt me what I needed and was nice enough to take car of the rest. Nice Job ! Thank you ..
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Have tried to email Paul a couple of times but never hear back. Anyone know how to best get in touch with him?
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Emeraldlion wrote:
Have tried to email Paul a couple of times but never hear back. Anyone know how to best get in touch with him?

Shops pretty backed up with work this time of year..
Generally, I respond to inquiries same day, but with pressing deadlines on a couple builds right now, it may be a day or two.

Prospecting used parts sales and picture taking takes second priority to the main stream work, and if I recall, you were inquiring about getting a few pics??

Thanks for your patience.
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

I was, and Paul did get back with me this morning. Thank you!
bakersam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Well, sadly you've had better luck than me. Paul rebuilt an engine for me over a year ago now. The engine's been running fine, but when the generator died on me a couple months ago I reached out to Paul to see if he could replace it. Despite repeated and various methods of contacting him, I never received any response. This seems most uncharacteristic of him, and while I can imagine he's backlogged the courtesy of a reply to that effect doesn't seem too much to expect after a month or better...even more so to a recent customer. What concerns me more was that Paul maintained that he'll stand behind his work. While the generator was not his work (he just reused mine from the old engine), his continued failure to respond to a call for help can't help but call into question his stated warranty by implication. When asked about his work recently, I (yet again) reached out to Paul to give him a chance to respond as I framed my response. Yet again...no response at all. Most disappointing...
bakersam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

March 2nd, '19...Googled European Auto Tech in Pasadena, MD (AKA: "vwinnovator") and Yelp now reports the business as closed. This is a change from my last look less than a month ago. Sad to say a very good brick and mortar business appears to have folded. Someone's selling off parts, but presumably there's no more mechanical work being done. A real shame...
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

YELP!! Shocked Shocked
geez...
the phone number listed there hasn't been in service for over a decade Rolling Eyes
as well as anybody can click the "not in business" button...

Far from closed though and overloaded with large restoration, high performance engine, and custom builds.

Unfortunately, I seldom take in little jobs that are not cost effective to my operations as the time to do the actual job compared to the amount of time consumed overall no longer makes them worthwhile.

perfect example:
recently a gentleman came to my shop on a Saturday to purchase 2 OG fenders and consumed over 5hrs. of my day being inquisitive and admiring what I do. A sale that should have only taken 1/2hr tops, wasted nearly a full day of production time.

Internet parts sales have been a blessing to cut down on these scenarios.
Greg123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Bought a short block from Paul. Works great! real happy. Had a few problems, Paul was quick to reply back and help. Greg in Montana
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Paul answered my WTB ad, and the part showed up extremely well packaged. Thanks a bunch!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: