Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 926, 927, 928 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nzvwfan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Any photos of the white bus beside it ?
adriano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Very nice canadian bus!
VIN code is not far from mine and I have the same M-codes, including the heater.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm wondering that in a few days (mine is 03 2), VW was able to produce 11582 busses.
Is it right the front bumper on the cargo floor for a kombi?
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

adriano wrote:
Very nice canadian bus!
VIN code is not far from mine and I have the same M-codes, including the heater.

I'm wondering that in a few days (mine is 03 2), VW was able to produce 11582 busses.
Is it right the front bumper on the cargo floor for a kombi?

Do you still have the heater?

Also, I've reread your last sentence at least 5 times and still can't figure out what you're trying to ask. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Any chance this is a walk thru version of the Canadiana Camper kit?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Looking at the photos that he posted, it appears not to be a walk-through
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

volksair wrote:

I think @nlorntson was asking if the pictures posted above were a Canadiana install or something else, because it's clearly a walkthrough.

And yes, the other one is not a walkthrough, but is Canadiana. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
adriano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:

Do you still have the heater?

Also, I've reread your last sentence at least 5 times and still can't figure out what you're trying to ask. Very Happy

I still have heater and kombi. Both are working very well.
I try to explain my question :
I saw a front bumper on a picture but this front bumper has guards like deluxe.
When I got mine, both bumpers were missing and I would like to know if the bumper in the cargo floor of this canadian bus is the original or not because I restored mine installing bumpers w/o guards.
I would like to decode M-codes 388 and 043 but both of them, for VW museum are unknow.
volksair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
volksair wrote:

I think @nlorntson was asking if the pictures posted above were a Canadiana install or something else, because it's clearly a walkthrough.

I think you might be right!
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
volksair wrote:

Precisely @peecee69.

Parts (especially the ceiling) of this mystery camper we have look very similar to this beautiful Turkis Canadiana interior. Our interior seems way nicer than some home brew camper interior and seeing as we are near the Canadian border, I guess it could be some Canada based conversion, but what is unknown.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

adriano wrote:
I still have heater and kombi. Both are working very well.

Cool! Is there a thread on here showing your bus? It would be neat to see that setup.

adriano wrote:

I try to explain my question :
When I got mine, both bumpers were missing and I would like to know if the bumper in the cargo floor of this canadian bus is the original or not because I restored mine installing bumpers w/o guards.
I would like to decode M-codes 388 and 043 but both of them, for VW museum are unknow.

This is where I'm confused. Maybe a language barrier? What does the bolded phrase mean? The bumpers are on the front and back.

043 - Preparation for Swiss license requirements
388 - Seen on Canadian Passenger and Kombi Buses

Could this be a European tourist delivery bus for a Canadian? If the m-code in your post is yours though, since it has a Vancouver port it's probably not a tourist delivery bus.
adriano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

See the last picture of Tim MacDonald message.
I know that, normally bumpers are on the front and on back but is this case bumper is leaning on the cargo floor. IS it the original one? Is it correct with guards?

My bus was delivered in Vancouver on 1964, then in '70 exported to Florida, then rescued in Arizona by sambamember T2 sold in Belgium and delivered to me in Italy.

My original VW birth certificate says:
043 unknown
388 Unknown
I only know that all original canadian busses have walk throu spare tire well on non walk thru version, see here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=547342&highlight=canadian+t2

Pics of T2 are referred to my bus.
For more pics, see my gallery.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

This bumper in this picture?

1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
adriano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Yes. Very Happy
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
volksair wrote:

Precisely @peecee69.

Parts (especially the ceiling) of this mystery camper we have look very similar to this beautiful Turkis Canadiana interior. Our interior seems way nicer than some home brew camper interior and seeing as we are near the Canadian border, I guess it could be some Canada based conversion, but what is unknown.

The other bus is not a Canadiana - there's no similarity I can see. And there wasn't a walk-through version of that camper kit anyway - the jump seat was a bit wider and would mostly block the companionway, and there was a panel that came with the kit that went all the way across the back of the front seats.

Two of the easiest ways to recognize the camper group is the unique profile of the jump seat and the gingerbread trim along the interior ceiling.

This camper kit (along with its US variant) was produced at a time when VW was forcing dealerships to accept quotas of other vehicles for every Westy they got, which gave rise to all the after-market campers in the US and Canada because that move made Westys relatively hard to get since most dealerships woudn't go for it. The Canadiana and US variant were the dealerships' response: an official VW camper kit you could order by mail or have installed at the dealership but wasn't a Westy. So they really only fit in non-walk-through busses as far as I know.
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

adriano

All North American export buses had the bumper guards and towel bar from September of 1958 onward (post pressed bumper era).
Euro delivered, (and many other destinations) did not have the over riders on the bumper blade.
Italian delivered buses would only have the blade - which I believe you said is how you have restored it, but as a Canadian bus, to be correct, it needs the over riders both front and rear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BARBERCHOP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I know it says no craigslist adds but this for me is unusual. a 1963 VW van titled in Tx but was built in Brazil and sold as a 1974. So did a search and found this info to be legit. Located in Houston. Does say Tx title. I was all ways under the impression especially living here on the Mexican border and working for Ford the last 35 years that it was impossible to get a Mexican or South American vehicle registered and titled in the stated.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

BARBERCHOP wrote:
I know it says no craigslist adds but this for me is unusual. a 1963 VW van titled in Tx but was built in Brazil and sold as a 1974. So did a search and found this info to be legit. Located in Houston. Does say Tx title. I was all ways under the impression especially living here on the Mexican border and working for Ford the last 35 years that it was impossible to get a Mexican or South American vehicle registered and titled in the stated.

it's a 1974 Brazilian bus, not a 63, says so in the ad. A brazillian bus can be titled in TX. I'm curious to see it myself, but I would run away at that price
rustfree1967bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Just rescued this pressed bumper mango from its 50+ year resting spot today.It sunk so deep i didn't even think it had a front beam.

'66 sunroof beetle
'74 bus
'67 so-42

IDA's...well... they talk dirty -MURZI
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Any story on the excavation of it? Howd ya get it on the trailer, come on mans. Its time to tell the tale...leave us spellbound
Cheers Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet

Last edited by aa390392 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

rustfree1967bug wrote:

Corn is way short. Been a wet year I hear.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 926, 927, 928 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 927 of 990

Jump to: