Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 930, 931, 932 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Nice.

Ive pulled a few having to use a chainsaw too!

Looks like fun,
congrats
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

vwman1960 wrote:
Rescued this 67. Had been after it for a while and sealed the deal over the winter. Finally went to dig it out this weekend
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Love that straight axle kit!
vwman1960
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Thank you, it was a lot of fun! That axle is an old trailer axle that I cut down and welded some thing spindles to. Worked out pretty well [/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

vwman1960 wrote:
Thank you, it was a lot of fun! That axle is an old trailer axle that I cut down and welded some thing spindles to. Worked out pretty well

How did you mount it to the bus? I know it's just to get it rolling, but you must have bolted to the trans frame horns or something.
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Looks like it’s bolted to the springplates.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
vwman1960
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I welded some angle on both sides of the axle and drilled holes to bolt through the spring plates. Luckily the whole torsion wasn’t cut from it and they were still there. I’ll have to figure out how to go about repairing the frame horns since they have been cut off
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

My "new" bus :Zombi kombi .I just bought it this weekend at a sale just across the border about fifty miles away. I also scored some rare og parts for it.

LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Applause
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zimblewinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

that's a pretty early (59?) walk through. Digging the pipes Very Happy and the radio.
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Bullet walk-through.....very nice!
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

It's a 60, and those parts are what i think are bastard only ,besides the radio lol. The funny thing though the m tag says it was made 1/13/60 and nothing about the walk through just 372,175,133 and the usual uc 231 blue. And then the serial number.
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Bullet walk through kombi! My al time favorite bus! I have a light gray 60 walk through that is a huge project but it was the bus I was looking for!
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Busted-bolt wrote:
It's a 60, and those parts are what i think are bastard only ,besides the radio lol. The funny thing though the m tag says it was made 1/13/60 and nothing about the walk through just 372,175,133 and the usual uc 231 blue. And then the serial number.

I have seen another walkthrough which did not have the M-code for walkthrough. It was about the same age as this one. I doublechecked everything on the bus, and it was the real deal.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
CanadianVWboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Now that deal is done and she is in our property I can post pics Smile

1960 15 Window

There is also a build thread
-69 Brasilia -63 ghia
-69 beetle
Current vws
-54 oval semaphore
-58 lowlight ghia
-60 15w deluxe bus
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

CanadianVWboy wrote:

1960 15 Window

Super rusty but at least it had all the seat frames. I thought about that one myself, but then smartened up.
CanadianVWboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

buseric wrote:
CanadianVWboy wrote:

1960 15 Window

Super rusty but at least it had all the seat frames. I thought about that one myself, but then smartened up.

Buseric we are already looking at buying a whole chassis..rather the d!@king around patching multiple parts. https://classicsteelbody.com
This will be a good candidate
-69 Brasilia -63 ghia
-69 beetle
Current vws
-54 oval semaphore
-58 lowlight ghia
-60 15w deluxe bus
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

That would be the way to do it I suppose.
12Paths
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Found this little sc in the background of a fb ad...not for sale until I asked about it. 😂
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Score, nice to hear about getting stuff in the background of other ads.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Badass. I always look at it as the worst someone could say is “no.” Well, there are other, more eloquent ways, but it doesn’t hurt to try!! What year single cab?

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 930, 931, 932 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 931 of 990

Jump to: