Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 939, 940, 941  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Yesterday 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

mtnbus wrote:
coolest find in a while !
Nice

Yep. Very nice score. "Yea, I gotta couple old VW Pick-ups" and they turn out to be Doublecabs... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Holy Shit find of the Year !!!!!

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'65 Bus/Panel/camper W/T
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

coolest find in a while !
Nice
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
Super cool find! Odd that the '63 has the double electrical inlet or outlet fixture above the left taillight. I wonder what that is all about? Great find, did you buy them both? Tell us more about this adventure! ...and congratulations!

Bill

I'd suspect it was wired for a trailer connector there. It is relatively easy to modify an American alternator to put out 100+ volts DC for a short time, but I doubt that is what is going on there.
Also fitted an Anhangkuppler. Trailer hitch ball. Called AHK in German ads.
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Awesome find! Congrats on getting them extracted, thanks for sharing!
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

58euro wrote:

Here's you can see how close they really were, only inches between everything. This is when we finally got the camper moved and the wife was pretty happy to get in to them.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

happy wife = happy life
58euro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, super excited to get them both! I'm not really sure what the electrical inlet is on the 63 yet, not really crawled around them and checked them out too much yet. The 63 is light grey though with a Turkis Decklid and Turkis passenger door on it. I did find the og paint light grey decklid and door in the barn however. The 63 came Mcoded with a 1500 engine and hoops and canvas, I was really hoping the hoops and canvas would be in the barn somewhere but no luck.

The extraction was a pain lol. Had a 1968 Truck bed camper blocking them that I tried 2 different trailers that wouldn't fit underneath and tried 2 different trucks which also wouldn't work. Came back day 2 and was able to borrow someone else's trailer to get it pulled out. When it came to pulling them out the 66 was the worst as it was wedged between the other bus and a wooden post. Luckily all that worked out though and was able to get them pulled out without any issues.

Here's you can see how close they really were, only inches between everything. This is when we finally got the camper moved and the wife was pretty happy to get in to them.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
'63 a Turkis Truck?

Looks light grey with a turkis decklid. Hard to say with that layer of dust.

-Mitch Hedberg
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

'63 a Turkis Truck?
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Super cool find! Odd that the '63 has the double electrical inlet or outlet fixture above the left taillight. I wonder what that is all about? Great find, did you buy them both? Tell us more about this adventure! ...and congratulations!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

What a great find!! Result!!
LAGrunthaner Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

58euro, yes, that owner sure did squeeze them in. How difficult was it to extricate? Good for you and good for all of us to see that the barn finds are still out there. Applause Applause Applause

58euro wrote:
Not everyday you have someone tell you they know of 2 single cabs in a barn and they end up being 2 double cabs! Spent the last 2 days getting these guys dug out of hibernation. The 63 was parked in 81 and the 66 was parked in 77. Old owner definitely squeezed them in there.

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

58euro wrote:

Wow..congrats,nice finds
1966 java pat-tina pile
1968 cig-panel 1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Very nice.

-Mitch Hedberg
58euro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Not everyday you have someone tell you they know of 2 single cabs in a barn and they end up being 2 double cabs! Spent the last 2 days getting these guys dug out of hibernation. The 63 was parked in 81 and the 66 was parked in 77. Old owner definitely squeezed them in there.

Combinations
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
And it's up for grabs now...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2391852

You get what you see says the ad. Looks like for $7000 you get the leaves that are hiding the floor. Hard to see what you get!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1974 Westfalia Hardtop Campmobile
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
62DoKaGuy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

4/62 Double Cab
4/59 Single Cab
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

That is a killer score for San Antonio. I dun cleared all the splits out of VolkSmith several years back with no other prospects around. Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1974 Westfalia Hardtop Campmobile
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
Culito

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Can't wait to see that thing hit with some CLR.
johnnypan wrote:
...dont pay no attention to Culito,he's a cornhole..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Hollenbeck7 wrote:
zozo wrote:
Damn. That is GORGEOUS! What part of Texas?

San Antonio

Iím in Lytle, just down 35 a piece.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 939, 940, 941  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 941

Jump to: