Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 882, 883, 884 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

The door panel on the Driver's door looks amazing for being outside!

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
The door panel on the Driver's door looks amazing for being outside!

Looks better than a Wolfsburg west commercial panel after one year out of the weather Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Wish you picked it up then Crying or Very sad

crukab wrote:
Today I went and looked at a waisted '63 ish Singlecab I found 6 years ago:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Today:

Dug the gates out of the ground:

It is all toastie rotted, but I'm bringing it home anyway....... Rolling Eyes

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Wish you picked it up then Crying or Very sad

Pretty sure it would not have made any difference really. What is now junk, was junk then, too. But he was able to save some bits that will keep other buses alive, so that's good.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I'm really just circling back on some old finds that the owners think/thought they had GOLD !in there yard.....
The Gates are pretty fried, Wall hangers for the Carport.... The bed is solid, cab upper is good. The owner runs a huge farm & gravel pit, he is going to bulldoze a path into where he parked it 30 years ago, bring it out to the road, where will put it on my trailer, or cut it up right there.

Here is what I brought home the 1st time I saw it:

Some cars have been there longer :

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Happy hump day guys and gals! I took the day off to go check out a solid lead. Heading out right now, more details of course later today!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Today wasn’t too bad. Found a 65 standard, 62 panel, and a early 56 oval rag, Ragtop had the-1 prefix with ribbed doors and bullet fenders. A picture of the panel is in the gallery, I will upload more later.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

love to see the logo of the imported wine panel bus even though i now see that it is an older find
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Exciting mr white can't wait to see the 56 Popcorn

mr white wrote:
Today wasn’t too bad. Found a 65 standard, 62 panel, and a early 56 oval rag, Ragtop had the-1 prefix with ribbed doors and bullet fenders. A picture of the panel is in the gallery, I will upload more later.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

mr white wrote:

Sounds like a late 55 or what we call and "American 55" due to the ribbed doors with bullets. 6 month car right there. Should still be a 3 fold sliding rag.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
wdollie6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Found a stash of buses in a field next to an unkept house and garage, trying to find the owners... Some bugs as well! Needless to say excited about the potential.
21 Window

Camper

Splitty

DoubleCab

1972 Westy, Sierra Yellow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

no way would i have posted that until i was certain those vehicles were on my property!!!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw7266
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I always enjoy people trespassing on my property opening up all my shit then posting pictures on the internet. People are very rude
tjewett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

At least you were nice enough to post evidence of your crime for the owner in case they want to press charges for trespassing and theft of anything they want to say you took. You even provided a face pic. Please don't try this on my property. I'm pretty nice but my wife has an AR-15 with a 100 round clip. She's not as friendly and I can guarantee you won't get back to your car. I really can't comprehend the mentality people have that makes them think this is ok. Private property doesnt have to be posted to keep people off it. This 'abandoned property" nonsense is B.S. Having been in local government I can assure you every property is "owned" by someone who is paying taxes on it. As soon as the taxes aren't paid the property is sold at auction to a new owner. Don't own it or have permission to be there , then stay the hell off until you do.
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Nice lot of buses to be in NY. Someone knows about them.
I agree to respect people’s property and their privacy, but the good ole days of adventuring out and finding things seems a slim experience. People don’t wanna talk, never wanna sell, and are hardly ever wanting to be polite.
As long as you don’t steal, don’t stoop, and leave as it is, you’re okay with me.
Not everything can be owned. The Natives tried telling us this, I know it’s the 21st century, but cmon, let’s not allow all the bad folks to keep us from making memories and experiencing things new in life. Be amazed what a knock and a hello can create, perhaps even a friendship.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I too would have waited till they were in my pocket. Though that looks like hoarder country.... but you never know, maybe they’re ready to peel one off. Either way, thanks for the photos!

P.s. man I wish they didn’t scrub the geo tags on the exif data now. That made these early posts way more entertaining.
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Oh damn thanks for posting those pics but....

1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:

Yes.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
wdollie6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

My apologies if I offended anyone with my post, not my intent. I found these the same way i discovered my 72 Westy, just driving by. Stopped knocked on the door, waited, knocked again, did it a third time no answer, frankly curiosity then got the best of me.

I took pictures without touching or opening anything, and certainly did not remove anything from the premises, nor would I ever. Right thing to do, maybe not, won't do it again unless I have the owners permission (again this is the same approach I took when I found my 72). Note that I own about 180 acres that unknowns show up on all the time, lost hiking or hunting. I certainly don't take the gun out and hunt them down, my first assumption is that any trespass is innocent. Will these owners think the same way? I hope so, but won't know until I locate them.

If the best that happens is that I got that close to an original 21 window, I will be more than happy. Moving on.
1972 Westy, Sierra Yellow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
SamboSamba22 wrote:

Yes.

x2!

https://vimeo.com/67661950
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 882, 883, 884 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 883 of 990

Jump to: